Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Motherlove ❯ motherlove ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dug this one out of my computer…
Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Don't steal and don't sue. Thank you *Phantomness bows*
Title: Motherlove
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Rating: PG
Summary: Naruto on a mother's love. Spoilers for the Star Country filler arc.
 
The first time Naruto actually feels a mother's love, it's a dead woman. She's ethereally pale, faintly purple, and he smiles - smiles - because he knows she'll help him.
There is no way they are going to let some power-hungry maniac like Akahoshi win!
He'll help her protect her son, who finally, finally, acknowledges that he is worth something, and the Star training will pay off, and things will be all right, and they'll bring Mizura back to Konoha to get healed.
It's a strange feeling, someone's arms around him, because even though he might have been hugged once or twice, he's never really felt as important as he does now.
Because…. He's helping put a family back together.
He can't quite put his finger on it, but maybe, maybe what she's willing to do - maybe it's what he'd be willing to do for Sakura-chan and Sasuke, and dying for the one you love is what family is, right?
Of course, it's better if no one dies, but even so…
The sight on Akahoshi's face when Rasengan smashes into him makes all the difference, and he can swear he hears Sumaru's mother whisper thank you before she vanishes.
 
End Fic
Completed 1/27/07
… Oh God. I even write fic off crappy Star Country filler arc. *Dies*
Please review!