Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kokoro no Kizu, Wounds of the Heart ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 5
 
* * * Sasuke's POV
 
The darkness is my path. I will journey down into the pits of hell and sacrifice my soul if power can be mine in return. I came as far as I could, stopping at the entrance to hell, a bottomless pit that plunged into the bowels of the earth. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath ready to jump in headfirst. But he stopped me. Uzumaki Naruto.
 
He's a worthless looser who will never be anything more than village idiot everyone hates. He's so naïve believing that through hard work he can beat a natural born genius like me. The very thought itself an insult to the Uchiha name. An Uchiba has no equal. That's why I'll always be better than him and all of Konoha knows it.
 
I'll acknowledge one good thing about him: he understands me because he's suffered.
As Naruto said “the darkness is the loneliness and pain of isolation.” Since the day Big Brother slaughtered my clan I've been used to being alone. I live to kill him. It's the purpose of my life. The rage that burns within is all that keeps me alive. That's why I wanted to sell my soul to whatever evil might grant me power to kill him.
 
When I met Naruto I began to think about other things for the first time in life besides killing Itachi. Being stronger than Naruto suddenly took precedence over avenging my lost clan. For a while I forgot about my anger focusing on how I might beat Naruto as our rivalry distracted me. How I preformed a jutsu or kicked his ass in sparing meant a lot to me.
 
The old drama of having to be better than Big Brother carried over to my relationship with Naruto. Unlike Itachi, Naruto actually cares about me. He's also obsessive demanding my attention every damn minute. If I ignore him he tries harder until I eventually give and blow up. To him negative attention is better than no attention at all. Problem is I'm not the type that makes others feel better. I've only known what anger is. All my life I've tried to be stronger by hating those hurt me and destroyed everything I once held dear. Big Brother's said to me, “If you want to kill me, hate me, curse me and live a life of shame.” So that's what I've done: I've lived only to hate and kill him. Besides hate my emotions are dead inside. That's why I'm so detached. How can I give Naruto the love he seeks?
 
When Naruto said to me, “I look at you, Sasuke-kun, I see my old lonely self, and it kills me. That's why I want to save you,” I knew he really cared. At that moment he pulled me back from plunging into the darkness. I was shocked that he cared. And I actually felt a little emotional. The strange sensation of emotions made tears swim in my eyes. At least it rained so it appeared that I didn't cry.
 
I've calmed down, back to my old indifferent self now that a few minutes uneventfully passed. Heavy torrents of rain hammered down on the umbrella Naruto, Iruka and I huddled under. Our blue rubber sandals sank into the ice-cold water that overflowed in street gutters, chilling us to the bone. I shivered grabbing Iruka's arm.
 
“Almost there, Sasuke,” Iruka encouraged us. “Up here.”
 
We straggled up a flight of concrete stairs and out onto a small veranda sheltered by an overhanging roof. Separate doorways marked each individual apartment complex identified by numbers. Iruka stopped at the residence furthest down reaching into his pants pocket for his eyes. With the yank and turn of a knob he invited us into his place. It was a small studio sparsely furnished with one main room for a futon, a kitchen and bathroom.
 
“This is where single jounins and chuunins live. Not much of a place is it?” commented Iruka hanging Naruto's orange jacket out to dry on a wall rack by the entrance.
 
I flung off my navy blue shirt to hang beside Naruto's jacket. His eyes ran over my bare pale chest. “W-what!?” I snapped.
 
“N-nothing,” Naruto stammered, a bright crimson flush rising in his cheeks.
 
Iruka came out in a set of dry clothes. “Hey Naruto-kun, Sasuke-kun, ready to make ramen with me?”
 
“Yes!” piped Naruto, racing into the kitchen.
 
“I'll just watch, Iruka-sensei,” I replied indifferently, taking a seat at the small dining table close to Naruto and Iruka.
 
“First we start off with the ramen noodles,” instructed Iruka, opening a package from the groceries. “They're dried noodles so we should cook them in boiling for about 4 to 6 minutes. Can you fill that pot with water, Naruto-kun?”
 
“Filling it up, sensei!” Naruto ran the water until he filled the pot.
 
