Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ KakaIru Oneshots ❯ Why I Love You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings and Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. This fic contains shounen ai (KakaIru), OOCness and is AU.
 
Why I Love You
 
“Sasuke-kun?”
 
“Hai Iruka-sensei?”
 
“Were you training by yourself again?” The five-year-old Japanese boy looked up at his teacher. He saw that the scar across the chuunin's nose was an angry red. He was pissed!
 
“H-Hai sensei” the normally emotionless boy stuttered. Then he looked confused. “How did you know?”
 
Iruka looked at the dark-haired boy with amusement shining in his chocolate brown eyes. “What? Thought I wouldn't be able to smell the blood? Come on. Let's get you cleaned up!” He started to leave the classroom when he realized the boy wasn't following him. “Sasuke-kun?” he said in THAT tone of voice.
 
“H-Hai sensei!” the boy squeaked (what? He's only five!) and he followed Iruka out of the door.
 
Later that day…
 
Iruka hears a knock on his door. He puts down his cup of tea and answers it (cautiously - he IS a ninja!) He carefully opens the door and sees Sasuke standing there, looking uncomfortable.
 
“Sasuke-kun! Do you need something?”
 
“Um…I just…”
 
“Hai, Sasuke-kun?” Iruka asked gently.
 
“Thank you, sensei. For taking care of me earlier.”
 
“It's no problem! Glad I could help!” They stand there, neither knowing what else to say. “Ano…would you like some tea, Sasuke-kun?” Iruka asks, gesturing into his house.
 
“N-No thanks, sensei. I should be leaving. Thank you!” And the (kawaii!) young Sasuke walks away.
 
Hatake Kakashi, who has been standing in the shadows for the past five minutes, marvels at how the chuunin can make even the most rude child mind his manners. He even got Uchiha Sasuke to carry on a conversation!
 
Ten years later…
 
“I remember the first time I noticed you…” Kakashi boomed, cheeks pink from sake and mask discarded long ago. His silver hair was sticking up as usual, but seemed flattened on one side. His visible eye was curved into a charming little crescent. Instead of his hitai-ate, a black patch covered his Sharingan eye. (He sounds more like a pirate than a ninja!)
 
“Not again…” Iruka muttered, stone-sober but pink-cheeked (he's on Kakashi's lap).
 
“Sasuke-kun hurt himself training alone, you fixed him up, and he came to your house - this very house - to thank you. I'd never been so amazed in my life! Uppity little Uchiha Sasuke humbled himself before his teacher! Marvelous!”
 
“It's not such a big deal…” Iruka started.
 
“Of course it is! If I hadn't happened along, I might never have played any attention to you and we wouldn't be here now!”
 
“You never even spoke to me until years later.”
 
“Yes. And that was because we both taught Naruto. If that had been the first time I noticed you, I never would have talked to you again. And I never would have fallen in love with you.” Kakashi stopped talking and hugged Iruka tightly.
 
“So you don't think I'm too soft?”
 
“I'd kill anyone who said you were. You kick ass when you're angry, even if you are just a chuunin. But you are also a kind, caring person and that's why I love you.”
 
Owari.
 
Author's Note: I know it's no good, but please review anyway! Thank you for reading this! I just want to share my love of KakaIru. This is the first time I've written something kinda fluffy like this with them.