Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Divergence Fic #1 ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
<Title>Naruto Divergence Fic #1: Chapter 1</Title>

<body>
Naruto Divergence Fic #1: Chapter 1<br>
<br>
By: Canis Black<br>
<br>
-------------------------<br>
<br>
The pink haired kunoichi sighed as she turned from staring obsessively at her dark haired companion and looked to see if her either her teacher or her other teammate had appeared yet. Outwardly she seemed to be slightly confused, and maybe a little irritated, but inside was a very different story.
<p>
"Yes!" raved Inner-Sakura, as she pumped her arm up in down in victory, "More time alone with Sasuke-kun!"
<p>
However, her celebrations were cut short as a very soft thump caught her attention. Turning to look she saw her teacher with his head buried in one of those disgusting books he was always reading. While Inner-Sakura switched from raving celebration to furious cursing, her outward reaction was the same as always. She leapt to her feet, pointed at him and screamed, "<i>You're LATE!</i>"
<p>
Closing his single visible eye in amused consternation, her teacher ran a hand through his hair as he laughed nervously, "Well, you see it's rather embarrassing, but all of my clothes kinda...disappeared and I had to order some new ones then wait for them to arrive."
<p>
The girl's response was the same as it always was; she called him a liar quite loudly then began mumbling to herself. However, he ignored it and said, "Now then Sakura, Sasuke, shall we get started?"
<p>
The boy, presumably Sasuke merely looked up and grunted some barely intelligible syllable that passed for a yes, but the girl, Sakura, was unsure. "But Kakashi-sensei, shouldn't Naruto be here?"
<p>
The man, Kakashi, seemed to smile, though it would be hard for anyone that wasn't familiar with him to be able to tell that that's what the crinkles in the mask were caused by. "Actually, that's what you're supposed to do today. Find Naruto."
<p>
Sakura just looked at Kakashi strangely while Sasuke turned to look at the Jounin and asked, "Why?"
<p>
Kakashi smiled again, "Part of your training. Naruto's going to do his best to not be found, and you two are going to do your best to find him."
<p>
Sakura blinked a couple of times then nodded her head and said, "Yes sensei, I understand." However, Inner-Sakura was grousing, "Find Naruto? That little idiot's the loudest damned person in the village, it's going to be too easy to find him."
<p>
Though neither knew it, Sasuke's thoughts were much the same. Thus, when the two set out to find their wayward teammate, neither expected it to take long.
<p>
-------------------------
<p>
Perched upon the roof of a building Sasuke scanned the area around the Ramen stand that he knew Naruto frequented. It took him a few moments, but he finally spotted the unmistakable blond hair and orange clothing of the village's Number One Loudest Ninja. Sparing barely a thought for his other teammate, Sakura, he leapt down to the ground and walked up behind Naruto and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.
<p>
"I've found you, now let's get back to Kakashi so that I can get some <i>real</i> training done."
<p>
Naruto turned and simply smiled cheekily over his shoulder at Sasuke before vanishing in a puff of smoke that faded away to reveal a young boy with spiky brown hair wearing a pair of goggles on his forehead. "Hah! You fell for Naruto-bro's trick!"
<p>
Upon witnessing the transformation Sasuke's eyes widened slightly in surprise before narrowing even further than previously, the only testament to his further annoyance. Listening with only half an ear he tried to place the kids face before finally realizing who it was. "You're that kid, the Third Hokage's grandson, now where is Naruto?"
<p>
The kid heard the boy call him the Third Hokage's grandson and started trembling before leaping back and pointing his finger at Sasuke in a challenging manner and nearly screaming, "My name is Konohamaru, and I'm not telling YOU where Naruto-bro is!"
<p>
Sasuke just stood there, outwardly unaffected by the scene the kid was creating and then, with a barely audible, "Annoying," he leapt up to the roofs.
<p>
Thinking that the boy might lead him back to Naruto, Sasuke hung around just out of site and watched. He was surprised to see that the boy, after wandering the streets for about a half an hour used the Henge no Jutsu to transform back into Naruto.
<p>
-------------------------
<p>
While Sasuke was dealing with Konohamaru, Sakura was having problems of her own. Like Sasuke, she had 'found' Naruto relatively quickly, but just as with Sasuke, this Naruto wasn't Naruto.
<p>
Looking down on the girl with the orange hair put up into two hideous gravity defying pigtail like...things. Idly she noted that the girl wore a pair of goggles similar to those that Naruto had worn during the academy. "Who are you?" she asked politely.
<p>
Inner-Sakura however was raving, "This horrid little...thing...is ruining my plans to impress Sasuke-kun!"
<p>
Meanwhile the little girl, at least Sakura <i>thought</i> it was a girl, leapt back and struck a pose and then in a somewhat haughty voice announcer herself as, "Sexiness of an adult, female ninja Moegi!"
<p>
Outwardly Sakura kept her expression neutral, and managed to say, "That's...nice...Moegi. Can you tell me where Naruto is?" Inwardly was another matter entirely.
