Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kaka/Saku Drabbles ❯ Insightful ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Naruto, including all rights, characters, and privileges belong to Misashi Kishimoto-sama.
Insightful
Insightful: exhibiting or characterization by insight-the power, act, or result of seeing into a situation.
0o0
It didn't matter how much he thought over the situation. Hatake Kakashi knew without a doubt that he loved something that was forbidden. Someone who had stolen his heart one rainy afternoon. It didn't help to think of what could be, because it never would. He should have saw this coming, he should have acted as though nothing had changed. He was nothing if insightful, but what had thrown him off course was her big green eyes and silky pink hair.
 
How he had managed to exude such coolness and detachment was beyond his understanding. Haruno Sakura, the student that once had the least potential was now one of the best kunoichi and medic-nin in Konoha. She had captured his heart, captured his essence. He knew without a doubt that he loved her, but what made that love unattainable was the disgrace he would throw upon her.
 
She didn't know he loved her. She knew he liked her as more than a friend, but what went beyond that had not been presented to her. He should have stayed away; he shouldn't have stopped taking long two-year missions. But whatever his excuse he couldn't escape the feeling of emptiness that gripped him at odd hours of the day. When he saw her on the street or when she waited for him after a mission he wanted to share all his feelings with her.
 
But he held back. He didn't want to see her ostracized by all the villagers. It didn't matter than she was twenty-one and he fourteen years her junior, a student and teacher relationship was taboo. So when he asked her to go to the Tenjin Matsuri festival with him, he had cursed his lack of insight. Every time he looked at her she blushed. When his hand lingered longer than necessary her heart rate would increase. When he commented on how beautiful she looked a shiver would wrack her body. No matter what he did, Sakura loved him back.
 
So when she asked him to walk her back to her apartment he had obliged. It didn't matter than he knew something would go wrong, he couldn't resist the pull she exuded. The night air had been warm; she had had no idea what she did to him when she let her kimono fall to expose her creamy shoulders and prominent collarbones. He had held himself back, wanting to be incapable of feeling.
 
That last thread that was holding his passion and sanity had snapped when she had asked him if he wanted to enter her apartment. The next moment she had been crushed to his chest, his mouth hungrily devouring hers. He had been surprised when she had returned his kiss, his morals slipping more by the second. When he tugged her kimono lower he knew that he couldn't stop himself. The sight of her porcelain skin had sent him over the edge.
 
The next morning he had awoken to feel complete, as though last night had been the pinnacle of his life. He damned the rest of the village; Sakura was his now and forever. His fate had been sealed when he had made love to her the previous night. He couldn't go back to just being friends. He didn't want to. If his insight had been only a fraction sharper he would have seen this coming. But he wasn't sorry. Whatever the future held, he knew he would be insightful towards his kunoichi from now on.
 
0o0
 
So everyone, what did you think? I know it was short but that's why the title is KakaSaku Drabbles. I'm surprised at all the reviews I received for Catastrophe, which is why I decided to do another so soon. Again, with persuasion from my wonderful reviewers I picked another random word, insightful. I believe I'll continue to keep picking random words. My writing had gotten so much better in the past few months. I think one of the reasons is all the encouraging reviews I have received. If you do review, which I hope you do if you read, then I would appreciate it if you would give me an advanced critic. Thanks to those who have read and reviewed!