Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Divergence Fic #1 ❯ Chapter 0 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
<Title>Naruto Divergence Fic #1: Chapter 0</Title>

<body>
Naruto Divergence Fic #1: Chapter 0<br>
<br>
By: Canis Black<br>
<br>
-------------------------<br>
<br>
Naruto, consumed by the frenzied blood lust that both fueled and was fueled by the Chakra of the Kyuubi sealed inside of him, watched as the body of Zabuza's pet ninja flew through one of the ice mirrors that had imprisoned the young leaf ninja and his now deceased comrade. Grinning ferally as he watched the enemy sail through the air in an arc that would be considered graceful in other circumstances, he decided that one punch wasn't enough to kill the other ninja and, descending farther into the comforting insanity offered by the kyuubi, he pulled out one of his remaining kunai and dashed forward to meet the body of the other as it descended to the ground.
<p>
Even before the other body hit the ground, Naruto knew that he wouldn't be there to catch the other ninja. However, with a little luck and a bit more speed, easily provided by the kyuubi as it gained a stronger hold over Naruto's crumbling mind, and he would reach the enemy ninja before it had the chance to recover from its impromptu flight and the monstrously powerful hit that had fueled it.
<p>
When Naruto felt the kunai's tip pierce into the enemy's chest followed shortly by a warm feeling washing over his hands he knew that he had been correct. Forcefully yanking the dagger from the other ninja's chest, the blond ninja smirked evilly as the body sank to the ground. Lifting the blood soaked kunai to his lips, Naruto licked some of the blood from the blade and closed his eyes savoring the taste.
<p>
Even through the haze of his bloodlust a part of Naruto's mind was shocked, and even a little horrified, at this action. When he opened his eys again and saw the face of the ninja he had just slain this small bit of shock over his previous actions was mirrored a thousandfold by the revelation of the other ninja's identity. The shock and subsequent horror were enough to push the majority of the bloodlust from the blond ninja's mind as he stared in mute horror at what he had done after he had lost control.<br>
<br>
-------------------------<br>
<br>
Deep within the recesses of Naruto's spirit the Nine Tailed Demon Fox howled as it felt the bloodlust leaving his jailer's mind, and with it the Demon Fox's means of influencing the boy. However, after so spending so long trapped within the boy the Kyuubi wasn't about to give up its chance to once more wreak havoc and destruction in the outside world without a fight. Using its ever more tenous hold on the boys mind the Kyuubi dredged up every last memory of resentment and hate it could find and fed it through the boy's concious mind. As it felt the boy's bloodlust rising once more the Demon Fox slowed its frenzied pace then set out to try and break the boy's mind so that it might mold the boy's mind and use him as its avatar until such time as the seal upon it could be broken.<br>
<br>
-------------------------<br>
<br>
While the Kyuubi had been working its 'magic', Naruto had fallen to his knees beside the freshly made corpse of the unnamed ninja. While on some level he knew that the flood of images through his mind's eye were caused by the Kyuubi, he was such a mess that he didn't care. Even as the demon spoke seductively to him about using its power to take revenge upon all those who had hurt him in the past and made it apparent just how it planned for Naruto take revenge, the young ninja was unable, unwilling, to fight the feelings the Kyuubi was engendering in him. It wasn't until the Kyuubi, thinking the boy to be nearly completely broken, showed him a picture of Sasuke lying dead on the ground then slowly morphed the body into that of Sakura, then Kakashi that Naruto found within himself the strength to fight.
<p>
Eyes wide in horror at the image he had just been shown, Naruto opened his mouth and screamed his defiance to the heavens. "NOOOOOOOOOO!"
<p>
However, even as he managed to push the Kyuubi's influence out of his mind, he knew that it would only last a short time. Already he could feel the demon's attempts to regain a semblance of control pounding against his defenses. Slowly, shakily, he reached down to the ground and picked the blood soaked kunai from the ground and held it in his hands as he contemplated what he was about to do.
<p>
He had never thought he would die so young, but he knew without a doubt that he could not, would not, allow the Kyuubi to use him to harm his friends. Still, he found it difficult to move his arms as he slowly raised the kunai, it's blade pointed towards himself, above his head and prepared to plunge it into his own heart. Just as he was about to follow through with his resoution he felt a...presence...in his mind, in his spirit, that he had only felt in fleeting memories of even more fleeting dreams of happiness that had never been. With this presence came a gradual lessening of the force of the Kyuubi's attempts to regain control of his mind, and through it his body, until he could no longer sense the demon.
<p>
After the recession of the Kyuubi's presence, Naruto simply sat there for a few moments more before he again dropped the kunai to the ground with a clatter and himself followed it a moment later as the mental and emotional strain of the past few minutes finally succeeded in putting the blond ninja into a state of blissful unconciousness. Later, after Kakashi had successfully dealt with Zabuza and Inari had led the villagers to the rescue, Naruto was found still insensate and dead to the world, and would remain so for the next week.<br>
<br>
-------------------------<br>
<br>
Though Naruto's mind was not present in the waking world for over a week, it was hardly resting. Soon, to him anyway, after he had fallen into unconsciousness he had found himself waking up in a cavernous facility with pipes and wires running along the ceiling, standing water an inch deep on the floor, and narrow alley-like halls sandwiched between extremely tall walls. Hearing a nasty snarling voice screaming profanities he decided to investigate, and followed the noise to its source. When he finally got there he saw a massive set of iron gates with a single small piece of paper with the kanji for seal written upon it with precise brush strokes.
<p>
Also of note was the man standing before the gate staring down the beast contained within. The man was tall with hair that Naruto idly noted was the same shade of blond as his own, wore a ninja uniform similar to Kakashi's, and was covered in bloody cuts and slashes with his right arm hanging limp. For some reason Naruto felt a niggling sense of familiarity when seeing this man for the first time, but it wasn't until the man turned around that Naruto realized why.
<p>
The man was the Yondaime. The Fourth Hokage.<br>
<br>
-------------------------<br>
<br>