<p>
"That...that...that was sooooo stupid!" Shouted Inner-Sakura. "I bet Naruto taught her that."
<p>
"Ah...," started Moegi, "I don't know where leader is." Then seeming to remember what she was supposed to be doing she quickly firmed up and added to her previous statement, "But even if I did I wouldn't tell an old hag like you where he was!"
<p>
That did it. Sakura was unable to repress the urgings of the enraged Inner-Sakura and slammed her fist into the other girls head while screaming, "<i>WHO ARE YOU CALLING AN OLD HAG YOU HIDEOUS LITTLE MONSTER!</i>" Still fuming, Sakura just turned and stormed away, impervious to the looks of observers as Moegi rolled around on the ground clutching her head in pain.
<p>
-------------------------
<p>
As Kakashi made his way to Team 7's normal meeting place he was trying to come up with his daily excuse for his tardiness. "Hmm...I've already used the 'Lost on the Road of Life' excuse," he thought to himself as he looked at a particularly...interesting...section of Come Come Paradise. Then with a burst of inspiration he decided on an excuse. "I know! I'll use the 'I was mobbed by a bunch of cute girls who stole all my clothes and had to wait for replacements' excuse." Satisfied with his excuse he returned to focusing 99% of his attention on his reading. "Hmm...that's an interesting position. I didn't even know that that was humanly possibly."
<p>
-------------------------
<p>
At Team 7's normal meeting place the figure that was apparently <i>NOT</i> Kakashi smiled slightly as he heard the sound of the real Kakashi arriving. Swinging around quickly it threw its finger out and shouted "Kakashi-sensei you're LATE!" at the top of its lungs.
<p>
To say that the reaction this act caused was totally expected would be lying, although the pseudo-Kakashi had expected some kind of hostile reaction, he was chilled to the bone as the real one looked around then in a voice that was the strangest mix of cheerful and deadly that the impersonator had ever heard asked, "Who are you, and where are my students?"
<p>
Suddenly overcome with nerves the impersonator couldn't help it as his natural habits re-asserted themselves and he closed his one visible eye while putting one arm behind his head and laughing in that way he had of conveying nervousness, embarrassment, and the realization that he just might have done something monumentally stupid...again. "Well, you see..." was all he got out before the real Kakashi's seemed to recognize who it was and interrupted.
<p>
"That's you isn't it Narumi?" he asked with a slight twinkle in his visible eye. The impersonator was not amused as he let his transformation drop in a puff of smoke and glared at Kakashi.
<p>
"My name is NA-RU-TO!" growled the irritated blond ninja that had secretly become one of Kakashi's favorite students. Not that the gray-haired Jounin would ever admit it.
<p>
Kakashi just smiled and chuckled softly at his student's outburst before patting Naruto on the head in an almost paternal fashion. "Relax Naruto, I knew it was you from the moment you turned around. However, I DO need to know where Sasuke and Sakura are, and based upon your appearance when I showed up you have the information to answer that question...also, I'd like to know just WHY you were impersonating me."
<p>
Naruto once again laughed, but this time it was the laugh he used when he'd just pulled off a particularly <i>evil</i> prank. "Well, I..." and he then proceeded to tell an increasingly amused Kakashi just what he'd done.
<p>
-------------------------
<p>
Several hours later, Kakashi looked up as Sakura and Sasuke returned looking rather bedraggled and a tad haggard. Not to mention totally empty handed. "Hey guys, where's Naruto?"
<p>
Sasuke just muttered something under his breath which Kakashi's took to be an insult directed towards the blond haired ninja he and Sakura had been sent to find, while Sakura looked downcast and a little upset though he had to look closely to tell. "We couldn't find him. He had corrupted some of the Academy students into helping him."
<p>
Although Outer-Sakura was rather calm, all things considered, her inner-self was on the warpath. "That idiot Naruto! The next time I see him I'm going to rip his arms off and beat him to death with them, or better yet I'll use a pair of chopsticks to gouge out his eyes then cut his skull open with a dull kunai and see if there's anything inside! Yes! That's what I'll do. Bwahahahahahahaha!"
<p>
Sakura was interrupted from her bout of internal evil demonic laugher by Kakashi's voice...from behind her. "Well, that's to be expected." Shocked she spun around and saw...Kakashi. Twisting her head around to look back at where she though Kakashi had been, she dimly noticed Sasuke doing the same before seeing that there was in fact a Kakashi behind her and a Kakashi in front of her. Stumped she could only swivel her head back and forth, that is until Sasuke voiced his conclusion.
<p>
"Kage Bunshin," the dark haired ninja stated.
<p>
"Nope," said the first Kakashi.
<p>
"Henge," said the second.
<p>
"Then who?" wondered Sakura aloud as Sasuke frowned at being wrong.
<p>
The first Kakashi grinned and said, "I thought you'd never ask!" He then vanished in a puff of smoke to be replaced by a grinning Naruto. "I got you guys good!"
<p>
"<i>NARUTO! <b>I'LL KILL YOU!!</i></b>"
<p>
-------------------------