Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Love or Lust? ❯ Nightmare ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don’t own Naruto, but if I did; Naruto would be fathering Hinata’s children by now…


- - - - - - - - - -


A/N to Reviews

Ray-chan: lol, I still can’t thank you enough for motivating me and supporting my fanfic! *glomps*

Oh-Mah-gah--Neji PAWNS ALL! I LOVE HIM! Lol, Warning: Rabid Fangirl. ^_^


Babylov91: I’m so sorry for making you guys wait! I’ve had this little chapter for a real long time but I wanted to add something to it, but I didn’t know what. So I finally made up my mind and left it as is.

I’m not really into the Hyuuga-cest but I do Hinata and especially Neji. In the NejiSaku fic I’m working on, you will see some Hinata and Neji cousin interaction, they’ll be getting friendly with each other but not as a pairing, Gomen.

Oh, wow! That’s a great idea, I’ll try putting in a little ItaSaku as well, to rival the SasuSaku. Thank you, that’s a wonderful idea. ^_^


IchiNaru: Thank you for supporting! I just finished reading the newest chapter of the manga which really helps. When I started ‘Sasuke’s New Found Love for Sakura’ I have only seen episodes up to 50. But now, I’ve seen up to 200 and the manga; It’ll be a lot easier to write the fics now with background information. Hopefully, my following chapters will be at least true to some facts. Thank you again!


AnimeCatGirl080291: Thank you very much! Truthfully, I really am having trouble focusing on this sequel. I have so many ideas for this fic but also for a future NejiSaku and KakaSaku story, and so it can get distracting with so much on my mind. I can’t thank you enough for supporting and being unbelievably patient with me, how do you that?

I am looking for someone who can proofread my chapters for me since I can’t really edit my materials alone and some mistakes are oblivious to me! So if anyone is willing to proofread my future chapters, I’d appreciate it very much! Just email me at: lorelei35@hotmail.com or PM me.

Thank you for reading!


I’m working on a NejiSaku right now and hopefully, you guys will like that as well.

Some NaruSaku in this one.



- - - - - - - - - - -


‘Ah, sunlight!’ After being in the hospital for what seemed like weeks and weeks, not exactly exaggerating considering that her “mentor” was acting like some over protective parent, Sakura took her first few steps beyond the hospital lounge and it’s bland door.

‘I’m tired of artificial light,’ just about to flex her muscled arms in relaxation when, acting to that of a radar, she saw familiarly vibrant colors dart her way and prepared herself for mass hugging.

“SAAKURAA-CHAAN~!” Looking towards the shout was never necessary when it came to Naruto’s greetings.

Automatically, Sakura outstretched her, slightly, numb arms in acceptance to her excited friend’s embrace.

“I missed you too, Naruto,” even though the boy never said a thing about her loss.

“You wanna go out for ramen?” Naruto grabbed her bag and they walked leisurely towards the ramen café they always went to, other than the Ichiraku.

“So, how’ve you been now that we’re back?” She asked, referring to their come-back from the last ‘mission ‘.

If the public around them didn’t know any better, they’d say they were a merry couple; with Naruto’s hand dangling over her shoulder; Sakura’s limb wrapped tightly around the man’s middle, heck, they’d say they were newly weds!

“Well, uh, I took Hinata out for ramen some days ago,” mimicking the Hyuuga’s usual blush now on his cheeks.

“Aah, a date, ne?” Sakura gave a pleasingly amused smirk but tightened her grip on him for encouragement.

“Heh, ano…she’s gotten really pretty lately, yah know,” miserably hiding his affection.

“Alright!” Sakura exclaimed cheerily and stopped walking, “I’ve been waiting ‘til you two get together.” She clasped his sturdy hands, squeezing them approvingly, then gave him another delighted hug.

After a moment of entwinement and the exchange of enthusiastic words, “I have to meet up with Neji for a taijutsu review.”

“Neji, eh? You sure ‘bout that?”

“Hai, just because I’ve been in the hospital for almost a month, doesn’t mean I’ve gotten weak.”

“Hah, course not! See yah tomorrow?”

