Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting Skills ❯ Nap ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 13: A Nap and `The' Talk (super long one)

Today's forcast foggy and Kakashi being the lazy man that he was stayed in bed to think. Taki? I'm not telling you what she's doing yet.
-Kakashi POV-
Yesterday has been more or less balanced. Taki took my money but Shiori helped her shop for a kimono. If Taki hadn't told Shiori that I didn't have anyone to go with then she wouldn't of offered to be my date. But then Iruka…what was he thinking? Kissing me, I still shudder reliving the moment but then Shiori countered the attack with hers and confession.
Taki and Shiori are tied right now.
-End of Kakashi's POV-
Something from the back of his mind came forward. He forgot all about reading Hatake Taki's profile! What a dork. I've been waiting for this moment ever since chapter 3. He looked under his stack of Sweet Heaven books.
There was her birth certificate, Hatake Taki. She was born on April 19. Mother's maiden name, Xi Zaye.
`Zaye. Where have I heard herbefore?'
There was a knock at the door. He heard Taki run for the door. Early as it was for him, who would come visit them so early? Unless…it's Iruka wanting to talk. The presence Kakashi sensed was just a Hyuuga. Probably came to woo Taki into his clutches. She can take care of herself.
Taki knocked at his bedroom door and then put her head inside.
“Neji-chan asked if I could come outside and play,” Kakashi just looked at her two pigtails bouncing up and down.
“Don't get into trouble.”
She closed his door and then slammed the house door.
`Okay where was I?' he looked at the paper.
Not a lot of information was on here. Just a bunch of comments from random people who known Taki because the profile didn't fill in the personality and such.
One person who babysat for her said, `Ate all her vegetables. Helped me with my garden. She could've been an excellent gardener.' `That girl is so lazy. All she did was sleep all day. She didn't even want to play with my dog! What's wrong with my cute big slobbering dog?' Then again another said, `Not friendly at all! She held a kunai at her classmates neck if she didn't stop talking about something so frivolous!' Hmm, split personality or just a bad day?
Taki didn't go to school. Her father taught her. They traveled around the hidden villages and stayed at the hidden village of sound the longest. (Slight spoiling and extra info for those that don't know. Orochimaru, the betrayer of Konoha sort of like Lucifer and God, found the village of sound. But they don't know that yet)
`Better get some advise from the Hokage,' remembering that she just came from the lightning country and that they almost tried to find out secrets of the Byakugan when they kidnapped Hinata.
----
“What are we gonna do today Neji?” they continued walking around Konoha.
“To the park?”
“Boring.”
“Arcade? Anywhere is fine,” he was willing to compromise.
“Hey look at that crazy hippy over there,” she pointed in front of a store.
It was some kind of fortuneteller; she even had a crystal ball on the small table.
“Want me to tell you your horoscope, little lady?” the old woman knew how to talk with little non-believers.
Taki put out her palm. The woman chuckled.
“I'm not a palm reader. Tell me your birthday.”
“April 19,” Taki said. Neji mentally put the date in his `Things to Remember' list.
“I see so you are an Aries and…” she pulled out a chart. “You are also a rooster. Your personality is blunt, yet witty, you roosters speak in plain terms. You don't hold qualms, or doubts, about your feelings and don't mind sharing your point of view. You're honest and trustworthy and expect the same of others, especially friends and family.”
Taki's eyes were so huge, “How did you know?”
“I am a psychic of the stars, so to speak,” looking off into the distance.
Taki tugged at Neji's sleeve, “Go and try it Neji.”
“Yes, I'll use the Chinese zodiac for you,” the teller pressed.
“July 3.”
“Ooh, by your age and looks you must be an ox,” she pulled out a book, “Ox people are patient and good listeners. Quiet and can be eloquent speakers. They hate to fail and so are often successful. Tends to be stubborn. Hmm blah blah blah, but have alert minds and bodies. Most compatible with snakes or roosters,” the woman grinned and looked shifty eyed at both of them.
“Roosters,” she continued on, “often undertake tasks beyond their capabilities. Bold and outspoken, distrusting others but capable of having loyal friends. Best suited to those born in the year of the ox or snake. Hates the people born in the year of the rabbit. So did I guess correct about you two?”
