Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kisolo Kiyamee, A Girl In The Akatsuki ❯ Into The Akatsuki ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Blood trickled down my neck. I felt something sharp against my throat, followed by a warm dampness. I was being held back by someone. I didn't know who because I couldn't see. Blinded, blinded by a blindfold. I was oblivious to what was happening. More of the warm dampness, blood, seeped into my clothing from my throat. A kunai, or so it felt like, was piercing me. The wound getting deeper and deeper. So much blood being shed. Not that it was innocent or anything. I knew that if I survived this I would get what I was looking for: The ninth spot in the Akatsuki. If I could just free my hands, I could cease the torture I am going through. I heard a voice. It was too soft for me to hear what it was saying. It got closer, louder, but I still couldn't hear it. The voice was apparently addressing the person holding me back.
"Let the girl go, for now. She will endure training. If she survives at the battle facility, she will probably get what she wants. Take the fold off, Deidara." the voice said. He obeyed. The brightness of the light in the room, stung my eyes. I looked up and a dark figure was looming over me. Then some other guy walked up. Who's who? I felt totally confused.
"Your name?" the dark figure asked.
"Kisolo Kiyamee of the Mist." I answered him.
"You will start your training immediately. When you enter the facility you will undergo an exam to see which member to put you under guidance. And of all the exams that have been taken, all of the Akatsuki have gotten apprentices except for one, Itachi Uchiha. But that may be about to change. Deidara take the girl to the facility and give her the test. Her real training is about to begin." The dark figure left the room.
I was dragged out of that building. "You know, if you survive, you'll be the first girl in the organization." Deidara threw me into some building. "Everyone. Sit down and prepare for the exam!" he yelled. "Oh and this isn't the normal pen/paper kind of exam. Actually it is. But it's more like a personality quiz than an exam. It's to see who, if you survive that long, to put you under guidance. Most people score results that put them under Zetsu's or Tobi's counselling, but honestly, I just know that's gonna change. Good luck!" Deidara backed away grinning.
I took out my pen and looked at the first question. The quiz was short but the questions were; What is your favorite color? Animal? Saying? What would you do if you made it as an Akatsuki member? Who would you want to be put under guidance? Etc. etc. It was pretty gay, actually. After everyone finished, Deidara and some guy with red hair, an Akatsuki member, I could tell because of his apparel, collected the papers. This isn't right. The Akatsuki aren't threatening us. What are they playing us for? Well I'm no idiot, I need to watch my back. A few moments later, seven of the Akatsuki stepped forward.
"Listen up! When you hear your name, stand up, and stand in front of the person who says your name. Sasori, start!" Deidara said. The one with red hair stood up. "Midori, Zouyi, Girii..." Sasori kept naming names. When he finished, Deidara himself stood. He called names too. Then a guy with what looked leaves framing his black and white face stood. "I'm Tobi," he called names too. Only two though. A lot of others stood and called names. And lastly a guy with long black hair, and red eyes stepped up. The Sharingan?! I never thought I'd see the day. It's Itachi Uchiha, murderer of the whole of the Uchiha Clan. Interesting. I looked around the room, I was the only one left. My God! He's gonna pick me! So that's what that figure meant by "And of all the exams that have been taken, all of the Akatsuki have gotten apprentices except for one, Itachi Uchiha. But that may be about to change."
"It's been years since I was even close to having an apprentice, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pass you. You will have to prove to me you are worthy of being in the Akatsuki, Kisolo Kiyamee." Itachi said.
"You might not be impressed by my skills, Itachi Uchiha, but I will prove my worthiness." I went to stand in front of Itachi. I looked at his eyes. Mesmerizing, those eyes, dangerous too. He closed them for a second, and slowly opening them, he whispered something I couldn't hear. I was still looking at his eyes when he did that. I flinched then closed my eyes. When I opened them again the sky was red and the sun was black. I wasn't sure what was happening, but then it hit me. This is the true power of the Uchiha Clan. I felt something wet roll down my neck. He's replaying the past. The torture I endured before I was allowed to attempt to become part of the Akatsuki. Not again.
Blood trickled down my neck. I felt something sharp against my throat, followed by a warm dampness. I was being held back by someone. I didn't know who because I couldn't see. Blinded, blinded by a blindfold. I was oblivious to what was happening. More of the warm dampness, blood, seeped into my clothing from my throat. A kunai, or so it felt like, was piercing me. The wound getting deeper and deeper. So much blood being shed. I knew that if I survived this I would get what I was looking for: The ninth spot in the Akatsuki. If I could just free my hands, I could cease the torture I am going through. I heard a voice. It was too soft for me to hear what it was saying. It got closer, louder, but I still couldn't hear it. The voice was apparently addressing the person holding me back.
"Take the fold off, Deidara." the voice said. He obeyed. The brightness of the light in the room, stung my eyes. I looked up and a dark figure was looming over me. Then some other guy walked up. They looked more demonic in the black and white of the Sharingan's power.