“Mhm,” then she leaned in and gave him a parting kiss next to his cerulean blue eyes., “Ja, ne!” ‘See yah!’

She was already a few meters away when Naruto yelled out, “Next time I want a real one!”

“Tch, save it for Hinata, dope!” Sakura chuckled, shaking her head from side to side as she saw another splash of red paint the blonde’s face.

With a wave, she disappeared to the clearing Neji had arranged for them.



- - - - - - - - - - - -


“Neji!” She greeted after planting her feet on the young grass.

“Took you long enough,” he replied while unfastening his pouch and holster, “Ready?”

“Am I ever?” her anticipating stance betraying her words.

With a curt nod from the Hyuuga, they began countering and attacking their opposite’s moves. Neji managed to shut down four of her tenketsus but Sakura made a quick recovery, kicking him off balance.

“Make your gestures more agile, Sakura, otherwise I can read you like a scroll,” a mused smirk playing softly on his lips.

“Lecturing me, eh?” Sakura breathed in a gulp of air, “How about--this?!” She stepped to the side, flailed her arms vigorously in the air as she darted at him with countless needles; imitating Gaara’s ‘Raining Needles.’ Her trip to Suna wasn’t just for fun.

The man countered with his ‘Rotation’ technique but one of the needles slipped inside his tornado and dashed straight to his thigh. Once he stopped, a little trickle of blood made its journey down his muscular leg. In Sakura’s frantic attempt to heal his wound, she didn’t bother giving a startled gasp.

Just taijutsu?” he teased.

“Don’t mock me like that if you don’t want to end up getting hurt.” she raised a pink brow, pressing a palm against his thigh.



- - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Eh, isn’t that Sakura and Neji over there?” Shikamaru turned his head slowly towards their peers.

“Hmm?” Naruto looked at the clearing, “Oh yeah! Sakura-chan mentioned something about a taijutsu session with Neji today.”

“Hn.” Their other dark haired friend looked to where the clearing was.

“W-What the--?!” Naruto’s loud mouth gave the other two obvious knowledge of their presence.

“Naruto, Shikamaru, Sasuke!” Sakura named, “Amosa!”

“Sakura, what…are you doing with Neji?” Shikamaru’s jaw hung open, letting his half worn cigarette fall on the dirt.

“Nani?” Both of them tilted their heads slightly in confusion, then turned to look at each other.

White, green, blue, black, and brown eyes traced Sakura’s arm to her hand which was still very much rested on Neji’s thigh. A light pink dawned on all of them but, being a professional practitioner, Sakura blissfully removed her hand, revealing a healed scar.

“Oh, Neji-kun was struck with one of my needles during training,” she followed with an apologetic look.

“It’s alright,” another nod from Hyuuga.

“Ah! I see, haha,” Naruto ruffled his blonde hair in embarrassment.

“That was my last one; what a drag,” Nara grimly stepped on his cigarette until the last of it’s sparks died out.

Sasuke didn’t utter anything other than his usual, “Hn.” Instead he kept his gaze on Neji, not even needing his sharingan to see his hidden smirk, then strayed back to Sakura.

Every time he set his eyes on her, there would be this pleasingly odd feeling that drums throughout his body. Now that he thought about it, he hadn’t really interacted with her for more than 3 years. The kiss they had shared long ago was merely a result from tiresome missions and a case of hormonal commotion.

Surely there was no real emotion behind this attraction.

Lust.

Yes, that’s the word; a good enough a reason for him.

Besides, he still had to avenge the Uchiha clan and become the ultimate superior of the ninja scale, except for Hokage which was much too troublesome. He wouldn’t bother getting in Naruto’s way.

His feelings for the Haruno woman was nothing more than dire lust. This sensation was nothing more than want.

She was, admittedly, likable and darling to the eye. Only a fool could actually resist such beauty. Add in her kindness, and capabilities as ninja, also medic, it would be an irresistible reaction.

And then he realized, Sakura had adorned him with attention. Seemingly unhindered, he averted his eyes to Naruto, who was arguing with Neji for permission in taking Hinata out again for ramen.

