Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ninja Power ❯ A Dirty Little Secret Reveiled ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ninja Power
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto or any of the characters or songs used in this fanfic


A/N: Yeah, I know this fanfic really sucks but I made a commitment to finish it so, sadly I must continue. *sigh* Please review even if it is a flame to tell me I suck as a writer.


“Neji! What are you doing in here!?” Brit cried pulling her wrists to her chest in a desperate attempt to hide what she was doing. Neji just stood staring blankly at her, his eyes scanning her entire body. She had changed when she got back to the hotel and instead of her heavy, long sleeved clothing; she was now dressed in a tank top and short shorts. Slowly, it dawned on her that her bleeding wrists weren’t what the Hyuga boy was staring at. Instead, the old scars and bruises littered her figure that was the center of his focus.


“What happened?” Neji asked locking eye contact with Brit.


“Its nothing Neji I’m fine”


“Damn it if you were fine you wouldn’t be sitting in here cutting yourself!”


“Shhhh, not so loud! What if someone hears you?”


“I want them to hear me damn it. Now tell me what happened before I shake it out of you” Neji stepped into the bathroom to punctuate his threat. Brit flinched slightly and backed up towards the wall.


“Really Neji, its nothing. Please, just go to bed. I’m fine.”


Neji felt like he was about to snap. Why did she always do this? She would never tell him anything. She always kept her emotions to herself. Why wouldn’t she just let him help her? Neji could feel frustration bubbling up in his chest. He stepped forward and pulled Brit up by her upper arms. “Damn it all Brit, why won’t you let me help you?”


“Because you’re never there when I need your help!” she screamed back. Tears were now cascading down her cheeks. Her words hit Neji hard. He lowered her back down into the sitting position before kneeling down in front on her. Slowly, he reached his hand forward to wipe away her tears. She flinched away and closed her eyes. “Brit” whispered Neji quietly. “I’m sorry, please, tell me what’s wrong. I’m here now and I want to help you.” He gently cupped her cheek in the palm of his hand and pulled her forward towards him. “Let me help you Brit.” He whispered tenderly pressing his lips to hers.


This is what Neji had been waiting for, to have Brit near him and to taste her sweetness. This was his heaven on earth. It ended all too soon, when Brit pulled away. “Stop Neji, this isn’t right. I’m Itachi’s girlfriend now.”


“What does that have to do with anything? I don’t see him here worried about you. Does he even know about all those bruises you have?” Neji asked. Brit turned her head to look away as a realization slowly dawned on him. “He knows about them doesn’t he? He knows because he’s the one who gave them to you. He’s been hitting you hasn’t he?” Again, silence from Brit was the same as an affirmative. Rage flowed through Neji’s veins as he turned away from the golden haired girl. ‘He hits her. He hits her. He hits her.’ echoed repeatedly in his mind. As the words echoed, the tension within him grew; he began slamming his fists into the wall. All he could do was think about getting back at Itachi, hurting him as much as he had hurt his Brit. It’d be a cold day in hell before he’d ever let that bastard hurt his girl again.


“Neji! Stop, you’re bleeding!” Brit yelled grabbing his arm. Neji stared blankly at her for a moment before pulling her against him. Brit rested against him a moment before trying to gently push him away. “Don’t Neji, this isn’t right.” She whispered softly.


“What's wrong with two friends hugging?” asked Neji pulling her back a little more tightly against him.


“Neji, you know I can’t just be your friend.”


“Then be my girlfriend again. You can leave Itachi. You can’t seriously say you’re happy with him!”


“I can’t leave him Neji.”


“Why the hell not?”


“Because of what he’ll do to you and the others. Don’t you think I’ve tried getting away from him? Itachi doesn’t like losing his things. As far as he’s concerned I’m his property and I don’t leave until he says I can.”


Neji bite down hard on the inside of his mouth. Kami he wanted to kill this fucking prick. “Brit, do you really think that letting him hurt you will keep the rest of us safe? Speaking for myself, I’d rather die than see you hurt like this. You damn idiot, the pain I feel seeing you like this is a thousand times worse than death.”


