Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto no eating my students! ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own.
Sorry for the long wait. I've started a new Naruto story that's AU but still set in the normal Naruto world, hope everyone likes it. Now to Sasuke's reaction to finding Naruto `dead'!
 
Chapter 9
 
 
Naruto held the mortal gently even as Sasuke went rigid in shock. The last thing he'd expected was for Sasuke to come into his room while he was asleep and to see him like that. He pulled Sasuke around so that they were facing each other, noticing the tear tracks and the wideness of Sasuke's eyes.
 
“It's okay Sasuke.” He soothed, gently stroking his back.
 
“Okay?” Sasuke choked.
“You were dead! No breathing, no pulse, nothing.” Sasuke tried to pull away but Naruto wouldn't let him. He ran his hand down Sasuke's face and only then realised he was soaked to the bone and freezing. He grabbed the blankets and pulled them up, wrapping them around the shivering teen, stalling for time. Should he tell him the truth or wipe his memories again?
 
“Shhhh...” He soothed, moving closer to share what warmth he had.
“What were you doing, having an ice shower?”
 
“Hangover, wanted to wake up.” Sasuke said around chattering teeth.
“What are you? What did you do to me?” Naruto froze.
 
“Sasuke?”
 
“Made me forget things. Brought me here. It hurts!” Sasuke grabbed his head in pain while Naruto stared at him in shock. He remembered? That had never happened before. He gently grasped Sasuke's face and the teen began to really fight him, trying to look away. A single tear fell as the room spun and went black.
 
Naruto gently wiped the tear from Sasuke's face, looking into the half closed dark eyes.
 
“What am I going to do now Sasuke?” He asked even though he knew he'd receive no answer. He brushed the wet hair away from Sasuke's face and sighed.
“Sasuke you're going to wake up in a minute but you're going to stay calm no matter what is said.” Naruto told him. He wanted Sasuke to know the truth, to truly accept him even though he doubted that would happen.
 
Sasuke blinked slowly. What had just happened? He stared at Naruto and realised he still remembered but he wasn't angry anymore, instead he felt calm and a bit sleepy.
 
“You were getting hysterical Sasuke, all I did was help calm you down.” Naruto assured him.
 
“How?” Sasuke swallowed.
“You're not human, are you?”
 
“I was once. I'm a vampire Sasuke.” Sasuke's eyes widened in shock, disbelief and fear. Naruto let his fangs extend and opened his mouth to prove it and felt Sasuke try to push him away.
“I won't hurt you Sasuke, I swear. Everything I've done has been to protect you.”
 
“You kidnapped me.”
 
“To save your life. There's a group of Hunters who make it their job to kill anyone not entirely human. They would have sensed me on you and killed you.” Naruto gently cupped Sasuke's face in one hand and smiled gently.
“I care about you Sasuke, I couldn't let you die like that.”
 
“I don't know…” The confusion and lingering fear in his eyes hurt but Naruto still smiled.
 
“It's okay.” He stood and lifted Sasuke from the bed, much to his surprise.
“You need to get dried off and then I think some more sleep, you can think about all this once you wake up more and are not fighting a hangover.” He set Sasuke down on the bathroom counter, stripped him and then dried him off. Sasuke tried to do it himself but his limbs were too heavy to move and it was getting harder and harder to keep his eyes open.
“A hangover plus shock, no wonder you're exhausted. Let's just hope you don't come down with a chill too.”
 
“Your fault if I do, messed with my head.” Sasuke yawned and let his head fall to rest against Naruto's shoulder.
 
“I know and I wish there had been another way.” Naruto said softly. He lifted Sasuke again and smiled when the teen snuggled close, resting his head over Naruto's heart.
 
“It's not beating.” He stated sleepily.
 
“Because you know so I'm not making it.” Naruto walked down the hall to Sasuke's room and gently placed him on the bed.
 
“Oh. I kissed you, didn't I?”
 
“Yes and it was a nice kiss.” Naruto smiled, Sasuke would be mortified if he remembered this when he woke up.
 
“That's good, never kissed anyone before.” Sasuke admitted as Naruto pulled the blankets up for him. The mortal was blinking slowly, trying to stay awake.
 
“Go to sleep Sasuke, we'll talk when you wake up.” Naruto gently stroked his hair and Sasuke sighed, leaning into the touch.
 
“Promise?” He murmured, mostly asleep.
 
“I promise.” He kept up the soothing motion until Sasuke was deeply asleep and then went back to his own bed wanting more sleep himself. Hopefully Sasuke wouldn't freak out again when he woke up and realised what he'd been living with for the last four months.
 
---------------------------------
Iruka watched Kakashi as he slept. He still hadn't woken but Iruka didn't want to wake him if he needed the sleep. But it would be nice to know if it had worked or not. He ran his fingers through silver hair, it was very soft despite the way it seemed to defy gravity. A sleepy murmur and Kakashi moving into his touch made him smile. Kakashi slowly blinked, staring up at him sleepily.
 
“How do you feel?” Iruka asked softly.
 
“Okay, bit tired.” Iruka leant down and kissed him gently.
“Did it work?”
 
“We'll have to wait and see. Hungry?”
 
“Not yet.” Kakashi moved closer and Iruka lay back down, wrapping him in his arms.
 
“Then go back to sleep.” He whispered. Kakashi cuddled into him and drifted back off. Iruka smiled, at least he was okay.
 
-------------------------------
Sasuke walked out into the kitchen and stopped to watch Naruto cook. Had it all been some weird messed up dream? No, he still had two sets of memories.
 