Sakura still held a steady gaze in Sasuke’s direction, trying to discern the reason of what exactly had caught her attention, other than he had been staring at her for a remarkably longer time than what he would usually waste on someone.

‘Ah, a cut,’ marking his pale neck was what looked to be a shuriken gash, judging by it’s jagged pattern.

“Sasuke, you’re neck,” she voiced out.

“Hn?” somewhat unnerved by her sudden interest in an impartial injury.

Without giving a mind about his discomfort, the specialist stood from her sitting position and, similar to Neji’s treatment, laid her slender digits over his throat. She traced her slender thumb along the cut, leaving a faint green glow lingering on the disappearing scar. Within seconds, the minor wound was gone and his skin converted back into it’s flawless state.

“Arigato,” he thanked curtly. She returned with a smile, dipping her petal hair.

Before she fully removed her fingers from him, her hand grazed against the little valley between his neck and shoulder. There, she felt a light engraving. Images of a snake-like human, the chuunin examination, the marking of Sasuke’s curse, all of which flooded into her almost too rapidly.

“Sakura, you alright?” Shikamaru nudged her shoulder.

“H-Hai,” still shaken from such a rush of horrendous memories. Despite her ghastly state of mind, she continued on to peer at the curse mark which she had helped seal with Tsunade long ago. There was something that seemed odd about it though--it should seem more than just a familiar mark to her, but something about it wasn’t quite what it used to be.

Sasuke snatched her wrist from observing further and gave her a warning look. Unlike when they were young, Sakura didn’t burst into tears in frustration, instead she replied with an assuring gesture of retracting her hand.

“Neji-kun, thank you for your time,” completely subsiding from her recently perplexed condition.

“Hiashi-sama is expecting me before dinner time,” he gathered his possessions and began walking away.

“Yeah, I better go and--uh--meet up with someone…” Shikamaru remarked sheepishly.

“Greet Temari-chan, ‘Hello’ for me, ‘kay?” Sakura gave him an ‘I-know-you-have-a-date-with-the-Kazekage’s-sister’ smirk.

“Whatever,” he turned around and held out his hand in farewell, “Ja.” ‘Later.’

“Well, I guess, Its my turn to go,” Naruto raised his broad shoulders then let them fall.

“Yup, you should get home.”

“Do you want me to--you know--walk yah home or something like that?”

“No, I’ll be fine.” Without even looking at the person beside her, she said, “Besides, Sasuke’s walking with me already.”

“Hmm, I don‘t know…” Oh, Naruto had seen the way the man looked at Sakura earlier, “You might be safer just walking by yourself.” The blonde pointed his smirk towards him.

“You know what? Why don’t you go to the Hyuuga estate before Neji and bid Hinata-san a good night for me?” She fired back his amusement.

“Gotcha,” he turned around, a fraction away from dashing off when he stopped and appeared in front of Sakura. He hunched slightly, adjusting to her petite figure, then hugged her, “Goodnight…and careful with Sasuke, na?” he added playfully.

“Don’t worry, okay? ‘Night.” she gave his back a quick rub, then leaned back to kiss his cheek.

“Oi, when can I get a real one?”

“Ugh, you flirt! I bet Miss Hinata will be more than happy to give you kisses,” she chuckled then gave him a push towards the path home.

“Bye, Sakura-chan! And don’t do anything I wouldn’t do, Bastard-kun!” and with that he took off in an orange blur.

“Tch,” Sasuke spat.

With no words exchanged, Sakura began walking down the same trail as well, leaving him obligated to follow.

He caught up with her easily and walked a comfortable space beside her.

“How’s your curse seal?” She questioned in a sincere tone, not even waiting for a moment’s silence to stretch.

How is it that she could change her mood, actions and all, in an instant?

To begin with, she had obviously been shocked at the reminder of Orochimaru, but she alternated into her bright self almost at once. Then when everyone else left, she now takes on an intent aura. All these different emotions made his mind swim in confusion as to how he should respond.

Was this the adaptation she resulted into when he left?

To have learnt how to confine her grief and convert it into something more purposeful and good-natured; she truly is impressive.

