Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Path to Greatness ❯ Itachi's Angel ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]



 
 
Haoku groggily opened her eyes a groan escaping from her rosy red lips. She turned her head to see Zetsubou on the ground and Itachi, Eva, and Kisame in chairs, every one of them sound asleep. Even Itachi didn't stir from her groan. She stood up and walked out of her room still in her bloody training clothes.
 
~Wonder how long it's been since the fight … is every day from now on going to be like that … I hope not …~ She let out a contempt sigh. ~I still can't believe he tried to kill me … I guess I just have to put that behind me … wonder when the first mission is though … and what it'll be … I'd better get through the death sentence they call training though first …~
 
While she wasn't paying attention she ran into the leader again, falling harshly to the floor.
 
“You sure have a habit of running into me, don't you … shouldn't you be resting?”
 
“I … I … I don't know … should I?” Haoku retorted back to him with another question confused and a little lost.
 
“I think you should … everyone's pretty worried.”
 
“Why … I can handle myself!” Haoku said with a force that surprised even he, none the less the leader.
 
“Yeah … you've lost a lot of blood these past few days … too much … you should rest.”
 
“I guess you're right … thanks for the advice … oh and sorry for running into you again …”
 
“Its fine …” He said disappearing down the dark halls with their looming shadows.
 
“Haoku … what are you doing … get back here!” Itachi yelled running down the hallway towards her.
 
Suddenly everything started spinning and becoming fuzzy and Haoku passed out landing softly in Itachi's arms.
 
Itachi sighed and leaned back against the wall letting her head rest on his muscular shoulder.
 
~She's so light … like … like a feather … she looks like an angel … an angel that her mother sent to the past … just for me …~
 
Itachi's head rested against hers and he fell asleep right there in the hall way with Haoku nestled gently in his arms.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Where's Haoku?” Eva asked at nine in the morning after her training with Hidan. She wanted to spend time with her cousin like they had back in their time.
 
“I'm wondering the same thing about Itachi.” Kisame said “I see your training didn't go nearly as bad as Haoku's.”
 
“Not nearly … I got yelled at a lot but at least I didn't have a near death experience.”
 
“Yeah … you have a point … do you have any idea where Haoku might have gone?”
 
“Well … when she's stressed, nervous, or on the rare occasion scared, she'll walk around thinking and if she's in a small area she'll pace back and forth … over and over again … it's almost impossible to snap her out of it when she gets like that so you have to wait until she's done thinking about what ever made her feel that way. Any way … she was probably walking the halls … then Itachi woke up and when he noticed she was gone he went to look for her.”
 
“Let's go scan the halls … they should be out there somewhere.”
 
Eva nodded “Na'ane …” The wolf appeared and she climbed into her back “Come on!”
 
“Uh … I'll walk …” Kisame said secretly afraid of the large wolves.
 
After over an hour of endless searching they finally found them still curled up and sleeping.
 
“That'd be cute if it wasn't my cousin …” Eva said
 
Kisame was speechless, his eyes as large as watermelons.
 
“Uh … um … Haoku?” Eva shook Haoku lightly.
 
Her eyes flickered open “Where … am I?” She whispered looking around wide eyed.
 
“You feel asleep.” Eva said
 
“Along with you big Teddy Bear Friend.” Kisame added pointing to Itachi who was still asleep. “What happened?”
 
“I … I don't remember … I'm sorry.”
 
“Its fine … don't exert your self …you need your rest.” Eva said with her usual kind ring to it.
 
“I guess you're right … thanks Itoko-chan.”
 
 
(((Authors Note)))
Itoko
Means
Cousin
(((End Authors Note)))
 
 
“Come on … you can ride on Na'ane.” Eva said reaching out her hand
 
Haoku stood up and grabbed her cousin's hand dizzily.
 
“We'll see you later Kisame.” Eva said once Haoku was safely up. She clicked her tongue and took off in the direction of Haoku's room.
 
“Itachi … wake up!” Kisame shook Itachi vigorously.
 
“What the … what happened?” Itachi said in his usual monotone voice.
 
“You fell asleep …”
 
“Why do you sound so urgent then?”
 
“You didn't let me finish … you fell asleep but … with … Haoku.”
 
“I did what!?!” Itachi yelled jumping up then slumping back down to the ground “Please tell me nothing happened …”
 
“I'd like to Itachi but I wasn't there … only you and Haoku would know …”
 
Itachi rubbed his throbbing head.
 
“You ok?”
 
“Just a head ache …” Itachi said and stood up once more leading to his room. ~What if something did happen …~
 
Didanything happen
Between Itachi and
Haoku
Find out in
The next
Chapter of
Path
To
Greatness