Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lessons in Shinobi Love ❯ Lesson 17: To Love ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here is another chapter. It's been a bit hard getting material for these later chapters, but I've managed to accumulate some. I don't know how long this is going to be, but I had originally planned it to be no longer then 27 chapters. I'm getting up there and things are beginning to wind down a little, but I still have a few scenes to write. After I'm done, I'll probably revise this fanfic and correct my spelling mistakes.
 
Blackrose113: Sakura doesn't know Obito's name, you must have misinterpreted something. The thoughts about Obito were Kakashi's.
 
Well, here's chapter 17, enjoy!
 
 
 
:::
 
 
Lessons in Shinobi Love
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
Lesson 17: To Love
 
 
:::
 
 
Slowly, Kakashi's inner feelings from long ago began to resurface. His loneliness and sorrows of the past. The thought that he deserved to be happy and that he had repented enough for his sins. Perhaps it was Obito's soul, telling him to suck it up and stop whining about something that was beyond his control.
 
The jounin had mulled it over in his mind for a few moments.
 
He wanted to show her love, but his inhibitions stopped him from doing such. The jounin wished that he could go back to that day, when he was feeling lonely during survival training and kissed Sakura. Sure, he knew it was wrong to think that way, considering she was only twelve. And he did feel wrong about it. And he had beaten himself up about that event too, making it harder to look at her in the same light.
 
At this time, he was sad and wanted someone to comfort him. Kakashi had been alone for a long time, and he wanted to always remain alone. That was his code of the shinobi. To not drag others in his affairs, that way there wouldn't be as large of a death factor.
 
Kakashi didn't know how to take some of the things Sakura had told him. What did she mean by she would be there for him as he was there for her…His thoughts brought him back to the kiss, then he berated himself for being so perverted about it at a time like this.
 
A disgruntled look crossed his face as Sakura looked up at him and with held a giggle.
 
“What's that look for, Kakashi-sensei?” She asked with her hand over her mouth, innocent and somewhat playful eyes looking up to him.
 
He couldn't resist, a small blush came seeping through his skin, turning his cheeks a slight pink. In the back of his mind, he thought that she looked cute in that particular pose. He averted his eye. “Nothing, Sakura.”
 
“But you look guilty about something.” Green eyes bore into his own.
 
Those eyes.
 
The ones that saw into your soul.
 
“I was just thinking about what I said to you during survival training.” Kakashi attempted to cover it up.
 
The pink haired girl cocked her head in question. “You mean the thing about forgetting about Sasuke?”
 
“Yes.”
 
Her features turned skeptical. “Or were you thinking about the kiss?”
 
The jounin looked as if he had been caught for a few fleeting seconds, before covering it up with his lazy façade.
 
The girl inched her way closer to her teacher's face, until he could feel her warm breath against his masked face. “Because if you were…I'd like to return the favor.”
 
The silver haired man tried to resist the urge to lean back from her, not quite trusting himself at the moment, but he was paralyzed by his emotions again. He wondered if he slapped himself if she'd still be there. Reading Icha Icha Paradise and falling asleep was something that caused dreams of this nature. Had he just admitted to himself that he had dreams about Sakura?
 
It seems that he had.
 
Try as he might, he couldn't seem to get his mind out of the gutter. He could feel a flutter in his chest as his heart raced. Kakashi looked calm on the outside, but inside he was a train wreck of emotions.
“Kakashi-sensei? Did I say something wrong?” The girl looked concerned.
 
“No, I'm fine.” His voice had come out a bit shaky and even a little nervous. He damned himself for that mistake.
 
“I have found out that there are more important things then Sasuke…” She said softly as her face drew closer still. “And that thing is you.”
 
A lone eye widened as he could feel soft lips give him a warm-hearted kiss through his black shroud. He remained frozen and rigid as the pink haired girl's lips touched his in a tender kiss, filled with understanding and an odd sense of maturity to come from someone who was only fifteen.
 
After a few moments, he could feel an arm snake around his neck, caressing it gently as her small, feminine hand lay against the side of his neck. Her other hand managed to find its way to his face, resting gently on the side of it, a finger dipped itself under the corner of his mask, as if to pull it down, but the action never came as it rested gently against his skin. Her small body sunk into his.
 