To see how much Sakura really has changed and the cause for it made him feel rather bitter, but also feed his so called, “lust.” A head-strong woman, aside from Yamanako, such as her was undoubtedly to his liking.

“It’s fine,” ending his revelation.

“That’s good to hear.”

They paused--to let the crickets chirp.

“If you don’t mind me asking,” interrupting the insects’ song, “what did you do when you were gone?”

Thoughts raced throughout his head, segregating the wide variation of answers, but biting back a, ‘Yes, I do mind, now let’s just walk in peace.’ Sasuke has been somewhat tamed from his stoic childhood, but he still held on to that rude sting of his.

He settled for the most obvious option, “I traveled and trained for the better.”

“Can you be more specific?”

Why do you care?’ he clenched his teeth together in resistance. There were just some things he wanted to keep to himself, but none-the-less he answered, “I fought a few opponents away from Fire...to prove if my training was any worth.”

She remained quiet, silently forcing him to continue, and somewhat astonished that his response was much more than just a mere “Hn”.

“Evidently, I have improved.” At this he let a small arrogant smirk loosen his stiff expression.

Sakura felt proud and happy for him but curiosity overtook, “Who are said opponents?”

His victorious smile dissipated, debating to himself whether to answer or put an end to her trivia. “Orochimaru, Kabuto, and some snake.”

She stopped; paralyzed.

“Tsunade shouldn’t have to worry about them anymore, I’ve ended their pathetic life.” He continued, not quite helping with Sakura’s slight trembling.

“All three of them..”

“Hn.”

“But h-how?”

How?’ He asked himself as well. “Orochimaru offered me whatever was left of his knowledge and skill in exchange for concurring Konoha and the death of Itachi,” giving off a faint hiss at the sound of his name, “But there was another catch.”

This drew in the rest of Sakura’s curiosity and she looked up at him. Mistakably, she looked at his eyes which swirled into a deep crimson, very similar to that of his older sibling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

“And what do I get in return?” He asked gruffly.

“With my power, you’ll be able to take all of Konohaa~,” his queer voice lacking speed, tongue flickering against his salient fangs.

“I’m not interested in Konoha nor will I go to such measures,” tightening his grip on a kunai, the other hand clutching a scroll.

“Aahh~ but with our talentss together, Itachii wouldn’t sstand a chanccee, naa~?”

With much contemplation, it seemed like somewhat of a reasonable offer, but surely there was more to it, “Go on.”

A disgusting smile spread across the snake’s face with another flicker of the tongue.

“Of courssee, I too would like to exsperienccee ssuch an achiievement, and sso, I’ll be taking over mucchh of your bodyy~,” giving the boy a toothy grin.

In exchange for his body, he will finally attain the great power he’s been hungry for and surely, he’ll be able to kill his older brother as well. Then there’s Naruto whom he would love to defeat, but…

He had agreed to himself long ago, that he will do anything for this kind f immense power, even if it meant having evil engulf his whole being. The conflict about Konoha certainly crossed his mind but with all his thoughts on revenge, he quickly concluded that he’ll find a way to make sure that his village was untouched.

“I accept.”

“Fantasstic~”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------



 220;How…could you…” her whisper barely audible, but her eyes were still in a persistent gaze at Sasuke’s sharingan.

“..hush…” he felt remorseful at having to show her something so horrid but he wouldn’t dare release her without letting her see the conclusion.


------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---


“Just a moment,” the snake’s gleeful apprentice made a few preparations, “There we go. Now, Sasuke-dono, you ready?”

“Just get it over with.”

“That’s the spirit!” Kabuto glinted his glasses, “Come now, Orochimaru-sama.”

“Yess~”

Sasuke and Orochimaru faced one another, unmovable, while Kabuto performed numerous seals; with each set of seals a portion of the human snake would leave its rotting body and into that of Sasuke’s. Within the next few seconds, Orochimaru’s knowledge was transferred but the boy faintly noticed a difference in the pattern of Kabuto’s seals. Pain gradually rose at the pit of his gut and it was definitely becoming much more difficult to flex even a single muscle. Something other than the promised knowledge was being inserted into him, and before anything else was able to be inserted in his body, Sasuke willed his hand to reach for a kunai and sent it flying at Kabuto’s left palm.

