Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto......SISTER?!?!?!? ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A heavy mist settled on the village as Naruto and his friends talked and asked questions of the woman who said she was Naruto's sister unbeknownst to them and the rest of the village a large shadow was making its way towards the gates leading into Konoha the Joninnin guards stood to attention on either side scanning the dirt path. Wet grass and leaves shifted in the dark, the shadow resolved itself into that of an old man hunched over with a large pack on his back and a walking stick in his right hand, which he leaned on heavily.
“Who goes there.” The guard on the left of the gate his partner tensed shifting her feet into a fighting stance but left her arms at her sides.
“Oi,” the old mans raspy voice called back, “ I do apologize for my late visit I meant to be here by sun down but alas these old bones don't work do good any more.” He lifted his head looking at the man who had halted him. His face was craggy and lined heavily, gray eyes with cataracts gazed at the shinobi and wrinkled hands grasped the stick hard to keep up right. His clothes were worn and dusty in the old style hario and kimono of dark brown with a gray swirl pattern all over the hario, the sandals weren't much better the blue had long since faded to a dingy rust color and the soles were thin.
“ You're out late oldster what business do you have in the village.” The woman spoke as the man toke the pack from the old man and began looking though it. They had gone though to much in past to just allow anyone to walk into the village especially this late at night.
The contents consisted of a bed roll 2 food boxes filled with rice balls some protein bars and several canteens of water a first aid kit and an extra change of clothes spare sandals and a pursue of money mostly coins. The shinobi stood up hoisting the pack off the ground. While he searched the old mans pack the female shinobi continued to watch the old man cautiously waiting for his reply.
“I am trying to record the history of Fire County for the Daimyo.” His smile reveled missing front teeth his lips curved and his eyes disappeared in the folds of his skin.
“My name is Achati Muru, is there an Inn I could go to and rest these old feet of mine young lady?” To make his point more clear he slumped onto the rock he was standing beside.
“ Shinizu-kun call Mizi and ask him to lead Muru-chan to the Inn district.” The woman instructed the other shinobi.
“Hai.” Shinizu nodded zipping into the air and moments later retuning with Mizi a fellow joninnin he was taller then the other two by a few inchs he nodded at Muru and took his pack from the old man helping him off the rock at the same time.
“ Follow me Muru-san I can take you to a good place to rest.” His baritone voice was kind and the arm he gave the old man to lean on helpful.
 
Flame of Heart Inn Achati's room
 
 
A ghost of a smile crossed the old mans face as he waved from his door way to the retreating back of Mizi-san the shinobi raised a hand but with his back turned he missed the glint that entered the old mans eyes and then was swiftly shoved down. He closed the door quietly scanning the room and grinned again as his senses picked out the jutsu's placed in the room.
“ ` So Konoha has become distrustfully. That is good but it will not matter.'” He formed the apporperaiate seals in his mind.
“ ` They can watch all they want they will see only what I want them to see.'”
 
Out the Gates of Konoha
 
ANBU patrolled the woods surrounding the village, the threat from Orochimro had not diminished and Akatsuki was still out there but strangely quiet. Missions continued to pour into the Hokage's office and life went on.
Friends and lovers tried to make the moments last as long as possibly when together all unaware of the traitor in there mist who's plans for a certain blonde haired shinobi about to be enacted.