He placed it on the stove's front burner and Iruka turned on the flame. Soon the water boiled the noodles.
 
“They're cooking,” exclaimed Naruto excitedly.
 
“Of course, dobe,” I muttered, leaning over the table. This would be the perfect opportunity to tease him. “It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Then again, someone with your intelligence level needs things explained to them.”
 
“S-shut up! You wanna me fight, Sasuke?” he threatened.
 
“Fight? Don't make me laugh,” I sneered, hiding an evil grin with folded hands over my mouth.
 
“I've had it!” Naruto blew up, bounding over with a fist flying towards my face.
 
I caught it and countered with a kick jumping back into Iruka's room. “Is that the best you can do?” I mocked him.
 
“Sasuke teme!” He charged at me head on.
 
I maneuvered behind seizing both his arms with a single hand over his lower back. I slid my free arm around his neck in a headlock. “You know you'll never beat me,” I whispered into his ear.
 
Blue eyes glared back defiantly with the kyubi's feral rage of burning within. At last I brought out his inner fire. It satisfied me and loosened my grip, nibbling on his earlobe. He moaned softly, his anger submitting to desire. I trailed a series of kisses down along his round jaw line and sucked at the skin by his throat, savoring its sweet taste.
 
“Sasuke, this feeling…” Naruto's body went limp in my grasp with all resistance gone. His expression softened with all traces of resentment gone. “What is it? What does it mean, Sasuke?”
 
I shook my head placing a finger on his lips. “I can't explain it right now. Iruka-sensei is coming.” I released Naruto and turned away.
 
“Hey guys, what happened?” Iruka sensei came in.
 
“Iruka-sensei, we were fighting and you see—”
 
“Oh it's nothing to be concerned about, sensei,” I addressed Iruka politely.
 
“I see, anyway dinner's ready,” said Iruka.
 
That night when I ate dinner with Naruto and Iruka I found something I lost, a family. I was so used to eating alone it felt strange. The last people I ate with were Mother and Father four ears ago the day before Itachi massacred the clan. Naruto and Iruka's company reminded me of those times. I couldn't help but remember the last Mother smiled as she sent me off to school and Father said goodbye. That memory made the rage well inside. I slammed a fist on the table and the Sharingan flashed red in my irises.
 
“He made me cry. I'm gonna kill him,” I uttered under my breath.
 
Naruto and Iruka froze.
 
“Sasuke? You okay?” asked Naruto over his ramen.
 
“Yeah.” I regained my composure. “Thank you for dinner, Iruka-sensei. I think I'll be going now.”
 
“So soon?” insisted Naruto.
 
I nodded quietly excusing myself. I wasn't in the mood to be around them when I wanted to kill someone. I grabbed my shirt off the rack by the entryway dressing myself.
 
Naruto followed me out. “Sasuke-kun.”
 
He used the suffix friends addressed each other with. That meant he probably dropped his grudge. “You want something, dobe?” I remarked.
 
A slight smile crossed Naruto's features. /Well/ he thought. /At least Sasuke doesn't hate me. His voice wasn't cold like it was before/ “Uh, yeah. What do people do before they leave each other?”
 
“You don't know? You're really dumb, usura tonkachi” I said with a sigh. “Come here.”
 
Naruto took a step closer squeezing his eyes shut. He probably expected me to punch him. I raised the angle of his face with a hand under his chin. I bent over dropping a kiss on his lips. He relaxed sinking deeper into our kiss. My tongue darted out tracing his lower lip, taking in its warm textured surface. I took it between my teeth nipping lightly on the flesh. A low moan escaped telling me his newfound ardor stirred. The same sensation awoke in me as a tingle that traveled down my spine. My whole body felt sensitive, focusing my awareness on a single point that demanded my attention.
 
He experienced the same physical reaction. “Uh, Sasuke-kun?”
 
Maybe he didn't know what it was yet I knew. I thought we were too young, but we're at that age when things happen to our bodies. “You'll figure it out, Naruto. Gotta go, goodnight.”
 
I opened the door and hurried off as it stopped raining.
 
TBC…