Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills ❯ Festival Morning ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ahh, inspiration drying up. it needs a can of love soup. Hmm, soup...clam chowder yum.

Chapter 11: Festival Morning
Saturday morning.
Taki screamed. Kakashi poofed in the room. He scanned the room and the surrounding of the house.
Nothing looked wrong.
“Taki its too early to scream. Screaming is only for nighttime,” Kakashi put his shuriken away. “Did you have a nightmare?”
Kakashi sat down on the bed. Taki shook her head.
“Today's the festival right?”
He nodded sleepily.
“I need to get a yukata. We don't have much time! Hurry Uncle, time to do some shopping,” she tugged on his hand but he only fell sideways and crawled under her blankets.
“Mm, later Taki-chan. It's still sleeping hour.”
“Noo! The sandman got him!” she shoved him around.
The `rocking' motions made him go to sleep slumber faster.
“Hurry Uncle! Tell me where you money is.”
“My pocket but later,” he finally fell asleep.
Taki stopped rocking him.
“He's dead.”
She threw off her pajamas and pulled on something to wear. Gray pants, blue shoes, and a big jacket with a high collar. Looking almost like Shino except for the patch on her eye.
“I'll go shopping by myself. Uncle still needs to dream of hot girls in bikinis,” she zipped up her jacket.
She checked his pants pockets. No money.
His pack where he kept his dirty book. Not over there either.
Taki ran to her room where Kakashi was still sleeping in her bed. She patted him down and heard a jingling sound.
“Ooh?” she dug in his pocket.
“Uh oh,” Kakashi rolled over and her hand and arm was trapped.
“Evil sandman. You won't stop my quest!”
She tugged and pulled. Taki fell back.
“Bingo,” there was the money he was talking about.
Who the heck puts their money in their sleeping clothes? Weirdo. Anyways, back to Taki who just slammed the door not even locking it.
----
“Doesn't she look absolutely darling!” a cheery lady said.
Taki twitched; she could feel the people gazing at her.
“She says she's looking for a yukata for the festival tonight,” the saleslady watched the girl go back into the dressing room.
“How delightful!” the same woman said, “Maybe we should help her out?”
“Oh we should. It's my job you know.”
`Crazy old bats,' Taki thought getting out of the yukata and snuck out of the store before the two bats came and took over her quest.
`My quest is to find a yukata. Find a yukata and Uncle Kakashi will wake up from the evil clutches of the sandman,' her quest already set out before her.
She continues to find a yukata to wear.
----
Grumble grumble. Taki was hungry. She didn't eat breakfast yet and it was getting close to nine o'clock.
“I'm hungry,” she stated matter of fact.
She looked around. Okay now she was lost.
`Hungry there's a cookie store or a ramen store. Which one to go to?'
There was Cherub's Sweets to the left and ramen shop to the right. Cookies or noodles. What a tough decision that it fell to the shoulders of Taki.
She chose the cookies instead. Ding. That was the bell on top of the door.
“Welcome to Cherub's Sweets!”
Taki could smell the sugary goodness behind the kitchen door. She walked up to the counter and stood on her tippy toes to look over the counter.
“Hey, you're that Shiori girl that dumped my Uncle Kakashi, aren't you?”
Shiori sweat dropped, “I didn't dump him. You need to get your facts straight little lady.”
Taki smiled. She like being called Little Lady.
“Did your uncle tell you about my place?”
“What place?”
“This place. It's my new bakery. You sound hungry,” she heard the Taki's stomach growling.
“I can eat a cow!”
“Where's your uncle and what are you doing walking around all by yourself?”
“Hey. I'm a little lady. I can walk around wherever I want to. But the sandman got Uncle. He's still sleeping in my bed. And I'm going to buy a yukata today for the festival.”
“All by yourself?”
“You wanna come with me? I have a lot of money to buy you one too,” Taki took out a wallet she snagged from Kakashi's other pants pocket and took out all of his money. What a thief.
“Wow you're rich. Where you get that kind of money?”
“From pockets,” she put the money and wallet away.
Shiori frowned, “I'll come with you. Let's eat some breakfast first.”
Taki raised her hand, “Waffles and strawberries please!”
“Sure. Yunhee! You're going to watch the shop today!”
“But the festivals tonight,” Yunhee whined in the back of the room.
“Bring your boyfriend so he can help too.”
----
“Oh you're good Shiori-san,” Taki swung her bag around.
Taki, with help from Shiori-san, bought her yukata and getas in less than twenty minutes.
She swung Shiori's hand with hers.
“Shi-san you can do everything can't you?”
“Well maybe not everything.”
“You cook. Eat ice cream. You can shop and got my uncle Kakashi whipped around your finger!” she skipped ahead.
“You mean `wrapped' but that's besides the point little lady,” using the little lady name to get her attention, “I don't have your uncle whipped.”
“So you have him on a collar instead?” Taki put on her questioning face.
“No. None of that stuff. We're just friends.”
“He wants to take you to the festival. But he said you already had a date,” Taki figured.
“He said that?”
Taki nodded, “Did your date dump you too?”
“I didn't dump Kakashi and I didn't even have a date.”
“That means you can be his date! Date date date! Rhymes with mate, rate, ate, and gate,” she sang.
----
“This is where you live Taki?”
“With Uncle Kakashi yep. I think he's still sleeping. Let's go wake him up,” she pulled her hand to her room.
He was still sleeping like a little baby. Taki grabbed and threw the blanket off of the bed.
“Uncle! I came back and finished my quest! Shiori helped me look too!” she sat on his stomach and turned his head towards Shiori, “Shiori's here too! Come on and get up already.” She poked his cheek until he opened an eyelid.
“Okay I'm up.”
“No you're not. You're horizontal,” Taki got off him and pulled Shiori back into the living room.
Kakashi sighed. `Stay in bed and dream of more bikinis' or see Shiori…Shiori? Shiori!'
He padded along and peaked to see Shiori listening to Taki chatter about something trivial. Shiori caught him peeking and gave a little smile and raised brow.
`Devilish charm perhaps?' he thought, he got dressed and closed his bedroom door.
“What happen to all my money and wallet Taki-chan?”
She looked up at him and pulled out his wallet.
“I think it's all here,” handing it to him. Taki ran to her room and slammed the door shut.
He counted the bills, “She didn't use it all.”
“I told her you had to save the money for the festival,” Shiori said.
“You went shopping with her?”
“She looked pretty lost and seeing the wallet. I didn't want her to use it all or get it stolen.”
“Thank you.”
“So, what's this I'm hearing about asking me out and getting dumped by me?”
“Taki's just thinks too much,” he sat opposite of her on the couch.
“Since you didn't ask and Taki didn't mention anybody else going with you. I'll just let myself be your date for tonight's festival,” she leaned back.
“Just like that you're my date?”
“I got nobody else to go with unless I ask Iruka or Gai,” she joked.
“You're my date so you can't go with no one else.”
“Whatever you say Kakashi,” she smiled.

finished.