“It’s not that simple Neji.” Her head dropped and tears began falling on her knees. Neji let out a frustrated sigh, and stared at Brit with a helpless look in his eyes. He stood up and pulled a bottle of peroxide, bandages, and cotton balls out of the medicine cabinet.

"You're an idiot..." he muttered.

"Oh, thanks for making me feel so much better!" Brit practically hissed as Neji knelt back down. The Hyuuga ignored that, and wiped her tears away.

"No more crying, Brit," he whispered, pressing his forehead against hers. "I'm here, now. I'll protect you."

"Neji..." Brit murmured, feeling slightly warmer. She hadn't felt this way in years. She watched Neji as he cleaned her self-inflicted injuries. "I missed you..." she didn't managed to say that out loud.”But I'm afraid of what he'll do to you if you don't stay away."

"There, I'm finished," Neji announced as he finished wrapping Brit's left wrist.

"Don't..." Brit whispered, bowing her head; Neji narrowed his eyes.

"Brit-"

"No! Don't tell anyone, please!" Brit cut him off. "If they know, I'll be killed!" Neji stared at her with wide eyes. She was afraid... Scared out of her mind. That look of fear in her eyes was something Neji had never seen before. Just looking at her as she was now caused Neji's blood to boil. Why would that Uchiha bastard do this to her?!

Neji had to swallow the lump forming in his throat. "Fine... I promise I won't tell anyone of this..." he finally said. Brit looked relieved at his promise. "But... you're going to have to do something for me." Neji stood and turned his back to her. "If you can not do this, I'll tell everyone..."

"Neji...!"

"All you have to do is break up with him," Neji continued. Brit looked at him as if he was insane.

"But I already told that-"

"And I already told you that I'd protect you!" Neji interrupted. Brit covered her mouth to cover a gasp that was threatening to come out. Neji Hyuuga was serious. Not that he wasn't ever serious, but he actually sounded as if he'd kill Itachi! Brit's eyes started stinging again. Soon, the tears came again.

"N-Neji..." her voice cracked as she stood. She stumbled over to the Hyuuga, and wrapped her arms around him, burying her head into his back. Neji was tense at first, surprised by her actions, but he relaxed as she tightened her hold. "A-Arigatou!" Neji placed his hand over one of Brit's arms. He pried her arm away, and turned around. Brit looked up at him in surprise, tears still falling.

"Brit," he whispered, gently touching her cheek, he kissed her lips. Brit's eyes widen in slight surprise. This feeling... she remembered it all too clearly. She used to feel this all the time, the feeling of warmth, protection...and love. Neji moved his hand from Brit's cheek to her back. He pulled her closer. "I need you," he said, and then kissed her again. Brit slowly closed her eyes and kissed her former boyfriend back.

"I need you, too," she thought, wrapping her arms around Neji's neck. They stayed together for a few moments, kissing and holding each other before Neji finally spoke. “I want you to promise me if he hits you again to come to me.”


“Alright, I promise, but you have to swear not to tell anyone about this. Not about Itachi or that I’m cutting myself again.” Brit replied pulling back to stare into Neji’s eyes with a determined look.


“Again? What do you mean again?”


“Don’t worry about it. Just swear you won’t tell anyone.”


“I swear.”


“On Hizashi-san’s grave?”


“I swear on my father’s grave I won’t tell anyone about this.”


Brit was visibly relieved but it only lasted for a moment. “You have to get out of here Neji.” She began shoving him towards the door. “If Itachi catches you in here it’ll be hell for both of us.” Reluctantly, Neji exited the hotel room, pausing to place a kiss on the golden haired girl on the forehead.


“Goodnight, Brit-chan”


“Night Neji”


Neji kept smiling until the door the door was completely closed, and then his face fell. He felt overwhelmed by all that had just happened. All he knew now was the he needed a long night’s sleep before he could figure this situation out. He walked down the hall and into his room, never noticing the icy, unforgiving onyx eyes that stared daggers into his back.


A/N: Another chapter down. Thanks for reading everyone! Please review! I do accept anonymous reviews!