Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Drabbles ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Naruto/Sasuke - Darkness for Liraleni
Naruto stared up into the darkness; he hadn't been able to sleep at all so far tonight. Sapphire orbs wandered across the heavens as he lay comfortably in his bed roll, his teammates quiet breathing the only sound to be heard as the embers of the fire slowly burnt down, lending the faintest rosy glow to the small camp circle. It wasn't the star's that held his attention, but the darkness between them.
It reminded him of him - Sasuke.
The blond couldn't help the deep melancholy that had set in during the course of the silent night. He couldn't help dwelling on what had passed over the last few years - Orochimaru was dead, Itachi had given his life up for his younger brother and for Konoha and Akatsuki had been defeated, and yet he still hadn't returned.
Was it truly hopeless - would the stupid Teme never come home? Didn't he know that they were all waiting?
That he was waiting?
He looked into the depths of the velvety black expanse, remembering the times they had crossed paths over the years, the violence and the pain of each encounter weighted heavily on his heart. He had stared deep into the darkness of the ravens obsidian eyes every time - was the warmth, the emotion he had thought he'd seen there truly real or just another illusion?
Had the last Uchiha finally been consumed by his need for revenge - his own personal darkness?
Naruto watched as the darkest part of the night bled into dawn and he knew with a deep sense of resolve that he would bring Sasuke back, he needed to - the dawn always came at the end of the darkness.
It was his job to be Sasuke light and he always kept his promises.
 
Sasuke/Naruto - Dawn For TheaBlackthorn
The raven watched the sun breach the horizon, the beams of light spearing into the darkness that had held sway through the course of the night. He couldn't help but stare into the coming light as he sat propped comfortably against a thick tree truck his gaze was unwavering. His teammates had only asked once why he watched the sunrise everyday - they had seen the error of that quickly.
He had been watching the dawn ever since he had left Konoha. At first he didn't understand the odd compunction but as time passed he grew to realise he was becoming obsessed and this was the closest he could get to his particular obsession.
 
He heard rustling behind him and turned only enough to peer at the intruder from the corner of his eye. They had sent Juugo to come and disturb his dawn vigil. He waited silently for the older man to speak, his voice a soft rumble, “It is time Sasuke-san.”
Sasuke watched the man a little longer before he nodded his ascent and watched the redhead go back to the campfire that had burnt down to dark almost black coals. He turned his dark orbs back to the sun, a flash of bright blond and a flare of deep cerulean clouding his mind for a few moments. Sasuke shifted up onto his feet eyes fixed on the horizon the outline of a village coming into view, his lips quirked before he spoke softly, “Time to return for my dawn.”