Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mixed Feelings ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A month had passed since Gen and Niro departed from the Leaf.
Naruto sat in his room on his bed, Rin in his lap and Daisuke and Ginji sitting on either side of him, as he read them a bedtime story.
Over the years, Naruto had grown to be six foot three. His hair was slightly longer, shaggy and messy, and framed his boyish yet masculine face. His whisker marks had grown darker and more prominent; he had a strong, angular jaw, high cheekbones, and full pouty lips. His eyes were the same crystal blue, only wiser; and his eyes were angled lightly. He wore baggy black cargo pants, and a large orange T-shirt, since he hadn’t changed into sleeping clothes yet.
“And then the mischievous little fox…” Naruto was interrupted by a knock on his door. “Come in.” He called, looking up at the door.
Itachi stood in the now open doorway, looking as serious and dangerous as he always did.
“What do you want?” Naruto held back the urge to sneer.
“We’re leaving in the morning for Konoha to alert them of Orochimaru’s attack and to offer our help.” He announced monotone.
“I’m not going.” Naruto huffed.
“You and Niro will stay here, but you may join us at anytime.” He mumbled.
“Good, now go.” He snapped.
The triplets were used to this kind of behavior from their father towards the darker man, so they just ignored it and waved goodnight to their uncle as he turned and left the room.
Naruto sighed in aggravation before finishing the story and sending the three seven-year-olds off to bed.