Taki pointed at her, “You're wrong! You read all of that from a book! You liar, you're no fortuneteller! Let's go Neji!” she dragged him off.
The teller gasped dramatically and asked the next person in line for their palm.
-----
“Thanks Neji. Your plan to woo me with ice cream is a good idea,” she licked her cone.
Neji blushed, “I wasn't trying to `woo' anyone!”
Oh but look their arms were hooked together, walking side by side. Looks like a nice couple to me.
A Hyuuga member came walking by. He stopped them in front of them.
“It's time for your training,” he announced.
Taki was about to ask something, “And no you can't come,” she looked dejected.
He took Neji's hand and started walking away. Neji looked back at her, she was smiling and waving bye to him, he looked at the other Hyuuga's back and saw a kick me sign. He waved back at her.
----
“So the little one ready to become a kunoichi ne?”
Taki turned her head to see Itachi on her shoulder licking her ice cream. Um, eww germs. Itachi jumped back before Taki could kick him from behind.
“What do you want red eyes?” she handed him her ice cream.
He took it gratefully and finished it, “Oh nothing really. Did you know that I'm a Gemini? Gemini's and aries go very well together.”
“You asked that so-called fortuneteller?” she walked away from him. He caught up to her.
“Yep, she said `this combination will have a great time bouncing ideas off each other and playing mental games. What one doesn't think of, the other will. You should have wonderful, adventurous camping trips together and will find your interests coincide more often than not.' I forgot the rest.”
“You remembered all of that?” Taki clearly not amazed.
He put an arm on her shoulder, “It means we clearly go well together. Don't you think?”
She let his arm stay there for now, “Like purple and yellow,” she said sarcastically. Purple and yellow don't look good together.
“Didn't you say you would kick my butt next time?”
“Ah yes about that. Does your eye still hurt?” she wasn't sorry about that at all.
“Why no it doesn't. It's healing quite nicely.” You still see that tint of purple though.
“You're not doing anything stupid. So I guess I don't have to take your eye out for now,” she yawned.
“Sleepy? You can take a nap at my house,” he offered.
They stopped walking, “You're not going to try and take my shoes when I sleep are you?”
“No, why would I take your shoes?” he smiled.
“So you could use that as an excuse to give me a piggy back home,” she rubbed her eye patch.
“If you wanted one you can ask me after you sleep,” he turned and walked away.
She was still thinking of his offer, “Hey.”
He turned around, “Yes?” he said slowly. The bait was slowly being taken.
“Is Sasuke gonna be there too?” she was trying to heed Kakashi's words about Itachi being dangerous. At least not be alone in a house with him.
`Well if being dangerous means eating my ice cream. Then yea,' she thought.
“Yeah he's at home too,” he put his arm around her shoulders and led the way. She took the bait.
She rubbed the back of her neck thoughtfully, “Well since you're my friend now. I guess so,” she forgot that her house was closer at the moment.
----
The Uchiha compound was large and boring. Not gonna waste space to type out what it looks like. A few Uchihas' watched Itachi bring home a girl. What a way to make an impression. “Hi everyone! Just wanted to let my friend sleep.” Oh yeah, that didn't sound weird at all. He didn't actually say that.
Itachi led her to his room and opened the door for her. She stayed at the entrance.
“Where's Sasuke?” she asked.
“His room is right next to mine. See our doors are even connected,” he showed her the door and opened it.
“Hey! I'm changing here!” Sasuke just finished taking a bath.
“Hehe, excuse me,” Itachi entered Sasuke's room.
She walked over and saw Itachi smacking Sasuke on the back of his head to hurry up.
“Hey brotherly lovers? Where am I sleeping?” she squinted at them. She didn't notice the fact that Sasuke's pants were lying at his feet and his underwear had the picture of the power rangers printed all over.
“Sleeping! She's sleeping over?” Sasuke shouted.
Itachi put Sasuke in a headlock and looked at Taki standing at the connected door, “Taki-chan you'll be using this bed here,” he covered Sasuke's mouth.
She walked over to them and corrected the headlock and now Sasuke couldn't breath.
“Thank you Taki,” Itachi tugging some more.
Taki climbed into Sasuke's bed and fell instantly asleep. They watched this and Sasuke got out of the lock.
“What's she doing sleeping in my bed?” he pulled his pants up.
