Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ LOST ELF ❯ LOST ELF ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto.

Lost elf

The rabbit’s heart was thumping in it’s chest as it ran through the brush. It was fleeing from it’s elfin pursuer who matched it at every turn it made. It shot through a dark forbidding hole with the elf close behind. A flash of red light blinded hunter and prey before everything went black.

Brown slanted eyes looked hazelly out at the forest as unrecognized scents came to a sensitive nose. A chestnut skinned elf warily stood up as he shock his head to clear the white spots dancing behind his eyes. His pointed ears caught voices at a short distance. Thinking it was some of his tribes mates, he force his weakened legs towards the sound. His nose was assaulted by the scent of humans as he stepped through the brush. He quickly crouched in a defensive mode when his eyes caught the source of the scent. Two human boys faced him as they stood in the same defensive manner with weapons in their hands. They had heard his movements before they saw him. He backed up, growling as they took a step towards him. His eyesight blurred as he felt his body fall to the ground but did not feel the impact as he felt warm arms wrap around him. He vaguely saw a tanned face with whiskered markings, blond hair and worried blue eyes looking down at him. The scent of human and fox enveloped his senses before unconscientiousness claimed him.

Naruto rushed into the hokage office, making Tsunade jump with fright. She didn’t get a word in when Naruto shouted in short sentences. “Teme and I resting after training, strange looking pointed eared, four fingered kid, growling like a mad animal fainted, Uchiha mansion now!” he took Tsunade’s hand and dragged her to the Uchiha’s estate.

Sasuke arrived at his mansion, went to his room and laid the small boy on his bed. He went to the bathroom and filled a bowl with cool water. Grabbing a towel, he went to the bed and set the bowl on the night stand by his bed, putting the towel in the water. Sasuke looked at the figure on his bed. The boy looked no taller than three feet in height. His chestnut colored skin glistened with sweat. His brown, red tinted, Jerry curled, shoulder length pony tailed hair was mated with sticks and briers. His bangs were wet with sweat and hung over the leather band, tied around his forehead. Sasuke’s eyes studied the points on his ears and the four fingers on his small hands. He and Naruto had noticed them before he rushed the boy here. He wonders if he’s like Naruto with more of the demon showing through. He reached into the bowl on the night stand and squeezed the towel to get rid of excess water. He turned to wipe the sweat from the boys face when he met slanted brown eyes that were filled with fear. Black eyes locked on brown as they stared at each other. Sasuke opened his mouth to calm the boy but the boy shot from the bed with incredible speed towards the door. Sasuke moved to keep him from reaching the door but he was too late as the boy shot through it and down the hall, disappearing in one of the rooms. Sasuke slowly went down the hall as he listened for signs of the boy when he heard footsteps coming from the stairs. He turned and saw Naruto and Tsunade. “How’s the kid?” Naruto asked. “He’s fine as I could see. He’s somewhere in one of these rooms. Tsunade-sama, can you put chakra locks on every exits, he’s running scared.” Sasuke said. “What have you done to him teme!” Naruto shouted as his eyes narrowed to slits. “I haven’t done a thing to him dobe! He was on the bed and I was about to wiped the sweat from his head when he shot up and took off like a scared rabbit!” Sasuke shouted back. The boys were bickering back and forth when Tsunade stopped them. “We better find him so I can check him over.”

A small elfin body huddled in a corner of a dark room. Slanted brown eyes looked at the door that he came in. He heard voices and suppressed the growl that threatened to rise in his throat. He froze when the dark haired human open the door and shivered when red eyes locked on him. He saw the human motioned with his hand and his growl came full force when two more humans entered the room. They charged, he leaped and was narrowly grabbed by a full buxom woman. He entered the hall and stopped for a second as his mind hurriedly thought to enter another room but changed his mind when the boy with the whiskered marks charged at him. He led them a merry chase around the Uchiha mansion as he searched for a means of escape. They were in the livingroom when he found that no escape was at hand. He backed up in a corner, growling like a caged animal as he glared at the three before him.

Naruto looked at the small boy. He was hunched in the corner with his teeth bared and his eyes were slanted with anger and fright. (Kit, he smells like kin.) Kyuubi said in his mind. “What? Is it demon?” Naruto thought as he talked with the Kyuubi. (No. Different animal scents, mostly wolf but his animal blood is mixed with something else. Try talking to him.) Kyuubi said. “I’ll try.” Naruto thught in his mind then turned to Tsunade and Sasuke. “Kyuubi says I should try to talk to him.” “Be careful brat. It looks like he’s about to pounce.” Tsunade said. Naruto faced the boy. “Um, easy now. No ones here to hurt you. We just want to help.” Naruto said with as much calm in his voice. “What’s your name?” “Otter” The boy growled.
“Where are you from?” Naruto asked. “Why should I tell you human.” Otter growled, not giving out the location of his home to humans as he was taught. “How did you get here?” Naruto asked. “Don’t know human.” Otter growled through clenched teeth. Trying to ease the tension, Naruto grinned his foxy smile. “My names Naruto, the dark hair is Sasuke and the woman is Tsunade.” He took a step closer to the boy but a growl caused Naruto to stop. (Let him smell you kit. And don’t show your teeth) Kyuubi said. “Why?” Naruto mentally asked Kyuubi. (Some of my scent is mixed with yours kit. It’ll calm him more and showing your teeth means threat. Go on kit, do it.) Kyuubi urged. Naruto slowly walked to the boy as he held out his hand.

Otter watched the blond haired boy as he slowly stepped closer. He could smell the fox scent coming from him. The scent reminded him of Foxpaw, his cousin. It calmed him but he kept a wary eye on the other two. He turned his attention back to the blond. “You smell of fox.” “That’s because I have Kyuubi in me.” Naruto said. “What’s a Kyuubi?” Otter asked, feeling more relaxed around the boy. “Kyuubi is a kitzune, a fox demon who was sealed in me when I was born.” Naruto said as he lifted his shirt to show the seal on his stomach. Otter’s lips curled when he heard the word demon but relaxed when Naruto said that it was a good demon. “You were bonded to Kyuubi at birth?” Otter asked Naruto. “In a way.” Naruto nodded then asked. “Do you have a demon in you? Kyuubi says he smelt wolf blood in you” Being curious Sasuke asked. “Is that why your ears and eyes were pointed and the reason why your hands have only four fingers?” Otter said no and told him that he is an elf and some humans call his kind demons. He then told him how he bonded with his wolf friend. “Naruto, bring him here so I can look him over.” Tsunade said. Naruto held out his hand to Otter and led him to Tsunade. Tsunade used her chakra to check him over. He giggled as he felt her chakra coarse trough him. It reminded him of Flintlock when he heals the cuts he gets while playing with sharp objects. Tears weld in his eyes as he thought of his home. Sasuke saw the tears fall from Otter’s eyes and his heart felt a tug that he haven’t felt in a long time. Naruto’s and Tsunade’s eyes went wide as they saw Sasuke do something that was very uncharacteristic for him to do. He picked Otter up in his arms and hugged him close. Otter wailed his heart out as Sasuke gave his companions a glare that said tell-this-to-anyone-and-I-will-kill-you.