Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Implausible ❯ First Morning ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Why exactly are we here?"

Tsunade looked at the four assembled ninja squads.

"I made a bet..." Everyone groaned. "...and you are going to help me win it!" There were rampant facefalls. "Don't be like that! Now, I made a bet with Sasuke that he cannot go one week without falling unconscious."

Everyone turned to look at the scowling Uchiha.

"Anyway, your job is to do whatever it takes to knock him out. And as a bonus..." She waved around a scroll. "What I have here is the Hidden Waterfall Village mission. It will be a grueling challenge, only the best can handle it." She saw she had the attention of a few persons in her audience, specifically Neji, Tenten and Shino. "The pay will be three times the normal wages..." More faces perked up (Kakashi, Kurenai, Asuma). "And, it will take about two weeks of travelling to reach...two weeks i might add, which will be spent with our first volunteer Sasuke!" There were screams as two kunoichi bounced up and down in exictement. "There's an all you can eat ramen bar and buffet..." Naruto and Chouji's faces lit up. "And, if that's not enough, the mission will take you only five minutes away from where the legendary fountain of youth and the pool of love are located." At 'love' Hinata blushed, knowing exactly she who would use a love potion on. At 'youth' Gai and Lee shot to their feet.

"Hokage-sama, we accept your challenge to knock the youth Sasuke unconscious!"

Lee followed his teacher. "Yosh! We will learn the secrets of the fountain of youth"

"Once again youthfulness may blossom in the sun, watered by the everlasting spring of this fountain!" Suddenly it was as if each noticed the other for the first time.

"Gai-sensei?"

"Lee?"

Lee's eyes lit up. "GAI-SENSEI!!"

"LEE!!"

"GAI-SENSEIIIIIII"

"LEEEE EEE!!!!"

They embraced amid an orange sunset flaming over the painted waves that crashed on the rocks.

"How do they do that thing with the waves?" Ino shook her head.

"I don't know Sakura, I don't know."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx

Sasuke moaned and rolled out of bed. Four o' clock...why the hell do we need to train at four o' clock in the morning? The Gaara plushie fell to the floor. Immediately the boy snatched it. "Are you alright Gaara-kun? Don't worry, Aniki won't let anybody hurt you...no he won't." He sighed, wanting to have a few more minutes alone with the plushie. But duty called.

He could see the bridge in the distance...and could see...KAKASHI!!! He approached the man.

"You're late."

Sasuke frowned. And checked his watch. And frowned again. It said 4:00:17 a.m.

"You're...early?"

Kakashi nodded and grinned, though only the happy eyes was visible.

"Yep! Slept here all night to make sure too!" Sasuke could feel his mouth hanging open. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to have the sequel to this would ya?" He held up the book he was reading. "Good book..."

Sasuke could feel darkness swirling around him as the word 'Jane Eyre' jumped out at him.

No! Must stay awake!! He managed to force himself to stay conscious and glare at his grinning sensei. "Not funny...and it didn't work. I'm still conscious."

"Ah, the week is young..."

"GET BACK HERE YOU!!" Both looked up as a squirrel shot past, green fabric stuck firmly in its mouth. Chasing him was Gai...an oddly clad Gai...

Quite frankly, Sasuke would prefer to see Gai's green spandex every day for the rest of his life. Hell, he'd WEAR the damn thing if it would get rid of the sight.

"KAKASHI MY ETERNAL RIVAL!!" Gai noticed the scarecrow. "You are up early!"

Sasuke tried desperately not to stare at the sensei's green ranger briefs. He looked everywhere possible...keenly aware that the taijutsu user wore nothing but the lime-green briefs. Hair...so much hair...do not throw up...I thought his eyebrows were bad...oh Kami-sama those underwear....

"Well my rival, I would enjoy challenging you to a battle of wits to break our longstanding tie of 86-86, but it is beginning to get a bit chilly. Ah the youthful breeze!"

The squirrel held Gai's jumpsuit over the side of the railing, threatening to drop it into the river. It sirked an evil smile. Gai gave his good-guy pose. "I must retrieve my pants! I will not lose to this, nature's embodiment of youth, or I will run 500 laps around the village backwards!"

He turned, and Sasuke was blasted with the full rear view. He barely squelched a whimper. Gai had a lime-green wedgie. Stay awake, stay awake, stay awake. The world went black.

"Kakashi-sensei...I think I'm blind..."

"Don't worry. It'll pass..."

Twenty minutes later the pair regained their eyesight.

"Kakashi-sensei, I thought they'd clallenge me to a fight. Is everyone planning to do something like that to knock me unconscious?"

Kakahsi looked up from his book. "Hmm? Oh that? Gai does that every morning."

Sasuke clenched his fists. Stay awake, stay awake, stay awake, stay awake, stay awake, stay awake