His eye softened after this action was made as he could feel emotions well up inside of him like nothing he's experienced before. It was odd that these feelings arose and at this moment of all times. Perhaps these are the feelings he had been harboring for her for a long time.
 
Fighting the urge, his eye blinked a few times before fluttering shut. The rigid sensation in his body was wearing off as he drew out an exhalation. Finally, after he was two minutes into the kiss, one of his arms wrapped around her mid section snugly and he began to kiss her back a little shyly at first, making sure that she wouldn't draw back after the kiss was made.
 
Sakura didn't draw back at all. She continued kissing him.
 
The two shinobi continued the kiss for two more minutes, and then Sakura broke the kiss, drawing back from Kakashi only a small distance. She stared into his lone eye, which shone with a majestic and emotional brilliance. She noticed that his eye was so intense. It had always been that way, even when she was younger. The girl always found it hard to stare into an eye like that; it was as if she'd be drawn into an emotional labyrinth. But now she found that his eye was luminescent and shone with the vibrancy of a precious stone, the emotions were still intense- the sorrow, the hardship, the tainting of his soul and the fact that he always tried so hard but seemed to fail. Sakura was transfixed with it for a few moments, before her gaze went to the hand that held the side of his face gently.
 
She had wanted to ask him this question many times, but held too much respect for him. But a part of her wanted to see his true face. See the real Kakashi-sensei. A part of her wanted to kiss his lips, imagining how they would taste against her own.
 
“Kakashi-sensei.” She asked a shy tone to her voice. “May I-?” The girl gestured to her hand.
 
After hesitating for a few moments, not knowing what to think, Kakashi finally agreed.
 
She slowly pulled down the mask, revealing inch by inch the skin that was remained in mystery for years. Green orbs could see the vertical scar, sneaking from the hitai-ate where the Sharingan had been beneath it. Pausing, she looked at his head protector, the metal plate shining brilliantly in the sunlight, then back to his face, which was a little less then half way uncovered, before she asked him another question.
 
“Can I flip up your head protector? I want to see the Sharingan. I know that might be overstepping my boundaries, but I want to see both of your eyes.” She said.
 
“Go ahead.”
 
Slowly, the small hand lifted up the navy blue cloth to reveal a closed eye, when uncovered, the Sharingan activated, his eye popping open. When the sun hit the Sharingan, it glowed with a fiery vibrancy. The red swirling around in a haunting, yet trance-like way. She could also see the three black spots within the eye and smiled to herself.
 
“There.” Sakura said, and then turned her concentration to inching down the mask.
 
When she finally uncovered his face, she could see the beauty before her. After pondering to herself for a few moments, she had thought that he was even better looking then Sasuke. The black fabric hung around the end of his chin. She wouldn't dare pull it the full way down-not yet.
 
She looked at his lips, and silently anticipated kissing him again. Sakura had never felt a sensation like this, not even around Sasuke. The kunoichi never thought that her teacher could bring about such feelings. A small part of her screamed that it was wrong, but she didn't care. Sakura told her inner self to shut up for once.
 
“Kakshi-sensei…” The girl said in awe.
 
But in awe of what? This Kakashi didn't know, and feeling a little uncomfortable with his face being exposed, he put a hand slowly over the bridge of his nose, acting as a mask to cover his features.
 
“Now, why did you do that?” Sakura asked. “You shouldn't cover your face. You're so hot.”
 
“Hn?” Kakashi looked befuddled for a few moments before the kunoichi reached up, taking his hand tenderly and guiding it away from his face.
 
“I don't look that good.” Kakashi replied.
 
“But I think you do, and this will prove it.” The pink haired girl said, leaning in forward and giving him a small kiss. She pulled away for a few moments, only to lower her head backing for another kiss.
 
Kakashi returned the kisses, closing his eyes and pulling her in protectively.
 
After the kisses were broken, the two stared at each other in silence before Sakura spoke.
 
“Kakashi.” The girl said, purposely leaving off the honorific.
 
“Yes?”
 
“I really do love you.” She replied as his eyes shone in realization.
 
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: