Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Drabbles ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Doubt
Author: Theablackthorn
For: Annamaemacleod
Rating: PG
Pairing: Asuma/Shikamaru
Warnings: BL
 
“Do you really want to do that?”
Shikamaru looked up at his one time sensei, finger's hovering over his chosen piece on the shogi board. An eyebrow arched as he watched the other man, familiar cigarette perched between his lip's, the dark scent infiltrating the room.
He narrowed his eyes, curious what the older man was getting at, “And why wouldn't I?”
“Well...”
Shikamaru took in the slight awkwardness that seemed to be infiltrating the room, Asuma's lip's tightening a little at the edges as his gaze remained on the board.
He withdrew his hand from it's floating position over the board, attention firmly focused on Asuma as he spoke quietly, “You are trying to dissuade me from my set path.”
When Asuma didn't reply to his comment, he sighed loudly shoulder's slumping, “Troublesome.”
Shikamaru studied Asuma's posture; his body was the most likely thing to give him away. His eye's narrowed on the man, that furrow that was always present between his brow's deepening as he contemplated, shifting the pieces of the puzzle that Asuma was building.
“Indeed, but sometimes you have to go against the grain.”
Shikamaru drew back from his hunched over position, straightening enough to look the older man in the, searching for the meaning in those words and seeing the slightest tell in rich umber orb's.
He watched as Asuma's hand came up to rub at the back of his neck, something was clearly bothering the jounin far more than he'd initially let on. Instead of broaching the subject, Shikamaru followed Asuma's train of thought, “True, but it is still troublesome.”
Asuma's head dipped low, finger's splitting around the cigarette between his lips. He took a deep draw before pulling it free, hand resting open his knee as the smoke curled sinuously upwards, dark eyes coming to rest on Shikamaru once more. “Hai...”
Shikamaru was growing steadily frustrated, his body uncomfortably taut as Asuma skirted around the subject. So, for once, Shikamaru took the direct approach. “Is something wrong, Asuma-sensei?”
Shikamaru watched as heavy lid's drifted over those dark eyes, shielding them from view as he spoke in a deep rumbling tone, “No, not as such, but...”
Shikamaru leant in, hands bracing on his knees as he came almost nose to nose with his sensei, breathing in the lingering scent of smoke and another, darker, earthier smell he associated with the jounin, “But, what?”
For once in his life Shikamaru hadn't seen something coming, the proximity played to Asuma's advantage in this much subtler game of strategy. Chapped lip's pressed in a fiercely tender kiss, their was pressure and need but also a sense of restraint in the way Asuma caressed his lips.
When the jounin withdrew Shikamaru let out a slow breath, shoulders returning to their familiar slump as though all his strings had been cut. A soft sigh easing past flushed lips, “Oh.”
Asuma looked directly at him, dark eyes piercing in their intensity as he retained that close ness, his posture intimated a need to dominate and yet his words spoke otherwise, “Is this a problem, Shikamaru?”
“No. Though you are a troublesome man.” Shikamaru let a small smile curl his lower lip, frown easing as his hands' fisted in a familiar jounin vest, pulling Asuma forward into a much more intense and hungry kiss filled with teeth, tongues and lips with the delicious brush of bristle covered skin that sent a warm pulse straight to his loins.
When Shikamaru's eyes opened against the heady press of arousal, it was to see Asuma's lips kick up into a smile, “Hmm, perhaps. But you like it.”
“Yes.”