Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lost memoirs of a forgotten Shinobi; Haku ❯ End ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 4
Last Time:
I stood still for a few moments then began walking down the path not looking back.
Rainani never chased after me. But I wish she had.
 
What happened:
..::**Regular POV**::..
That evening Haku put away all the groceries and didn't say a single word to Zabuza except fixing his bandages. The next day he met up with Naruto. You know what the talked about. Then well you know what happened.
 
Present Day; A year after the fight:
A girl with short chestnut hair and hazel eyes walks on the bridge holding a young baby boy in one arm and a bag in the other. “Well kiddo this is where we are going to live now.” She said speaking softly to the baby. “ First things first though. I have something to return.” She clutched the bags handle harder and began walking again.
The baby began getting fussy as a fog rolled in slowly. She began singing softly.
“Oh no don't go changing. That's what you told me from the start.
Thought you were something different. That's when it all just fell apart.
Like you're so perfect and I can't measure up.
Well I'm not perfect. Just all messed up.
I was losing myself to somebody else. But now I see.
I don't want to pretend so this is the end. Of you and me.
Cuz the girl that you want. She was tearing us apart.
Cuz she's everything, everything I'm not.”
She took a breath and looked at the baby. Fast asleep. She hugged him close and continued singing on the way.
“It's not like I need somebody. Telling me where I should go at night.
Don't worry you'll find somebody. Someone to tell how to live their life.
Cuz you're so perfect. And noone measures up.
Yea all by yourself. And all messed.
I was losing myself to somebody else. But now I see.
I don't want to pretend so this is the end of you and me.
Cuz the girl that you want. She was tearing us apart.
Cuz she's everything, everything I'm not.
Now wait a minute, Because of you, I never knew all of things that I had.
Hey, don't you get it? I'm not going anywhere with you tonight.
Cuz this is my life.
I was losing myself to somebody else. But now I see.
I don't want to pretend so this is the end of you and me.
Cuz the girl that you want. She was tearing us apart.
Cuz she's everything, everything I'm not.
Now I see. I don't want to pretend.
So this is the end. Of you and me.
Cuz the girl that you want. She was tearing us apart.
Cuz she's everything, everything I'm not.”
***
She walked to a simple cross grave marker. She placed the bag on the ground and sat cross legged holding the baby. The baby had woken up and was gurgling and cooing happily. The mother just smiled happily at the baby.
“Well Haku. I should have gone after you but, I was sure you would come back for me. Anyway, You could see that you would have been a father. He's a happy and healthy baby. Technically the last of your clan since your gone now. I'll try my best to raise him well and be a good mother. Perhaps your clan will continue.” She sniffled and hugged the baby. “I received your gift to me. They were beautiful. Unfortunately they died pretty fast.” She giggled.
“I still have the card. Thank you. I heard that the people you were fighting were good people. I'm going to try to find them and uhm…I dunno talk to them about how you died. I think they tried to stop you or something because they had the decency to bury you at least. I wish I could thank them for that.” Sighing, she saw the baby look up at her and smiled cutely, pink gums showing slightly. She got up and dropped a white rose near the grave and tied a card that had a silver string on the simple cross. “Well Haku, I have to go now. But I promise to visit soon. I live here now so I could visit you though it will take a bit of time. So…goodbye Haku-kun.”
She kissed the cross and the baby. The baby however moved and squirmed until Rainani got close so the baby imitated his mother and kissed the cross. It squealed in delight and she picked up her bag walking away.
The wind picked up and the card moved as if being held.
`They say misery loves its company. That's how I was before you. It seems however that like Romeo and Juliet, a story I heard from someone once, We have found love in a short time. I will never stray far from you and always stay by your side. I was losing myself to Zabuza but he would have teared us apart. Im not perfect but I don't ever want to pretend to like being someone I'm not. I promise to love you as long as I live and beyond. When I return I'd like to try to be a husband to you. I'll always love and watch over you.
Wait for me. ~Haku'
 
The end.