Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto a new arc ❯ Crater City ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9
 
Naruto and Sakura jumps through the forest branch to branch trying to get to Crater City to escort Yamagata Tori. Of course Naruto going much quicker then normal with a happy grin on his face. Sakura trials behind him trying to figure out why he's in a rush to get there. She starts to realize Crater City is not that far off as they are minutes away from the city at the pace they were going.
 
“Naruto who's the girl that were escorting?” Sakura asked.
 
Naruto keeps his eyes in front of him stepping off another branch and jumping to another tree. “She from the Hidden Forest Village and Grandma Tsunade ask us to bring her back to Konoha at least by sunset.”
 
“But why is this B-Rank mission and not C-Rank?” Sakura asked.
 
“Because were escorting a princess.” Naruto answers her.
 
Sakura eyes widen. “A princess? What is she doing all the way out her without proper security and why does she need us to go back to Konoha,” Naruto looks back at her. “But I don't think she needs security since she travels alone. I think she can make it on her own back to Konoha by herself.”
 
Sakura looks at Naruto and understands why he's in a rush, acting weird and I don't think mostly about protecting her.
 
Naruto stop with a confused look and makes Sakura stop as well. “That's pretty mean to say Sakura.”
 
Sakura looks at Naruto getting the wrong impression of her attitude and shakes her head. “No, no that's not it! She a princess from the Forest village so I presume her name is Yamagata Tori from the Yamagata clan that was the founder of the village.”
 
“How do you know that?” Naruto asked.
 
“That's because while you were sleeping in class at the academy I was paying attention about history of other villages.”
 
Naruto shrugs and smiles at her knowing him all to well.
 
Sakura puts her finger to her chin. “But what I don't get is why she needs us.” Sakura gets a bad feeling about this.
 
“Why you look so worried Sakura-chan? It's an escort mission that only takes a half a day the most. You shouldn't worry about it.” Naruto smiles at her.
 
“Naruto did Hokage-sama even tell you about her?”
 
“Only the basics.” Actually Naruto didn't even bother to ask because he was too gaga over her picture of how beautiful she was.
 
“Well I'm going to put this in another prospective that gets you on board. Tori-sama is a high level Jounin ninja.”
 
Naruto jaw drop in shock. “A JOUNIN!” Crap I'm not even a Chunnin! How can I impress her now, matter fact she even stronger then me! Naruto snaps out it and looks at Sakura for a minute trying to figure out something. “But why did grandma Tsunade sent us out here to get her?”
 
“The question you should of asked her before she handed you her picture.” Sakura smiles at him knowing where his mind was. Naruto Sheepishly smiles at her. “Don't worry your not the first.” So it would seem Hokage-sama is using us after all for her personal reasons. Shizune-sama have talked about her of Hokage-sama devilish ways to manipulate people to get what she wants and Naruto just fell for it and brings me with him. All this time I thought he at least grew smarter over the years. “Well let's go. Will ask her when we get there of why Hokage-sama sent us to get her.”
 
Naruto shakes his head. “OK.”
 
They both start to rush in the trees only ten minutes away from the city. A shadow figure in the tree tops watching them above, hearing everything they were talking about and starts to chance after them.
 
00000000000000000
 
Crater City
 
Naruto and Sakura scope out the area of the high volume the city is in. Many people were in the market street exchanging and buying good with one another which made it more crowed then normal. Naruto and Sakura were being pushed around while they were trying to get through the crowd as Naruto started to get frustrated.
 
“Excuse me, Excuse me, coming through!” Sakura polity says to the group of people in front of her.
 
“Why is it so crowed? Feels like you can suffocate just by standing still.” Naruto tries to squeeze through the crowd but his backpack is making it a little more difficult.
 
“Naruto lets go on top of the roofs to get a better view.” Sakura suggested to him.
 
Naruto was traveling behind her as he had a more difficult time then Sakura. He glance at a girl for a second being accompany by a small child, going the opposite direction, that made his stomach feel nerves as she looked similar to Tori. The girl eyes Naruto but Naruto felt like he was being drawn to her by a force he couldn't understand. But the crowd was moving him like an on going wave in the ocean. He got so pushed around when he turn back in the direction they were gone. His body stood still while his eyes were still in a trance. Everybody started to go around him as he was blocking traffic.
 
“Naruto, Naruto!” Sakura shakes his shoulder.
 
“Huh?” He shakes his head to snap out of it.
 
“Did you hear me? Let's go on top of the building to get a better view.” Sakura pointed.
 
“Ok.”
 
With their ninja speed they jump up on top of a building that gave them a clear view of the area. Sakura looked everywhere for the princess but Naruto looked where he just was, to see if the girl is still around. He knew it was her but then again Grandma Tusnade said she was traveling alone.
 
“Maybe we should try the gambling places.” Naruto suggested.
 
“You have any money?” Sakura eyes him.
 
He pulls out his fat frog wallet and smiles at her doing anything just to see his dream wife. “Yep!”
 
“OK,” Sakura points as a gambling place that is not on big steaks. “There.” She points to a place that resembles a house but had a dice billboard on top of the house. “Let's go.”
 
Naruto and Sakura walked into the place as it was many games going already on the floor. They searched around for her but it was no luck. They ask somebody that worked their but told them they haven't seen her. This is how it went for the ten places they visited as nobody seen her. Some people were polite while others were unpleasant that pissed Naruto really off as he almost got into a fight three times today.
 
“This is exhausting,” Sakura rotates her arm of stiffing up from keeping Naruto back from fighting. “At this rate will never find her in time.”
 
“What's the matter with these people anyway. There all aggressive,” Naruto replies folding his arms. “I'll never understand adults.” Naruto signs in aggravation.
 
“Let's try one last place and will take a rest for something to eat.”
 
Naruto nods his head of approval.