“My dear foolish brother. Don't you see? The tiger can be brought down to a kitty…And to show that Gemini's and aries do go together.”
“Itachi-san and Taki sleeping in a bed. K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes marriage. Then comes…” Sasuke sang and jumped out of the window to train his fire breathing.
-----
“Yes, Hatake what did you want?” the Hokage asked, he had a lot of paper work to do and he would do them next week.
“Taki and her father stayed in a lot villages.” He started.
“I'm aware of that,” `He finally got around to reading it then. Finally.'
“So I guess you also know that it looks suspicious that Taki suddenly shows up after the Hyuuga girl got kidnapped.”
“I thought of that too,” he blew out some smoke.
“And?”
The Hokage put his pipe down, “Kakashi what do you want?”
“What was he (Taki's dad) doing there?”
“That I cannot say. You will have to ask Taki if she knows. I'm very busy Kakashi. You may leave,” dismissing Kakashi.
He left the office to see none other than Iruka. The awkward silence was entering. Kakashi led him to a secluded area.
“Now to finish what you started yesterday. Why?” Kakashi asked him.
“Well I like you Kakashi,” Iruka shifted.
“So you're…?” he couldn't quite say the word.
“Gay, homo, a rainbow. Yes I apparently am.”
“Iruka, I'm sorry if I mislead and turn you gay. But I don't go that way,” he put his hands in his pockets.
“Right…well this is awkward,” he scratched the back of his head.
“It's just another moment in time,” he said enigmatically.
“So…we're still friends right?”
“As long as you don't try to do anything weird like yesterday. Yes we're still friends.”
Good, their relationship is back to good terms again. The one-sided love has ended with Kakashi.
----
Taki woke up and saw that it was already nighttime. She jumped out of bed and opened the door.
“You finally woke up. I thought you was going to sleep forever,” Itachi put a hand on her shoulder.
“Did you steal my shoes?”
“Didn't even touch `em. Your uncle is here. We're waiting for you so we could start eating dinner.”
“Yep, I'm hungry.”
“Very well together,” he chuckled to himself.
“You're still thinking about the arrows and germs?”
“Been thinking about aries and Gemini's while you were sleeping.” He corrected.
“And your de-duct-ion?” she pronounced.
“We should play a game some time,” he answered.
“That's it? What a waste,” she stretched. Man this is a long walk to the dining room.
At last after 10 minutes of walking around the Uchiha house.
“Taki! We were just about to leave you to sleep while we eat.” Kakashi cheerily said.
Dinner? More or less great. Itachi and Sasuke's mother beamed at little Taki. Their father talked politics, the law enforcement, and boring stuff. The other Uchiha's quietly watched the three little kids.
Dinner was over. Kakashi was still talking so Taki was waiting at the entrance. She couldn't find her shoes. She looked behind her and found Sasuke watching her.
“Now what are you doing weirdo?” Sasuke asked.
“Someone took my slippers!”
“Let's go find them so you can leave my house.”
“What's wrong with you? Mad that I took a nap in your bed? It was pretty comfy,” she followed him.
They entered the laundry room and found another Uchiha in there.
“Hi little Sasuke. I'm just about done.”
“We're looking for Taki's shoes, you seen `em?”
“You're talking about the those heavy green slippers? Right over there, I better tell grandma to stop cleaning the shoes at the entrance,” the teenager stood up and walked out of the room to do that.
Taki raced to her slippers and grabbed them and ran to the entrance.
“Why are you running…so fast?” Sasuke caught his breath.
“Kakashi is still talking to our dad,” Itachi appeared.
“Oh…Itachi-” she took a step towards him.
“Huh?” he looked innocent and took a step back.
“You took my slippers! I told you not to!” she took another step.
He made a run for it. She chased after him. Sasuke chased after her. Quite a sight I tell you. He locked himself in his room. Sasuke lost them, they went in circles and he had to stop. He needs to train more. Taki ran into Sasuke's room and opened the connected door. She shoved him into a wall.
“Why shouldn't I break you now?” she asked lowly, somehow there was sword in her hands. Guess when she was looking in the rooms for him the sword just happened to appear.
“Cause I'm your friend?” he asked.
“Another guess,” she was still catching her breath. It looked pretty funny Itachi being man or woman-handled by little Taki.
“Cause we're compatible in the horoscope of the stars?”
