Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Neji and Tenten: 100 love stories ❯ The Date ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Neji and Tenten: 100 stories of Love

By Fennec Fox Girl

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

Chapter 33: The Date


Last Time:

"Okay, well, let's go get something to eat!" he said happily, dragging Tenten along.

"Wait, Neji, I'm not dressed for a date!!" she yelled, her voice dissapearing in the distance.

And then there was all that stuff with Kakashi and the perverted book and everything but let's skip that and get to the good part.

"Okay, Neji....your in charge. Where to?" she asked, looking around Konoha at the different shops.

"Well, are you hungry yet?" he asked her.

"Mmm, not really....hey, let's go shopping!" Tenten ran to one of her favorite clothing stores and began to search the shelves and racks.

Neji watched from a distance, seeing Tenten try on shirts after shirts and many other clothes. 'She's so cute when she's happy like this.' Neji thought to himself.

"Hey, Neji!" Tenten called out to him. "Do you like this shirt better on me, or this shirt?" she asked, holding them both out in front of herself.

'How about no shirt?' Neji smirked to himself and then thought about which shirt would go better on her.

There was a sunny orange shirt that hugged her curves. It ended a little bit above her belly button and it had strings dangling on the sides with little charms on them.

The other shirt was a pink shirt that had two slits in each sleeve. On the shirt it had two red hearts with sparkly crystals in the middle.

"Well, how about I just get you both of them?" Neji suggested, getting out his wallet to check how much money he had broughten with him.

Tenten's eyes grew wide and sparkly. "Really? Thank you so much, Neji!!" She latched onto his neck tightly.

"Tenten--need air, Tenten-" Neji grabbed at the air rappidly, suffocating under Tenten's massive hugging strength.

She then let him go, watching him flutter to the ground.

"C'mon, let's go, Neji!" she pulled him to the cash register, where he bought her both shirts.

After Neji purchased both shirts, Tenten pulled him along to the pet shop, where little kitties were mewing from behind the glass windows.

"Aww, that one's so cute!!" Tenten pointed down at this cute little orange kitten that had light orange fur and dark orange stripes going down it's back.

Neji knew he was going to regret asking this, but he did anyway.

"Do you want it?" he asked, but Tenten was already speeding down the road to the next shop.

"Wait for me, Tenten!" Neji called out, catching up with her.

"C'mon, there is a place I want to see with you!" she smiled at him, making his heart pound and his face flush.

Tenten led Neji to a part of the town where you could see the hills beyond Konoha and the setting sun.

Other people were there too, mostly couples though.

"Hahaha!" Tenten giggled as she ran to the edge of the cliff that was guarded with a rail.

Tenten's hair blew in the wind, revealing her chocolate eyes from under her bangs.

The sun was slowly setting behind the trees in the far distance.

In the bright of the sun, Tenten looked so beautiful to Neji.

He was about to say something to her, but his stomach beat him to it, growling loudly.

Tenten looked back at him.

"Well, looks like someones hungry!" she said as she walked up to him.

"Want to get something to eat now?" she asked.

"I know a great place that has really good food."

Neji nodded his head and let Tenten lead him to the resturant or wherever she was taking him.

They arrived at this oriental styled food restuarant.

"This place has great food, and it's not that expensive, either." Tenten stated proudly as she entered the restuarant.

"Ah, Tenten-san! You return! How good it is to see you!" The woman behind the register called out.

"Miwa-san!" Tenten ran up to her and gave her a hug.

This woman was about a little shorter than Tenten.

She had her hair pulled back in a bun and she had tiny glasses on her nose. She wore a black kimono with gold flowers designed in it.

"Please, please, call me Atsuko! Your like part of my family. No need for formal stuff." Atsuko smiled, bringing some wrinkles to her face.

Neji stood behind them both, totally un-noticed. "Oh, my! I'm sorry! Tenten is this your boyfriend?" Atsuko asked, studying Neji.

"Well, were on a date now, so it could go both ways." She smiled happily and grabbed onto Neji's arm. "I think he will end up being my boyfriend, though!"

"My, my, kids these days. How about I give you two lovebirds a nice little table by the window that lets you see out into the pond outback?" Atsuko asked them both.

"Sure. Thank you, Miwa-san." Neji bowed and then followed her and Tenten to their table.

"Okay, I'll be back in a few minutes, but until then, make yourselves comfortable!" Atsuko then made her way off to the front desk, leaving Neji and Tenten by themselves.

"So, Neji...thanks for coming here with me." she said, finally calming down.

"Oh, it was nothing." he replied to her, looking out of the window at the pond. "But your welcome."

A couple of ducks were swimming in it. The pond had a fountain in the center, and grass lights spread around it lit up the night, making it a beautiful scene.

A few moments later, Atsuko arrived again to take their order.

Neji and Tenten ate and laughed and talked and enjoyed the rest of the night.

"Thanks again, Atsuko!" Tenten called to her as they left the restuarant.

Neji and Tenten walked down the path towards the park that was still occupied by many people, mostly teens.

The moon was high up in the night sky, and surprisingly many people were still outside.

Before they reached the park, Tenten stopped Neji by standing in front of him.

"Neji, thank you so much for everything that you've given me tonight. These shirts are awsome, and the dinner was fantastic."

Neji blushed lightly.

"Oh, your welcome. Anytime, 'kay?" he smiled at her.

"Kay." Tenten said back, and then she pulled her lips up to his, gently kissing him again and again.

She then pulled back, leaving Neji stunned.

"There's your thank you gift, Neji." Neji brought his hand up to his lips, making sure that actually happened.

Tenten then began to skip happily towards her apartment.

Neji then realized she was leaving.

"W-Wait, Tenten! I'll walk you home, or rather, skip with you home!!"

"Catch me if you can, Nejiii!!" Tenten sang out, dancing under the moonlight.

A/N: I really apologize for the sucky ending but I was in a rush. I wont be able to update for about a week and a half cause I'm going to Boston for vacation before school, so I'm sorry! please review!!