Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kyofu De Nai Yori (fear no more) ❯ Why not? ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: If I owned Naruto I would not need college loans.
Kyofu De Nai Yori ( fear no more)
By: Vixen_Uchiha
Beta: Lakergurl262


I looked around the clearing I had just walked into and saw a clear open pond within my view. Momentarily, I walked over to it and saw some fish swimming, and the audible sound of a splash as a frog or toad could be heard as it jumped into the water. I pulled off my pack and set it down. With a small sigh, I sat down and pulled off my shoes to relax as I gazed across the pond. I was about to place my feet in to the water when a noise from some of the underground made myself jump up. I looked around hoping that it was not anyone from my village. I moaned when a small fox of blazing orange emerged from out of a bush. It looked at me with fright like I held at some times.
"Please stay with me little one?" I asked the animal and much to my joy it stayed. Sitting down with my feet in the water, I pulled out some ramen. The fox growled as I stuffed it back into my bag when I realized that I had no pot to boil it in or even a fire. Later, I pulled out the bread and broke it in half. For the rest, I put it in my and gave some to the fox and started to eat mine. I had just finished mine when it started to rain. Small drops of liquid sprinkled down from the pale cold sky. Quickly, I grabbed my sack and the poor little animal and ran to some trees. When we finally reached for shelter, it did not stop the rain. Immediately, I dumped all the contents of my bag out and took my jacket off and wrapped the fox in it. It snarled at me as I shoved it into my bag.
"You won't get wet in there," I growled back. I started to shiver as I got more drenched from the rain…and soon I fell asleep.
"I know you are awake" someone said. When I heard the voice I sat up and looked around. I was in a small cabin. My bag was hung over a chair near a table with all my things. The outfit I had on was hung near a fire place to dry it off. I glanced at myself and I had a t-shirt on. A yelping at the foot of the bed drew my attention. It was the little fox.
I smiled at the little fox. "You had me worried there little guy," I beamed.
A man with most of his face covered walked into the room I was in. He was carrying a tray with something on it. I flinched when he reached over and placed his hand on my forehead.
"Good you don't have that fever anymore," he said, "so little one, what is your name?" he asked. I closed my eyes not wanting to see the blow coming "Na-Naruto," I stuttered out weakly. I peeked one eye open when I felt no blow.
"You’re not going to hit me?" I asked with both open eyes to look at him. He blinked before standing up and moving closer to me. I just backed up into a wall.
"Now why would I do a thing like that Naruto? My name is Kakashi." He introduced himself, "I pulled the fox into my lap that had jumped in between us and was growling at him,"everyone else does after I tell them my name." I said