“Figured you'd be hungry since you slept for nearly twenty four hours.” Naruto said as he put the food on the table. Sasuke watched him warily, staying in the doorway.
“Sasuke…” Naruto looked away in pain at the expression on the teens face.
 
“I didn't dream it, did I?” Naruto shook his head.
“How do you know how to cook?” Sasuke eyed the food.
 
“I still eat Sasuke, you've seen me. I'll try to answer all your questions just please eat. Your systems had enough shocks, I don't want you to get sick as well.” Sasuke sat down slowly and began to eat.
 
“Its daylight.” He said, puzzled, and Naruto smiled.
 
“That's mostly myth, daylight is deadly for the first few years but after that we gain an immunity. I still prefer to sleep during the day but I can go out. And I even eat garlic.”
 
“Why did you come to the school?”
 
“Because Iruka asked me to, he was worried about you and I could never say no to him.”
 
“You know Mr. Umino?”
 
“For the last one hundred and thirty two years. I found him wandering the streets as a teenager and took him in.”
 
“He's a…like you?” Sasuke asked, unable to say the actual word.
 
“No, not sure what he is actually but he is immortal.”
 
“Oh. Do you…well, do you drink blood?” Sasuke asked nervously.
 
“Every few days.” Naruto told him calmly.
 
“Have you ever…bitten me?” Sasuke swallowed as he asked.
 
“No. If I had you'd be a vampire or dead. All it takes to change someone is a bite and for them to still have some blood to carry the venom.”
 
“So when you feed you kill.” Sasuke said softly, a look of horror spreading across his face. Naruto looked down. Sasuke pushed his plate away, no longer hungry.
 
“Yes. But I don't just randomly feed; I target the scum of society, murderers, paedophiles, and those sorts.” Naruto defended himself.
 
“This is crazy.”
 
“Welcome to reality.” Naruto said sadly.
 
“Why didn't you just leave me at home for those hunters to kill?” Sasuke asked suddenly, staring at him.
 
“Because you're my friend and I care about you, a lot.” Sasuke shook his head.
 
“I don't know what to believe.” He said softly, looking away.
“Can I ever go home?”
 
“Eventually, if you want to.” Naruto told him even though it hurt.
“When the Hunters move on an all clear will be given, it'll be safe then.”
 
“Will you go back?”
 
“No, the town's too small to support or hide my feeding for long, I was already having to travel before we left.”
 
`Oh. How…how old are you?”
 
“Bit over two centuries, Uzumaki is my actual last name.” Sasuke frowned and then his eyes widened.
 
“The old mansion, you're the son.”
 
“Yeah, I was staying there while attending school.”
 
“Explains why we never went to your place. Can you…what really happened?”
 
“There was a party and I caught someone's eye. He tried to get me to go with him and I refused. So he killed my family and turned me. First chance I got I ran.” Naruto explained briefly.
 
“My brother killed my family and I still don't know why. I went to see him before…he wouldn't tell me why or why he spared me. I hate him…but I still love him.” Sasuke said quietly. Naruto put his hand over Sasuke's and squeezed gently.
 
“You can't let that control your life, if you do then he wins.” Naruto told him. Sasuke looked up at him and nodded slowly before frowning.
 
“How old am I? It's all jumbled.”
 
“Seventeen. I added two years worth of memories.” Sasuke nodded.
 
“Can you remove them?” Naruto blinked.
 
“Could you trust me to?” He asked softly and Sasuke looked away in thought.
 
“Yes.” He finally said firmly.
“They're confusing and, well…you want to be friends or whatever and I think we were before? They need to go.” Naruto nodded.
 
“When?” He asked, surprised but pleased that Sasuke trusted him to do this.
 
“Now?” Naruto nodded and stood, leading Sasuke into the living room. He sat on the couch and motioned for Sasuke to sit beside him but turned so that they were facing each other. The teen swallowed nervously.
 
“It's okay, you won't feel a thing.” Naruto gently cupped his face with his hands, making direct eye contact and Sasuke relaxed, face going slack. He gently searched the teens mind, removing the commands, controls and the fake memories. Once sure he had removed them all he pulled back from Sasuke's mind and woke him gently. Sasuke blinked and then swayed dizzily. Naruto pushed him back so he was lying down.
“Take it easy for a few minutes.” Sasuke looked up at him.
 
“I…”
 
“Shh, just relax.” He brushed Sasuke's hair out of his eyes and smiled.
“You need a hair cut.”
 
“It worked?” Sasuke asked slowly.
 
“Do you remember moving here?” Sasuke thought about it and then shook his head.
“Then it worked.” He raised an eyebrow as Sasuke suddenly blushed.
 
“I really kissed you.” He whispered, mortified.
 
“You were drunk Sasuke. Alcohol lowers your inhibitions.” Naruto shrugged.
 
“You kissed me back, were you drunk?” Naruto swallowed.
 
“No, I kissed you because I wanted to. If you hadn't passed out…”
 
“I've never…I don't know…” Sasuke buried his head in his hands.
 
“Sasuke it's okay. It doesn't have to mean anything unless you want it to. We can forget it as a drunken mistake if that's what you want.” Naruto told him even though he knew he would never forget.
 
“I don't know! You're, well, a vampire and a lot older than me. First person I kiss isn't even human…I just don't know what to feel or do.” Sasuke looked at him, eyes filled with pain.
 
“Kiss me. You're not drunk now. If you don't like it or feel something then we forget it. If you do we figure things out from there.”
 
“Kiss you?” Sasuke's eyes widened comically.
 
“Mmm hmm.” Sasuke licked his lips nervously as Naruto moved closer.
“Or maybe I should kiss you.”
 
TBC…