She stepped back from him. She poked his stomach with the sword.
“How did you know?”
Itachi sighed with relief.
“Because I also think that we're com-pat-ible and I shouldn't chop you up for now,” Taki tapped her head.
“Let's go back to the entrance. Your uncle is probably waiting,” he sweat dropped and took the sword out of her hand.
----
“What did you do today Taki?” he noticed her heavy slippers.
She was on his shoulders and was trying to give him a French braid. He had too much hair.
“Uncle?” ignoring his question.
“Hmm?”
“It's my time of the month.” He almost tripped over nothing.
She couldn't have her period yet. She's too young.
“Your time?”
Taki nodded, “Daddy taught me a new jutsu every time I remind him which is every month.”
“And we also need to have a talk.”
She stopped for a second and then continued grabbing more hair, “What d'ya wanna know?”
“How much do you know?”
“About what?”
“The whole shinobi's in general.”
“Ninjas are a bunch of sneaky people. Sneaking up on other sneaky people trying to kill another sneaky person or a person who has too many enemies.” That more or less should be put in the dictionary.
“And what of weapons? Know how to use them?”
“Uh…I know how to use a lot of pointy weapons.”
“Know about the other jutsus?”
“Which one, the one with the animals, the secret one, the desert one, or the water one?”
“What's the desert one?”
“You should know. It's the one where you do the things with your hands. And then someone is looking at something that's not there. The desert, get it? Wanna know the other cause you're brain dead?”
“Go and enlighten me Taki.”
“The secret jutsus are really secret so I can't tell you my secret. The water one is the one where you can walk on water, or change into shapes like turn into another person. Or split yourself in half. That's water. The one with the animals is another secret that some people have. Someone in sand has an animal in her fan (Temari, correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe Naruto has one too! He looks like a fox…and a Twinkie bar. Hehe.”
“And…who told you these things?” she had a lot of information that a lot of Nins would like.
“Daddy told me the stuff with the water and desert when we stayed in the sand village. That place made me thirsty and then we went somewhere else.”
“And the others?” it looks like something bad might come his way after all.
“This guy looked like a vampire. He painted his face and put makeup on his eyes! He didn't look cool though. He told me about the animals. This one lady told me about the secret jutsus. Now she…was cool,” she sighed.
“What do you call them?”
“Mr. Oro is kinda like `Oro?' he keeps surprising me and I keep saying `Oro!' he's very funny,” she nodded.
“And this `lady'?”
“Lady? …Uh she told me not to tell you who she is or else you'd pounce on her!” Taki laughed and patted his head.
Kakashi focused on this, “Why not?”
“She said it wasn't time yet to tell you. She's pretty cool.” She said that twice already. “She's like my freakin' idol!”
“You owe me three things Taki remember our deal?”
“Uh…nope.” figures.
“You said you would give me 5 cookies, a secret, and you'd do something for me for my book?”
“Ano. Yea.”
“Tomorrow we will start training that's the thing you'll do for me.”
“Am I going to learn a new jutsu?”
“Tomorrow.”
Taki looked around. She didn't notice she was already in her room. Amazing! She yawned.
She changed and jumped into bed.
“Taki?”
“What.”
“You forgot to put your shirt on.”
She looked down at herself and did see that she was only wearing pants. Taki looked under her covers and saw the tee shirt at the end of the bed. How did that get there?
“Ready for my story!” she patted her comforter.
“This time Yumiko, the girl ninja, encountered another ninja. His name was Iruka,” Taki scrunched up her face, “he was looking for another ninja like Yumiko so he could kick her butt and get stronger. He challenged her to a fight,” Kakashi took a seat.
“Did Yumiko beat him with her magical words?”
“Not with her words, she beat him with her magical…” pausing for effect, “noodle dance."
Taki gasped.
"Wait a minute. Noodle dance?...Do the noodle dance!-" she bobbed her head and moved her shoulders.
"Ah-!"
Taki ko'ed herself. Too much head banging and she banged her head on the dashboard.
"Taki...Oh well! I ran out of ideas anyways. Night Taki!" he covered her up, turned off the lights, and closed the door.
----
Sometimes my grandma takes my shoes and cleans them when I stay over at her house. Hmm, how come I seem to do major research on my fanfics? I'm a weirdo. ciao r&r