Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Noodles ❯ Potato Chip Kiss ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Love and Noodles: Potato Chip Kiss
Chouji was exhausted. He had run from the ramen bar all the way to his house. Asuma-sensei would be proud, seeing as he was always telling Chouji to move his lazy butt. Chouji sat on the front steps to his house and sighed. At least he got away from that crazy Botan girl. Chouji reached for his chips…only to realize he left his backpack at the ramen bar.
“Oh great, now I have to walk all the way back and get it.” He whined, getting up. He didn't take a step before he was aware of someone behind him.
“Looking for this, Chouji-kun?” A familiar voice asked behind him. Reluctantly, Chouji turned around. Sure enough, Botan was standing there, holding up his backpack.
“Can I have that back now?” Chouji asked, reaching a hand out. Botan stepped back.
“Give me a hug first.” She said, wagging the backpack. “…Or no chips for you!”
Chouji sighed and told himself. “Just do it for the chips. Just. For. The. CHIPS.”
He walked up to Botan and gave her a platonic squeeze. Botan gave him the backpack…and hugged him back. She squeezed so hard Chouji was too surprised to push her off. That wasn't the end of it however. Botan leaned over and gave him a big, fat kiss on the lips.
Chouji dropped the backpack, eyes wide open. Botan pulled away, and ran off, cackling with delirious happiness. Chouji was still standing there, jaw dropped, eyes bugged. Then he heard the giggling. He turned around, and saw Ino and Shikamaru. Ino was almost doubled over in laughter, while Shikamaru was just shocked. Chouji turned red and picked up his backpack.
“You didn't see anything!” He shouted as he ran into his house. This only made Ino laugh harder. Shikamaru stared into space awhile before his face went into his signature pout.
“So now Chouji has a troublesome girl obsessed over him? Great. I'm going to go home and wash out my eyes.” He said, stalking away. Ino finally finished laughing and ran off to tell someone about what she saw.
Chouji in the meantime was sulking in his room. He crammed a handful of chips into his mouth. He was both annoyed and embarrassed. Annoyed with this girl's behavior, and embarrassed she kissed him in front of his teammates.
“I'm never going to live this down.” He grumbled, fishing in his bag for more potato chips. “Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll get run over by a truck or something.”
Chouji dumped the contents of his backpack onto his bed, and saw a small white envelope fall out. It was covered in silver glitter and was sealed with a big red kiss print. (Most definitely the work of Botan) He opened it, and a small shower of confetti fell out. He fished out the note and unfolded it. It was written on blue paper with purple ink, it read:
Dear Chouji-kun
You are invited to my house for dinner tomorrow night at six. I'm cooking, please come! Or I'll be very sad and cry and cry and cry until my eyes get red and icky.
Love, Botan XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
P.S. What did the Botan volcano say to the Chouji volcano?
I LAVA YOU!
Chouji groaned and put the note down. How was he going to shake her off? Although he'd heard the Nishimura family is known for good cooking…
Chouji tossed the note into a drawer.
“Oh well. I guess one dinner wouldn't hurt.”
Coming Up: Will Botan succeed in winning Chouji? Will Chouji be able to stand Botan's zany family? Will we EVER find out why you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway? (I doubt it)
Stay tuned to find out!