Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Drabbles ❯ 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pairing:Itachi/Sai
Prompt: Insomnia
For: Ash365
Sai didn't have curtains on his window so the moonlight that poured in lit the sparse room with pale milky white light. But his attention was focused on the pale contours of the porcelain coloured skin of the man's back that lay sleeping beside him. He couldn't help reaching out, stroking his fingers across the surface of the smooth alabaster plains. The gentlest brush as he wove meaningless patterns across the unmoving skin. He watched as long inky black strands shifted with each rise and fall of breath.
He looked down at the beautiful and deadly man beside him, a puzzled frown creasing his own pale brow but his ministrations never stopped. He let out a quiet sigh, his voice barely a whisper as he spoke in the silent room, “What are we Itachi-san? Is this that thing Naruto always tells me about? Making bonds... I don't understand what this is but it makes my chest ache when you're gone.”
When the muscles under his hands bunched and shifted he withdrew his curious fingertips, not wanting the other man to wake and catch him caressing his skin in such a fashion. When the eldest Uchiha turned over, liquid night stared deep into Sai's own midnight orbs and he couldn't look away.
A sleep roughened voice slipped past tempting lips, “Why are you awake Sai?
“It's nothing Itachi-san I couldn't sleep is all.”
“Hmm... then what were those patterns you were drawing on my skin...?”
Sai couldn't stop his eyes widening slightly, though he should have known even the lightest touch would not go unnoticed by this man. Heat stole into his cheeks as he finally had the good grace to shift his eyes away from that penetrating stare, as he spoke a little hurriedly, “Just mindless doodling Itachi-san.” He turned his back on the older man, shifting his body so that his back faced the elder Uchiha as he lay down, his mind preoccupied with all the new feelings curling and twisting in his belly.
He could hear the other man rustling but was surprised when Itachi slowly settled his body across his own back, face nestling into the crook of his neck as long toned legs tangled with his own. “I asked you not to call me that Sai. Now tell me what is bothering you.” Sai loved the soft press of Itachi's skin against his back; though the older man's skin was pale and looked like marble it was wonderfully warm. He could feel the Uchiha's fingertips caressing the skin over his hipbone and as he focused on that feeling he realised the other man was now drawing patterns on him. As he followed the lines he could feel the intensity of his emotions and the heat of his cheeks increase. His words were slightly trembling when he spoke, “Itachi-s...Itachi what are you trying to say. I don't understand any of this ... are we forming bonds here...or is this just meaningless to you.”
Itachi let out a soft sigh that sent a warm gust of air across the prone ink user's nape and he shivered with pleasure at the feeling. He felt the elder male shifting closer, the hand that had been caressing a pale hip coming up to stroke his cheek as the other man spoke, “I suppose I should have realised you wouldn't understand Sai - we are far to alike you and I.” He pressed a chaste kiss to the corner of Sai's lips and the younger nin wanted to roll over and place a firmer kiss against those soft petals but he was pinned under the Uchiha and until he let him move he would just enjoy the closeness and the warmth Itachi gave him.
He looked up from the corner of his eye, a question slipping from his lips in the form of the Uchiha's name, “Itachi?” The older man shifted upwards so he was leaning over the younger man's back and he started drawing with his fingertips. With each stroke Sai felt wonderfully deep warmth swelling in his chest, those mindless doodles weren't quite so mindless after all. The Uchiha slowly turned the ink user over when he was finished, leaning down to look deep into those beautiful velvety dark eyes, enjoying the pink tinge to the young man's cheeks. “You understand now.”
“Hai. Thank you Itachi I shall be able to sleep now.” He snaked his arms up and around the older man's neck guiding him down to rest against him, the loose strands of silky soft hair tickling his skin as they moved together to get comfortable. He loved the feel of this man and as his mind started to grow foggy with the first strains of sleep he mumbled softly, “Lov'..you..too 'Taich