Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Drabbles ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pairing: Kakashi/Naruto
Prompt: Time to say goodbye…
Series: Naruto
Rating: 12
Warning: BL - kissing
The Hokage approached the memorial stone slowly, knowing exactly what he would find as he walked up to the edifice, he absorb the warmth of the setting sun that lit the field with an orange glow, highlighting the dark ebony of the granite memorial. His eye lingered on the man sat at its base, shadowed by the gravestone; his blond hair darkened to gold, at his knees, at the foot of the rough hewn block, sat a bunch of exquisite flowers, a mix of wild flowers that he had likely picked that afternoon.
 
He felt his heart twist with a mixture of the love he held so firmly in check and frustration at the sorrow and pain that shrouded the hunched figure. The jounin just knew that he had been crying most likely he had arrived much earlier in the day and had not eaten or moved from the spot. It had been two years since Konoha had been destroyed and the village was thriving once again and yet there were a few who felt the weight of guilt for what had happened more heavily than most. He was one of them.
 
“You can't keep doing this you know. You have a job to do - the job that you wanted so badly. How is this achieving anything?” He watched the black clad shoulders trembled at the admonishment and he hoped that it would spark the blonds' furious temper, but red rimmed eyes turned to him, and his heart begged him to hold the young man before him, he was still so young and vulnerable and yet his eyes betrayed an age beyond his twenty years.
 
He had loved the blond far longer than he should have and had never been able to show him, maybe knowing that someone cared would help him, the villagers fear of him must wear on him far more than it used to. He walked forward, resting his hand in the soft blond locks, crouching down to his level to stare intently into deep sapphire orbs. He took in everything, the dark shadows that lingered under his lonely gaze, the lack of smile and the enthusiasm he had once shared so readily - he was broken.
 
The blond just stared back at him, his voice horse when he spoke, “I miss them so much and it's all my fault.” He shook his head and turned his face away to stare at the ground unable to meet his penetrating gaze. He gave the blond a hard look, but it softened at the words of guilt he himself had felt for his own fallen comrades time and again.
 
“We all feel that way - but we get past it - we have too. The memories will never be forgotten but it's not a crime to keep on living - you live for those who didn't. You carry them with you wherever you go.” He let his hand trail down whiskered cheeks, curling around his stubborn chin; he tugged the young man's face up to look at him once again.
 
“It's time to move on - I want to help you but sometimes you have to take those first few steps on your own. Do you want my help?” He watched as blond brows furrowed in concentration and he admitted freely that he loved to watch his emotive face, the way his whiskers crinkled, his eyes held so much dedication and love for the people around him - it was so easy to watch what he was thinking.
 
“Hai, sensei - please.” He gently thumbed the soft, tanned skin of his cheek as he pulled away. He caught the soft pink hue staining his face at his gentle caress and hoped that the younger man felt some affection for him in return. He shifted back up to his feet, bowing low to the stone, eyes closing when his hands came together as he sent up silent prayers to his departed friends and family, before facing the young man again. He held out his calloused hand and when it was grasped he pulled the blond into his arms.
 
“You always wanted to know what was under this mask, ne?” As one arm curled around the black and orange clad torso, his other hand reached up, fingers curling under the edge of the mask and carefully sliding the material over his chin to rest around his neck. His eyes never left the blonds' deep cerulean gaze, and he felt a now visible smile tilt his lips at the way cerulean orbs widened, as Naruto's mouth parted on a soft gasp. The surprised expression was endearing to him, he knew he wasn't ugly and yet he wanted to see what the blond thought of his face.
 
He felt tanned fingertips trailing up his neck to carefully run across his cheek, and the sensitive nerve endings made him shiver at the tenderness that was being exhibited. Gentle fingers traced the scar that traversed his jaw line and disappeared under his chin, then traced softly across his lips. He clamped his mouth closed to hold in the groan that desperately wanted to escape, eye shuttering closed at the sweet sensations making his body heat.
 
When he felt warm soft lips pressing against his own he was surprised and let loose the deep moan he had been holding back, tugging the younger man closer to him as his need for the blond spiked. When the feeling eased and he was able to open his eye again, staring into cerulean orbs, taking in the needy look the younger man was giving as well as the blush that adorned his cheeks. “I'm sorry...sensei...” He didn't get to finish that sentence as his own lips descended on lips as soft as the silkiest flower petals.
 
He gently caressed the blonds' lips with his own, loving the texture and taste of honey and ramen that came from the young sage. He let his tongue flicker out and lap at his lower lip, carefully nibbling and suckling it into his own warm cavern. He felt the vibrations of the delicious moan that slipped from parted lips and he let his tongue slide between the soft petals, delving into the hot depths. He ran his tongue soothingly across the other pink muscle, coaxing it to play with his and the blond didn't disappoint. The hot, slick muscles twinned together, as the young man mewled and purred like a kitten at the heated touch.
 
As the needy kiss continued he slid his arms around the blond and felt strong toned muscles, locking around his neck as the slightly smaller man twinned his arms around it. When they broke for air there faces remained close together, eyes locked on each other as their panting breathes ghosted across moist lips. “Naruto...?” He let the question linger, knowing the blond would get his meaning without words, they where to alike in that respect.
 
“Take me home Kakashi.” The dropping of the honorific sent a thrill through his body as he curled protective arms around the youth. “I want to remember, but I'm so tired of hurting like this. Please make me forget for a little while.” He let his eye watch the emotions flitting across tanned features, and gave a tender smile to the fragile blond.
 
“I'll do my best - but a warning to you, I don't plan on letting you go again. Is that...alright?” He was taking a big risk, letting the young sage see so openly into his heart, allowing his own emotions to play across his exposed face.
 
The blond gave him a stunning smile, one he hadn't seen in far too long, “I was hoping you'd say that...sensei.” The way he said that made the jounin's body heat and his arousal throb with interest, since when had his blond become so coy. He watched avidly as Naruto's face transformed from the dark mask he had been wearing in his grief to the sweet, open young man he remembered. The shadows lingered but it seemed that after two years the blond was ready for change and he had been waiting for him. “You thought I didn't notice the way you watched me sensei? I'm not that dumb - you're as bad as Ero-sannin.”
 
Kakashi looked into the blonds' eyes and didn't see the onslaught of emotion he was expecting at the use of Jiraiya's old nickname. Maybe, he hoped, Naruto would come to terms with the loss's he'd suffered, and maybe the village would learn to love the sweet boy he had come to care for so deeply. He startled the blond when he boosted him up to wrap his legs around his waist, planting soft kisses up and down his throat, nibbling at the sensitive spot at the base, whilst his hands worked a quick teleportation jutsu.
 
“No I'm worse.” Then they disappeared in a poof of smoke, leaving the monument to its silent vigil over the past.