Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Neokoji's Legacy ❯ Chapter 24

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The End for One
 
After all being knocked down Rykeno is the first one to slowly get up then Neo. Rykeno takes his blades off his hip belt and puts them on and raises them above his head. “Apollo's Blades” the blades begin to glow a fiery orange.
 
Neo: you won't get me with those
Koji: ……………………….
Rykeno: I have faith.
 
Rykeno runs at Neo who is already set to dodge the attack and let him tire out. Suddenly Koji has Neo's leg so he can't move. Neo begins to kick him to get him off but he won't let go. Rykeno goes to stab Neo in the chest but he catches his wrists and stops him. Neo sweeps his feet with one leg and then puts his foot on Rykeno's chest and jumps off of him getting free of Koji and taking the Apollo Blades from Rykeno. Neo throws the blades on the ground and charges at the finally risen Koji. They both do the same kick and both connect pushing each other back. Neo swings and misses then Koji tries a quickly jab that is blocked. Neo slams his fist into the side of Koji's head making him turn just enough for Neo to capture both of Koji's arms. With both his arms wrenched behind him Koji can't even move until Neo finally jumps up and dropkicks Koji in the top of his back. Neo tears off Koji's sleeves in the process. Rykeno runs at Neo and as Neo swings Rykeno falls back and drop kicks Neo right in the leg making him loose his balance and Koji flips to his feet and connects with a running backflip kick to Neo's falling face. Neo flips backward his face misting blood into the air and lands on his face.
 
Koji: now just stay down why don't ya?
Rykeno: I think that may have done it.
 
Neo slowly rises to his feet.
 
Neo: my……sons……….help me…………kill me……..please…………..
Koji: what is he talking about?
Rykeno: something isn't right anyhow his skill was never Hero Shadow.
Neo: quickly kill me……before he wakes back up…DO IT NOW!!!!
 
Koji runs to Rykeno's blades and picks one up and puts it on. Meanwhile Rykeno is trying to make sense of the situation.
 
Rykeno: father what kind of trick is this.
Neo: Rykeno it is you duty I have done so many bad things because of that man inside me. You must finish me now he will wake up soon.
Rykeno: who will wake up!?
Neo: Akuma!!!
 
Rykeno freezes his whole body won't move. Akuma was an evil ninja who had killed thousands upon thousands of people in his conquest to rid the world of the weak. To any religion he would be the embodiment of the devil on the planet. No one ever told him what his father's last mission was; he went off to kill Akuma. Koji returns with the blades.
 
Koji: Rykeno what's wrong?
Rykeno: (shaking) …………………………̷ 0;………..
Neo: Ryukoji!!! Quickly; end my life now!!!!
 
Koji also begins to shake but with anger. He charges forward to stab him and he suddenly catches the blades again. Koji grunts and tries his best to get the blades into his chest. He looks into his eyes and the whole face has changed from his normal skin pigment to a darker color and dark red eyeballs with no pupils.
 
Rykeno: Koji get out of there it's Akuma!!!
Koji: the devil?
Akuma: hello boy.
 
Akuma blows Koji away with a blast of so evil an energy that black fire burns Koji's shirt. Jin and Cari finally wake up after exhausting all their energy on Koji. Akuma walks forward straight at the downed Koji he hand raised inspecting his razor sharp nails. Koji is completely paralyzed from the black fire that blow up in his face.
 
Koji: brother……………………
 
Rykeno suddenly snaps out of his shock and charges at Akuma with amazing speed and takes the Apollo Blade from Koji in a flash and drives it into Akuma's gut and drives him back towards the cliff edge of the island. Akuma takes his claw like nails and drives them into Rykeno's chest and twists making Rykeno cough up a lot of blood. The Apollo Blade begins to glow in Akuma's stomach; Rykeno looks into Akuma's evil eyes, “Soul Steal, Forbidden Skill!” Akuma goes to slash open Rykeno's throat and he suddenly can't move. Rykeno raise his other hand feeling the greatest source of fire in the galaxy the sun.
 
Rykeno: (smiling weakly) I will miss you, brother.
Koji: what are you talking about!?
 
Rykeno begins to send off more heat waves that he did before and his hand suddenly is holding a large ball of hissing white hot fire.
 
Koji: no, don't you can't
Rykeno: (thrusts his hand toward the ground) bye…….
 
The explosion is blinding and when the smoke clears that whole part of the cliff is gone and the remaining pieces scorched and still burning.
 
The next week a funeral was held for Neokoji and Rykeno. Master Haru said as rain began to fall during the service, “Even the Heavens mourn the great loss this day.”