“What are you doing? Don’t interfere!” Kabuto clutched his bloodied hand in agony.

“What iss the meaning of thiss?” the snake hissed half-mindedly.

Without Kabuto’s seals, the portion of Orochimaru that was in mid-transfusion began dying rapidly, also affecting Sasuke. The body bind was loosening as well. He took this as an opportunity to form seals, though his fingers ached from the resistance, a ball of fire was sent hurdling towards both Orochimaru and Kabuto. Kabuto was able to dodge his jutsu, but half of Orochimaru’s mentality was dying and detached from himself.

“You…fool..” the perishing snake fell on his knees, trying desperately to recollect his being.

The commotion echoed throughout their cavern, catching attention of an even larger reptile.

Kabuto’s mind was in a deep frenzy; debating whether to bolster his master or butcher the boy.

“Kabutoo…” Orochimaru’s strained his half-paralyzed fingers to form seals.

His apprentice didn’t waste another second. His silver locks were drenched from sweat, trying to force out as much of his chakra into retracing his seals and mending his failed jutsu. Though he was aware of the Uchiha’s attempt into killing Orochimaru and himself, the intensity he was offering to his amend made his reflexes delayed.

Sasuke had been using double the amount of his strength to move and so his attacks weren’t quite as effective. He noticed that Orochimaru was deliberately rejuvenating. With the little chakra he had left, he prepared to combine his raikiri with the special scroll that Kakashi had made just for the chidori’s use.

Kabuto was quickly wearing away--dangerously close to the point of death, while the man he was trying to cure could be considered an empty shell.

“Oro..” he too fell on his knees, “..chi..maru..” his palm flashed a final green, “..sama..” and the medic collapsed on the rough floor.

The man-snake fought to raise his internally fractured body in a standing position, only to see his captive rush towards him with inconceivable speed; with one arm overflowing with chakra.

Much to his despair, Sasuke’s target was blocked by a stupendous snake. However, because of his great momentum and exertion of the raikiri, the creature was sent flying through the ceiling in countless pieces of flesh.

‘That should’ve killed both of them,’ he prayed.

“Ve..ryy ..nicccee..” a slithering voice sounded.

‘Shit,’ he couldn’t control his heavy breathing. The exhaustion was so overwhelming, that even the burns from the chidori left his entire left torso numb. He wasn’t the only one aching from pain, Orochimaru was clearly depleted, but Sasuke was completely drained of any traces of power.

His opponent took a step forth; then another and a following one closer to the boy. As the man drew near, fear finally resurfaced itself ever since the Uchiha massacre, and Sasuke began seeing shadows of his brother and dead parents. He was immobilized by the fear of not having any more hope of escape.

He had no weapons or strength left. There was a distressing need to just sleep and let go. And there, due to his illusion, Itachi, Orochimaru, and his mother and father, were trudging each step towards him in a terrifying invitation to hell. It was all too much for him to bear at once, his temples were pulsing, throbbing, aching in heinous attempt to fully register what was occurring.

All of a sudden, something triggered a shallow nerve in his being that opened a secluded door to a sublime source of power. His whole body was swallowed in dark chakra. Instantly, Orochimaru stopped his venturing at the familiarity of Sasuke’s leaking chakra.

“Noo..” he was aware that more than just half of his power was successfully transferred to the boy’s body, and is now unleashed all at one time; dangerous indeed. The snake began stepping away from him, knowing thoroughly what was happening to Sasuke.

What is…this?

The body was rapidly absorbing the new strength and is now being used as a last resort.

“Ga-AAH!” His arms flung involuntarily to the wall near him, turning the solid material into almost powdered dirt. Muscles twitched from the sudden increase in mass, his senses acute like no other, and knife-like fangs extended from his pearly whites as they dripped with venom. Shortly after his transformation, Sasuke stood before an immensely frightened Orochimaru, letting his body recoup from the burst of pain and violent chakra.

What’s going on?

Then another shout was heard from Sasuke; hunching over and gripped the side of his neck. It was as though a hot iron was burning his flesh, the curse marking that both Tsunade and Sakura had re-sealed glowed a brilliant red and it’s calligraphy was being altered into a new set of characters.

