Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Just Like This ❯ One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kat: Woah… My first one-shot. I'm so proud of myself.
 
555555555555555555555555555555555
 
Tomorrow, Sasuke will have to go back to his village. He will go back to being the head of the ANBU squad. He will protect the Hokage. He will insult said Hokage, and be insulted back as long as no one is around to hear them. But Sasuke doesn't mind, because Naruto has matured a little bit. Tomorrow, Sasuke must leave Hidden Sand.
 
But Sasuke doesn't care.
 
Tomorrow, Gaara has three long meetings. One about finances, one about the newest bout of construction that must be finished before the rain season, and one about God knows what else. He must work long hours and file too much paperwork. Tomorrow Gaara must go back to being Kazekage.
 
But Gaara doesn't care.
 
The city lights have all but gone out, and the sun has just set over the horizon, leaving a pale blue line where the sky meets the earth. The rest of the sky is dark blue, with no stars out yet to pin it back into place, and Gaara feels like he can reach out and touch it.
 
Sasuke didn't realize how cold it was in the desert at night. The temperature has dropped from ninety to forty degrees in all of a half-hour. Sasuke wraps his arms around Gaara as he lies on Sasuke's chest, feeling the smaller man's body heat, running his fingers through soft red locks, and thankful for the cover of darkness. He is glad that Gaara has left the gourd back inside. The rooftop is cold beneath his back, but he doesn't care.
 
The wind is blowing gently now, and Gaara knows that they won't be able to stay on the rooftop to watch the stars come out much longer, because Sasuke isn't used to the biting cold that the desert has to offer during the night. But Gaara doesn't care.
 
All the troubles of the world, all of the pain and sorrow, the ache of loneliness, and the sting of defeat. All of it is forgotten, blown away like sand on the wind. Because right now, the only things that matter are the two of them, in a time out of time. Lying back, and watching the stars come out. Listening to the silence of the sleeping city. Feeling the cool breeze. Waiting.
 
Gaara hopes tomorrow never comes.
 
Sasuke wishes he never has to leave.
 
But that's okay to them. Right now, they want to stay forever.
 
Just.
 
Like.
 
This.
 
 
00000000000000000000000000000000
 
Kat: Bah. That didn't turn out quite like I planned. Oh well. I thought this up a 12:30 this morning. -_- -didn't get to sleep until three a.m.- Whatever. Please review, SasuGaa fans!