Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto a new arc ❯ Day in the Market ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10
 
Naruto and Sakura comes into another gambling place but this places wasn't as pack like the others ones they visited and less aggressive from the decoration that is placed throughout the building that gave it a calm atmosphere.
 
“Ah!” A man comes up to them smiling. From of his clothing he looked like a worker at the place as he was eyeing Naruto frog wallet. “You want to test your luck on the gambling floor?”
 
“Ah no thanks,” Naruto said. “But we wanted to know,” He pulls out a picture of Tori. “Have you seen this girl?”
 
“Ah you mean the Lucky Angel.” He replies smiling at her picture.
 
“The lucky Angel?” Sakura asked puzzled.
 
“Yes we people who gamble know all about her for some years now. She never gives us her name but gamblers gave her that name because of her young age and beauty, also the fact she never loses in a game,” The man said.
 
Naruto and Sakura stares in surprise of her reputation.
 
“Never loses?” Sakura acknowledge his words.
 
The man smiles at her. “Yep. If she does lose it's to benefit her in the long run of her opponent. That's why it's crowed then usual in Crater City. Some of the top gamblers from different villagers try to take her on but they lose in the long run. Her tactics of winning are top notch so that's why most gambling places are cautious when she comes in. But then again, because of her reputation she brings great business when she stops by. She sometime, I heard on a rare occasions, traveled with the Mad Cow.” The man explained.
 
“Mad Cow?” Naruto eyes dim as he remember Jiraiya explaining to him about Grandma Tsunade gambling addiction and sometimes getting him into trouble alongside her. Why do I think Grandma Tsunade using me to get Tori-sama for her own gambling reasons? Naruto signs in being an idiot.
 
“But have you seen her around?” Sakura asked.
 
“ No,” The man replies. “I haven't but people said they seen her around in the city. But high gamblers are here for the weekend, to test out there skills and win big against her because they know she's sitting on a lot of money from winning all those games over the years. Plus they have their pride to get back from losing to a little girl.”
 
“Wow she's greater then I image.” Naruto said in a low voice.
 
Sakura bends her head down. “Thank you.” She grabs Naruto wallet and gives him some money for his time. Naruto was angry at first but figured out what she was doing. “Thanks for the great information Mr. You help us a lot on trying to find her.”
 
“You don't have to give me this.” He tries to hand her back the money.
 
“No we want to give you it. I don't think other places would have taken their time with kids like us.” Sakura smiles at him.
 
The man smiles and bows his head for their money. “Thank you.”
 
He waves goodbye to them as they walk out the store. Naruto and Sakura steps out the store and look at the crowd as the sun looks like its almost evening time.
 
Naruto stomach growl in hunger. Sakura smiles but her stomach makes a small growl.
 
“Let's get something to eat.”
 
00000000000000000000000000000000
 
“Itadakimasu!” Naruto and Sakura both yell breaking their chopsticks apart.
 
Their both sitting at a table of a Ramen restaurant, having few people around because their mostly out spending their money or gambling it away. They both have a ramen bowl in front of them. Naruto digs in his bowl quick but Sakura wanting to do the same thing but she is a lady and must eat properly in front of a boy, even though it's Naruto.
 
“Wow, hearing about her I want to meet her even more.” Sakura says trying to make small talk.
 
Naruto nods his head in delight and picks up his bowl while his mouth was still full of food. “Another bowl?”
 
“Wow Naruto,” Sakura smiles. “I guess you were really hungry.” She giggles at him.
 
Sakura started to realize things about Naruto that would have thought he was a pig when eating or for other things for that matter. Before when they were young she couldn't stand it, always getting in her way and causing trouble. Guess over the years being with him and coming back to the village she started to see pass that when it comes down to it, he is good at heart.
 
Naruto notice Sakura starring at him as he devours his food. “Sakura-chan, you don't like your food?”
 
Sakura snaps out her daze and blush in embarrassment. “N-No nothing wrong. It's fine.”
 
“I have lot of money to go to a different place.” Naruto checks his frog wallet.
 
“N-No Naruto its fine,” She shyly protest. “I was thinking of where we can find Tori-sama. It will be getting late soon so we should check hotels out first and if we still have no luck we will call it a day.”
 
“Ok.” Naruto says and gets back to eating his food.
 
Sakura eyes him and smiles. Thank you Naruto. She begins to eat her food again.
 
The guy that was ease dropping on them before was sitting behind them with a brown cape on, covering his clothing underneath him, as his hoody covered his face. He hears their entire conversation and smirks. He brings his cup of water to his face and drinks. Those idiots will never find her.
 
Sakura eat some more food from her bowl as her eyes watches the door. She instantly stops eating; her eyes enlarge as Tori just walk past the door. She chews her food quickly.
 
“It's her!” Sakura yells.
 
The boy behind them spits out the water from his mouth in shock. He turns around and was about to get up but Sakura hits his chair pinning him in his chair as she was getting up. Naruto eyes widen, turn around too and don't see her. Sakura grabs her backpack and places their money on the table.
 
“Let's go!” Sakura yells running out the restaurant not wanting to miss her.
 
“Wait!” Naruto yells getting his stuff up.
 
The guy was about to get up again but while Naruto was hurrying he bump the table and hit his table making his bowl of Ramen fall on his lap. Naruto runs out the restaurant after Sakura.
 
The young man eyes widen. “HOT! HOT! HOT!” He yells jumping around. He takes the waitress glass of water that was passing him and splashes it on his pants. He signs in relief. He angrily puts up his fist to his face with rage. I GOING TO KILL THAT BOY!!!
 
Sakura runs in the direction of where she might have gone. She stops panting, her eyes searches the four area separation in each direction. She sees an image of Tori down the east roadway and takes off after her moving people of out her way.
 
“Excuse me! Excuse me!” Sakura shouts.
 
“Wait Sakura-chan!” Naruto yells following behind her trying to catch up.
 
She stops again, finding herself in a dead end, with a confused expression on her face. Where did she go that quickly? Now I'm starting to see why this is a B-Ranks mission. She's right in front of you then disappears in a blink of an eye. Did she sense me following her? Sakura eyes look up at the hovering buildings and jumps up on top of one to get a better view. She scans the area for a minute realizing it's a waist. Damn.
 
“SAKURA-CHAN!” Naruto yells out trying to find her. Sakura jumps in front of him in disappoint of not tracking her better. “Did you find her?”
 
“No. She got away.” said Sakura.
 
“So maybe I wasn't imagining things.” Naruto says in a low voice remembering before seeing her.
 
“Well at least she in the city that's for sure. I guess will start with our plan before checking the hotels. Will check in one as well because if we find her were not going to bring her back at night. Too many ways for an attack from an enemy,” Sakura explains. Naruto nods his head. “Let's go.”
 
The young boy that was following them before was on top of a building listening to everything.
 
“Hmph.” He smirks and disappears.