Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Neokoji's Legacy ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

#1 Making the grade
 
Koji has been up for the last five hours waiting for his chance to join the academy as one of the students not just a citizen. He is sitting in the middle of the arena floor wearing his grey and blue gi. Finally the time has come. A man with brown hair down to his chin walks up to Ryukoji and sits beside him.
 
Haru: Koji what are you doing here?
Koji: I am waiting, the test will begin soon.
Haru: (stands up) you'll do fine. Don't worry about it so much.
Koji: if I don't make it that would mean I'd bring a lot of shame on myself.
Haru: you aren't your brother or dad, you are you.
 
Haru walks away and within the hour many more students start to show up. Most of them Koji recognizes as his class mates but some are unfamiliar faces. As more and more people show up Koji gets more and more unstable about waiting. After another hour the judges finally begin to call groups of people out by name to go to certain places for the training. As the day continues many of the people that came into the arena are sent away. After the last person is seen leaving, just fourteen people are still in the arena one of them being Koji.
 
Haru: you will have a half hour before the last part of the test begins we suggest you try to keep what energy you have left.
 
Koji starts to look around for any of his class mates that also have progressed this far in the test and notices three of them. The first is like his rival, Breng he has almost the same abilities as Koji which puts them in a tie situation constantly. The other two are girls Juri, who is talking to other while moving some of her light blue hair from her face. The other girl a transfer student from the east Cari is listening to Juri and smiling as Juri says something about Breng and he quickly turns around and starts arguing with Juri. Koji walks over to them and breaks up Breng and Juri.
 
Koji: it's good to see you guys.
Breng: ha I thought you'd be out of the test by now.
Koji: watch yourself sloth!
Breng: wanna go right now butter fingers.
Cari: (pushes her violet hair from her face) what are they talking about?
Juri: Koji is faster the Breng so Breng is a sloth and Breng was graded higher in the skill test so Koji is butter fingers.
 
A different master walks into the arena his one eye only half opened because a scar over the eye his spiky blonde hair all down.
 
Gaddo: alright let's go! The last test is this, hit her
 
Master Gaddo points towards the rafters as a person drops to the ground and lands perfectly on her feet and the person is revealed as the fourth master; Master Fau. The rumors in the entire town is that Master Fau is faster than even a bolt of lightning and her ability in the lightning arts is second only to Grand Master Lee. Gaddo blows a whistle and everyone begins to try to hit Master Fau but to no avail they all miss for over twenty minutes they continue to try to hit her but they continue to miss. Finally Gaddo blows the whistle again and he asks all the people if anyone got a hit on her. Two people step forward both sixteen years old the first is Shen his usually spiked red hair laying flat across his face. The second is Zenka student who was constantly being told about his potential his dark green hair still spiked to the side because his head band.
 
Gaddo: is this true Fau they hit you?
Fau: nobody hit me.
Zenka: miss we didn't hit you but we did catch you.
 
Both Zenka and Shen hold up their hand and show that they were so close that they torn through the jacket that Master Fau is wearing.
 
Fau: well I'll be!
Gaddo: that's the closest in a long time but it wasn't actually a hit.
Haru: (walks up) to be truthful that wasn't even a test, we just needed the time to assess the information we received form the test to rank you and place you in your groups. That's right you all have passed the test.