Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Blossom ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Akimis POV)
 
 I looked at the questions, and saw that they would be impossible for most Genin to answer.
 
*So its true...we are supposed to cheat. So if this is the case, then there must be someone to cheat on.* I lighlty tapped my foot, sending out little waves and I found a chunin, 2 rows in front of me. I used my eathbending to get the answer to the first question from the guy, and wrote the answer. Then I tapped my foot to give the answer to Lee.
 
~This is Akimi speaking through earthbending~ ^This is lee^
 
~Lee, adjust your headband if you hear me clearly~ I told him through the movements of my feet. He tied his headband to his forehead
^what is the answer to question one?^
 
~8~ I kept this up and soon we had finished the 9 written questions. We still had 20 minutes till the last exam, so I watched how everyone else was doing. A lot of people were getting caught for cheating; most people still haven't figured it out yet. And some did. I saw that Sasuke kid using his Sharingan to copy a person a couple rows ahead of him, then Neji and Hinata were using their Byakugans to read someone's paper, Shino was using his bugs, that Ino girl was using her mind transfer jutsu on Sakura, the dog boy was getting the answers from his dog, who was laying on the boy's head. That Gaara kid was using some sort of eye made of sand. and the list goes on and on. Finally, after several people were kicked out for cheating, the last question has arrived.
 
"Before I give the 10th question, there are some more rules that you need to be aware of." Ibiki began.
MORE RULES?!?!" Sakura yelled out, apparently, I am not the only one questioning this.
 
"These rules apply only to the 10th question. First of all, each of  you have a choice of answering it or not." He told us.
 
"Each of us? I thought this exam was a team effort!" Sakura asked.
 
"It is, but if you do not feel up to this question, then by all means, raise your hand."
 
"Ok, so what happens if one of us raises our hands, what happens then?" The Sand village girl asked, in a cocky voice.
 
"You're number will be recorded, and you will fail, as with your teammates." Ibiki told us. We gasped.
 
"That's bull! There are several people in hear who has taken it before!" The leaf rookie with the dog yelled.
 
"You guys are just unlucky I guess. I wasn't making the rules before. But like I was saying, if you raise your hand, you will be free to go and you can come next year to retake the exam. But if you decide to stay, and get the question wrong, you will be BANNED FROM TAKING THESE EXAMS AGAIN!!" He told us. Several people lost their nerves and raised their hands, apologizing to their team and left. Naruto slowly raised his hand, which surprised me, the way he was talking earlier about beating every one of us. Then he slammed his hand into the desk and made a speech about never giving up or going against his word, that is his nindo, his ninja way. Ibiki seemed impressed and he spoke again.
 
"I guess there is nothing more I can say other than...THAT YOU ALL PASSED THE FIRST EXAM!"
"WHAT?!?! WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED? WHERE IS THE 10TH QUESTION?" Sakura yelled as everyone else looked up at the proctor, confused.
 
"There was no 10th question, at least not a written one. Your decision to stay was the answer." He told us, going on to say that in Chunin rank missions, there are many times when you have to make difficult decisions that could end up killing you or your comrades. And example mission is to steal a scroll from an enemy base. The unknown pieces of this sort of mission will include things like, not knowing how heavily guarded the area you need to get into is, and knowing that they might be expecting you. You don't know how it's going to turn out, so there is the choice of staying, or quitting, but either one can get you killed.
 
"So the other questions were just a waste of time?" The Sand girl asked again.
 
"Absolutely not! They had an important overriding purpose. To see how well you can gather information in the most adverse circumstances. Here you were told not to cheat, and that if you were caught, you will fail. I was expecting you all to cheat, but those who were caught did not deserve to be here, and were quickly weeded out. A ninja must be able to gather precise information without getting caught. Not being able to do so, could jeopardize, not only the mission but the lives of everyone involved.
 
I smiled, part 1 is complete. According to my mother, we had two parts left. These were the parts I had no idea about. My parents didn't tell me what the 2nd and 3rd Exam were going to be. Then two kunai knives flew in from the window, and a woman named Anko came in, saying that she was the 2nd Exam Proctor. She looked at us, and turned to Ibiki.
 
"Have you lost your touch, Ibiki. There are more left, than I would of thought." She told him.
 
"This years crop seems to be more promising." He replied. She laughed loudly.
 
"No matter, By the time I'm finished, there will be less than half!" She told him, before turning back to us. "Alright. You maggots have had it easy, but starting tomorrow morning you are going to be on my turf! I have told your sensei's where to meet me. BE THERE BY 8AM Sharp!" And she disappeared. I turned to see Lee grinning, and I couldn't help must smile, and Neji was even smirking. We made it. But then, I saw Lee's grin widen as he stared at Sakura, and my smile instantly disappeared. The three of us, got up and left the room to be greeted by Gai-sensei. He beamed at us, asking how we did.
 
"We passed." I told him, not looking at him, or stopping. I sounded less then excited, and They all noticed.