The gravid silence was filled with the boy’s pants. He now noticed that he still had his eyes shut from the intense feeling he went through earlier, and slowly unsheathed his Sharingan. His vision was dark and his surroundings appeared as various blues, green, yellows, and reds, each color set to a certain temperature. His sight was blurry but exquisitely accurate when it comes to deciphering ones thermal status and, with the Sharingan, saw every last bit of Orochimaru’s draining chakra which bounced in frenzy at the horror he was witnessing.

‘’Thiss will not doo. I musst end thiss now.’ The snake was aware of Sasuke’s conditions but all due to a theory he had created about his snake nature compounding with that of the Uchiha’s. He tested how acute the boy’s senses were by twitching his index finger. An immediate growl-like hiss was Sasuke’s response.

‘His eyes have faltered but his hearing is explicit,’ he thought in sick amusement. Orochimaru was already toying with the idea of testing his scent as well but instead he took action, as to not give the chakra any more time to truly seep into the boy’s body.

Much to his surprise, the moment the snake-man formed his first hand sign, the fear and anger of dreaded memories, along with Orochimaru’s sins, triggered that same pulse within his body.

Just like the dirt wall that he had pulverized, Orochimaru became nothing more than miniscule bits of ashes caused by an explosion of fire.


- - - -- - - - - - - -


“HUH!” Sakura drew in a sharp breath and prompted up from her lying position. The flashback was surreal; she had felt every emotion that Sasuke had emanated, it was as though she had been in the hideout with them. Insuppressible tears suddenly flooded out and she was trembling impetuously.


Then she realized that she had been brought back to her own apartment, settled on her usual bed.

Sa-(gasp)-suke…,” she whispered before she let a large teardrop wet another portion of her cheek. Sakura slowly lied back down beneath her sheets and curled around a pillow. She was still shaking and weeping, her own faults mixing with the treachery that Sasuke had bestowed upon her.

‘If I had known…’ regret and guilt stirred her insides, ‘So all this time he’s been hiding this…’

It was like a dream--a terrifying nightmare in which you cannot ‘pinch yourself’ for the sake of awaking, forgetting whatever treachery your mind has conjured up.

Secrets were intangible subjects that she had tried her best not to be trapped by, yet here she was, obtaining knowledge of an unknown encounter and the death of the entire Sound Village. Worst yet, the cause for Sound’s destruction has been right before her.

For the longest time, she had been trying to create a wall between her and her emotions, to be able to channel her entire being into one tuned shinobi--just recently had she been able to achieve that. Yet on her bed she lied in vain, attempting to regain herself from breaking that wall and giving off a torrent of sobs.

A light breeze swept into the room, coaxing the window to open just a little more. Outside, a short distance away from Sakura’s home was said person, regretting that he had added Sakura as another innocence to bear his burdens. He had thought about canceling the mangekyou and performing a memory charm to release her of any unwanted knowledge, or have stayed with her until she woke up. His face twisted into a mournful grimace as he gripped his neck in dejection.

‘No, that would frighten her even more.’ With that last thought, he disappeared from his spot at the top of a roof.

Here Sasuke was, in possession of chakra with such monstrosity; enough to rival that of the Kyuubi’s. Finally, he found what he had spent almost all of his young life hunting for--but the outcome was entirely different from what was assumed. An avenger; the kind of person his mind was set on. With this power he could finally annihilate Itachi and find some peace within his haunting nightmares. There was no excuse for getting sidetracked, pitying on others who become involved with his deeds.

Even so, there was an unexplainable feeling of tantalization that quivered daintily somewhere in his darkened mind.


- - - - - - - - - - -


A/N: Finally! I think this is the longest chapter I have written, yet. There’s a lot going on, but I just wanted to give a bit of explanation to what really happened when Sasuke was gone. A bit of drama and angst. A small hint of NejiSaku, woot! Again, really sorry for taking so long on these chapters, I’m just lazy. I hope I’m improving in my writing, I do appreciate all the feedback you viewers offer. Just, no flames.