Instead of showing me being allowed to become a part of this test, Itachi showed what would of happened if they rejected me. "The dark figure looked me up and down before he finally said, "Get Kisame. He has the blade to destroy this pathetic sapling of a girl." The dark figure turned and left. My arms were still bound behind my back. Deidara left. Another dark figure with a huge blade stepped up. I could just barely make out his face in the dim light. (He was blocking the light which made it dim.) He silently drew the massive blade from behind his back. "Hail, SharkSkin!" He slashed me five painful times. I was still alive. He was torturing me. It hurt, but I showed no emotion. That was one of the rules of the ninja anyway. By the thirteenth strike, I landed in a pool of red, sticky blood. Dead. The vision was over.
When Itachi released me from his spell, my eyes were wide. I shook my head to relieve myself of what I had just seen. "You're strong. Most would have fallen dead or unconcious with what I just did to you. You look as if you lost some, but you still have enough stamina and the strength to take me down. If we fought, both of us would die." Itachi didn't sound the least bit impressed but, despite the Sharingan, his faint expression told me he was surprised.
"Line up everyone! We're going to give you blindfolds to wear. When you get them, put them on." Deidara said. Everyone donned(sp?) their blindfolds. "Now you know that only one of you will become an apprentice to the Akatsuki. Don't you? Well we need to get rid of you somehow, and we're not just going to let you go..." Deidara didn't even finish his sentence when I already started hearing screams. There was nothing I could do. I just hoped no one would kill me.
I stood still, my smile widening everytime the scent of fresh, brand new blood went up my nostrils. I heard many things that day. Things that I'd hoped I hear, yet I also hoped not to. They made me feel so bloodthirsty. It took all of my will power to not join in the fighting. I could sense someone watching me, as if they knew what I was feeling.
A while later, I couldn't hear the screams of the people getting murdered, or the sounds of shuriken or kunai slashing into the bodies. I dared to take off my fold. One could only imagine what lay before me. Except much, much worse, worse than even you, the readers', imaginings. My eyes widened as my pulse rised. My pupils turning small, my irises, black as night. No! This can't be happening, not now! I squirmed and riggled. My fingers digging into my scalp. It was emerging. The spirit inside of me, the Shushudaki Spirit. It's an evil, bloodthirsty hound. And because the spirit is inside of me, I have some dog abilities. Smell, hearing, you know. But it doesn't all ways work. And when it emerges, it will take over my body, but not completly. I will end up destroying everything in my path, only to shed blood. It is truly terrifying. Only one thing will return the spirit back inside it's little cubby hole inside of me. One must knock me unconcious.
"Aaaagggghhh! Knock me unconcious! Hurry!" I started wailing in pain and fear.
"Kisame, it's the Shushudaki Spirit. You know what to do." I barely heard Itachi talking to Kisame. But before I knew it, I was on the ground. Everything was black. My breath was slowing as I was in the darkness of unconciousness. Hours later I awoke. Thank God. I didn't do anything. I was hoping this wouldn't happen, knowing that if the Akatsuki saw it, if they chose me, they'd use me as a weapon. Not that that's entirely bad. Who knows? I shrugged. I looked around the room. Everyone's eyes were on me. Their expressions were of awe and surprise and shock. Except Itachi, who maintained his usual straight face, and Kisame, who was smiling. "Why are you smiling?" I asked him.
"I was having fun. I would've killed you but Itachi wouldn't let me." Kisame smirked again.
I was about to smart off back at him, but instead I looked up confused. "Wh-What did you say?"
"Yeah. Uchiha wouldn't let me kill you. He likes your skills, or something like that." What?! Itachi Uchiha likes me?! He saved me?! I'm in the Akatsuki?! Or so I thought.
I stood up and tried to scrape the blood off of my arms. As I was scratching and scraping, the dark figure from before, the Akatsuki leader I presumed, walked over to me. "So you are the Shushudaki?" he said.
"Yeah. What's it to you?" I was real annoyed and confused. All at the same time.
"We could use the you on our missions, in our massacres, and the wars that we fight in or break out." the leader said.
"Yeah, I know."
"Here, you'll need these." He threw a black cloak with red clouds on it to me. There were also white knee-highs, and brown sandals. "You will have to wear these, and use a kunai to scrape you're headband. It'll prove your one of us. Oh, and Itachi, your mentor, will explain more later." The Akatsuki leader turned and left. I looked at the stuff on the ground. I'm in! I picked it up. "Well, put it on. You're officially of the Akatsuki now." It was Deidara who spoke.
"Uh, okay." I pulled on the stockings, sandals, and lastly the cloak. After that, I took off my headband, took out a kunai, and made the long scrape across the symbol of the mist.
"See now, Akatsuki material, and all you did was don the uniform." Deidara chuckled.
"Not exactly," I said. "I don't have a ring."
"Not to worry, your mentor will take care of that." Deidara chuckled. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Deidara has a crush on me. I shuddered at the thought.
I walked over and stood a few yards away from Itachi. He looked at me. "You know, until you get the ring, you will never be a part of this organization. To get the ring, you will show me your skills. I will judge your skills towards the Akatsuki. I will then give you a ring, if you survive that long." He looked away.
I will prove you wrong, Itachi Uchiha. I will start in a high rank, and grow to the top of the charts. I swear, you will never overpower me. I smiled to myself. Tomorrow, I will train, and prepare myself for an unexpected test of skills from Itachi. I will get my ring.