Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ No Dice ❯ Chapter 1 - Snake Eyes ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey guys! I thought you might want yet another Naruto fic, so here! *deposits huge volume of random words about Naruto* Although, it did take me a long time to write this. This is like the third version of the same fic. I couldn't make up my mind about it. Anyway (…must…stop…rambling…), I give this to you. For you to read. Whenever you like *collective gasp* *cheering*. This is my first Naruto fic, and my first fic that's not a CYOA. I'm not that far along in it; I follow along in the manga and Shonen Jump, so forgive me if I get something weird or wrong. Just for your information:

i luvs kakashi *hugs pic of Kakashi* i also luvs iruka *hugs pic of Iruka* ^^^^^^;;;;;

Now you know a little about me. ^_^; But enough of my ramblings; here is the reason you clicked on the title!

 

Disclaimer - I don't own Naruto. I might wish I do, but, alas, I do not. *snaps fingers* shucks.

Italics - thoughts

( )author's note

** sound effects and random insertions

` ` other person's thoughts

 

No Dice

Chapter 1 - Snake Eyes

 

It was a fine spring day. Or was it…? Enoki nonchalantly walked down the path in the park, headed toward her favorite spot to sit and draw. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and her best friend's kid brothers were out of her hair for a whole 4 hours. *sigh* Life was good. She arrived at the giant Weeping Willow which was her domain, of sorts, and sat down to contemplate and sketch. She opened her broken-in sketchbook that her friends had given her for her seventeenth birthday eight years ago, and she had only a few more pages to go before she would move on to the new one she bought the day before. Her eyes scanned through the various sketches, chuckling over her drawings from years ago. The wind picked up and blew her hair in front of her eyes. She tucked it behind her ear and started sketching.

About an hour and a half later, the wind really started to get fierce, and Enoki looked up from her book to glance around and take a break. She leaned back against the tree and stretched. She felt really sleepy for some reason. Maybe I'll close my eyes for a few minutes… she thought. I'm already starting to go cross-eyed anyway. She put her head back and closed her eyes.

When she woke, the sun was just peeking over the horizon. WHAT?!?!?! How the freak did I sleep that long?! Oh crap! The guys!! She scrambled up, shoving her sketchbook and pencils into her bag. She darted away; running in what she thought was the direction of her car. But…something was wrong. The forest was too thick. She slowed down to a jog, suspiciously looking at the forest around her. This isn't the park. Where am I? If this is somebody's idea of a practical joke… She wandered farther, slowing to a walk. I'd better see if I can find a town or something; this is kinda freaky. She shivered and continued to walk. Enoki watched her feet, looking where she was stepping. Then she looked up. What the fudgecicle? She had come across two massive doors, with a massive wall to match flowing out from them. She stared at the symbols, then slowly walked up and looked for a knocker or something cause, hey, when you're lost in who-knows-where, doors this big with a huge friken wall around them HAVE to have something good behind them, right? (well…here they do) She was still searching for a knocker or something when a little door on the side opened. A head was poked out, and Enoki wondered why in the world someone would wear a metal plate on his forehead. But hey. Who am I to judge? She waved at him. "Hey! Can you let me in?" The head popped back into the door, then popped back out a second later.

"Sure! But before you enter, where are you from?" The guy asked.

Enoki sighed. "Thanks. I'm from New York City."

The guy frowned. "Where? I don't know that place."

Enoki looked at him. "Oh, uhhh…It's a really big city in America."

He looked confused still. "Ooookay. Well, maybe the Hokage knows where that is. Come in, and I'll point you in the right direction."

Enoki smiled. "Thanks again."

She stepped through the door, and was enthralled by the huge village that was before her. It was a city, but with an older flavor. She gazed around in awe, completely entranced.

She was snapped out of her reverie by the guy tapping her shoulder. "Hey."

She looked at him. "Okay, wow. This place is awesome!"

He grinned. "I know. Isn't it great? But anyway, you need to get to the Hokage's office. All you have to do is walk down the main street about four blocks, and it's on the left. Can't miss it."

She looked down the way. "Hey, thanks again. Take a care!" She waved at him and started off.

 

During this entire episode, a certain Jonin was being unmercifully berated by a certain ramen-loving genin. Kakashi of the Sharingan Eye had told Naruto that if he didn't argue with Sasuke for a whole day, Kakashi would buy him ramen at the Ichiraku. Naruto shut up like a clam. Not even provocation from Sasuke could break him. Except right before his time was up. Sasuke had egged him to no end. Naruto was finally fed up with him and argued about his training. Sakura quietly snickered, and Sasuke smirked behind his hand. Kakashi sighed, and now Naruto was begging him to treat him anyway, seeing as he was doing really really good right up to the last second or so, and it just wasn't fair.

Breaking down under the relentless torment of the 13-yr-old, Kakashi relented. "Fine, Naruto."

"YESSSSSSS!!!!! Ramen bar, here I come!!!" Exclaimed the triumphant rookie. Taking off, he was long gone before Kakashi could tell him that he could only get one bowl. He rolled his eyes, and started off at a lazy walk.

 

Meanwhile, Enoki was ambling down the street, watching the people go in and out of the buildings and stores. She was in no hurry; responsibility can wait. This is just too friggen cool! But, alas, it was not meant to be. As she was strolling down the way, she was barreled into by a very fast-moving kid, with big blue eyes, blond hair and a penchant for orange. She met pavement and skidded about ten feet before she came to a halt with the little orange kid knocked out across her back. Holy rollers! Ow… And she faded out.

 

Kakashi was starting to catch up to Naruto, and could easily spot him in his bright orange outfit. `He's gonna get hurt.' Then, just like it was fate, he watched as Naruto plowed into a person walking on the sidewalk. `Oh, man…' He ran over and pulled Naruto up. *@_@* "Naruto, what were you thinking?" Then he looked down.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

 

Hey!, So… whaddya think? A little different, huh? I know Kakashi's a little OOC, but I'm trying. Gimme a break. Jeez. But I promise it'll get better. I write during school and afterwards. AND I vow to try not to be so random in my updating. And I shall do my best to flesh out everything. I just hate intros. >.<;; But anyway. Maybe I should start on the next chapter…? Yeah. So here you are, and I'll look for you in the next part of the adventure! Oh, and the ninja who opened the gate? I named him `Random Ninja'.

E1 - ^_^

Reader - ~.~**

Ciao!