Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ On Luck Alone ❯ On Luck Alone ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.
 
Summary: Tenten thinks she's gotten by a lot with luck. Neji doesn't think so.
 
On Luck Alone
 
Tenten never knew parents. One day, she floated down a stream and the people in the village loved her on sight (luck, and an innocent face). She had no mother, no father - only a plethora of aunts, uncles, and cousins (luck, and a pleasing manner).
 
When she was eight, they were killed. She had been out gathering berries for desert (luck, and a need to please.)
 
She sought near and far for the murderers, and her search brought her to the gates of Konohagurake (luck, and a truly dreadful sense of direction).
 
They, too, accepted her (luck, and sincerity), she got through Ninja School (luck and innate skill), got assigned to a team with the Hyuuga prodigy (amazing amounts of luck), and a boy named Lee. Not so lucky, she thought, until she got to know him. Then she knew it was luck.
 
Then they passed the Chuunin exams (luck and practice), and then the Jounin Exams (more luck than she thought she had), and then they were ANBU (luck and bruises and blood).
 
And then, almost without knowing it, she and Neji were falling in love, and that, she was sure, was luck. How else could she get someone as wonderful and intelligent and good looking as Neji?
 
She told him so one day.
 
He said it wasn't luck.
 
It was fate.