Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Drabbles ❯ 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pairing: Itachi/Naruto
Prompt: The Right Kind of Wrong
For: TrulyWicked
Naruto lay quietly, letting his breath ease as his sweat slick body cooled in the air of his apartment, he felt the man behind him moving, likely getting up and preparing to leave once more. The blond couldn't help but feel irrepressibly lonely every time the eldest Uchiha left. He wasn't sure he could bring himself to roll over and face the other nin with his chest clenched so tightly and the sting in his eyes trying to mani9fest into tears. He heard shuffling and suddenly felt the touch of a damp cloth carefully running over his sweat soaked skin, wiping away the evidence of their tryst, it made his body shiver at the sudden change in temperature but it also created goose bumps all over his skin.
Naruto wasn't sure what to do with himself as that cloth carefully traced the contours of his body as he clutched a pillow to his chest. Though his chest ached with sadness the tender touch filled the small spaces that were left with unbearable tenderness. Naruto rolled over, capturing the older man's wrist in his calloused palm; his voice was rough with emotion when he spoke, eyes boring into the man hanging over his prone form, “Itachi?”
Naruto's eyes locked with familiar obsidian and he watched as the older man settled back beside him, not protesting the firm grip he had. Itachi leant forward, long strands of soft ebony tickling across Naruto's chest as he watched pale fingers approach his face, calloused tips stroking softly along the whisker like scars on his cheeks. Naruto trembled when Itachi spoke, the velvety caress of his voice manifesting in a physical shiver, “What is it Naruto?”
The blond watched the raven for a few moments, trying to summon the words to choke passed his suddenly clogged throat. He fumbled the words but finally got them past the blockage, “Will you...can't...I mean... grrr...stay I want you to stay here dammit.” He shook his head at his own inadequacies and startled when he heard a soft chuckle coming from the older man. He looked up into Itachi's normally staid features, seeing lightness in those dark depths that he hadn't seen before.
“Itachi?” He looked up Itachi pleased and equal parts annoyed that he had caused that sound to fall from Itachi's lips.
“Hmm... and what would we tell my otouto if I stayed and he visited? He has yet to find out that I still breath let alone that I was accepted back into Konoha.” Itachi's gaze wandered from the enchanting cerulean, staring absently out the window and Naruto knew he was thinking of his brother. Naruto knew now how much Sasuke meant to this man and when this had started that rainy day at the memorial stone he had promised to himself that the two would be reunited again. And yet he felt like he was keeping something from the youngest Uchiha - something he himself had craved and found in Itachi - family.
“I...” Naruto hung his head at those words knowing deep in his heart that Sasuke wasn't ready for that knowledge he was still to raw from everything Madara had done to him, the twisted thoughts he and before him Orochimaru had planted inside his revenge filled mind. The fact that Itachi was here in his small apartment was risky enough, to have him stay when they both knew Sasuke would likely appear first thing in the morning with a familiar “Hn.” And a barb aimed to annoy him into a sparring session.
Naruto felt his shoulder slump in defeat, the guilt that gnawed at him every day that he and Itachi spent together, or he and Sasuke spent. He was taking so much from both Uchiha's and he so desperately wanted to make it right but he couldn't. Not yet. He sighed softly as he spoke, in a subdued tone, “Will we ever be able to tell him? I don't like hiding something so important from him... wouldn't he want to know he hadn't destroyed his only family?”
He turned tired sapphire orbs on the eldest Uchiha once more, hoping for a response and never sure whether he would receive one. When there was no reply he turned away, sitting up and looking out the window once more taking in the view of the empty streets lit by gas lamps that lit the sides of the buildings across the way. He was prepared for the feel of arms curling around him hauling him back against a solid chest; he scrambled wildly for a moment before he felt a heavy weight settle on his shoulder as warm thighs bracketed his lower body.
He barely heard the soft words Itachi spoke, even though they were right next to his ear, “I'm waiting for that day....”
Naruto looked at Itachi's face in profile, for once able to see the sadness that the eldest Uchiha hid so well. He let one hand run down to stroke across the pale hands curled around his torso the other lifted to cup Itachi's cheek. Naruto twisted himself enough so that he could look back at deep ebony orbs, lightly brushing the bangs away from his cheeks before cupping the pale skin once more. The blond leant forward to brush a feather light kiss across slightly parted lips there were satiny smooth under his own. When he pulled back he looked deep into Itachi's obsidian gaze before speaking with a more familiar tone, “That day is coming Itachi - we'll make it right. Believe me?”
He felt stripped the way those dark orbs studied him, but he saw the tiniest twitch of the corner of Itachi's mouth before he received the smallest nods in return. He gave the dark haired man a bright grin before shifting back to press more firmly into the warmth of Itachi's skin, staring out the same window once more, “Soon I promise.”