Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Path to Greatness ❯ Kill Or Be Killed ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]



 
 
 
 
 
Haoku awoke with a yawn stretching then happily getting up and getting ready. It was her second week here and time for her first mission. Every one said it was easy but taking down the Kazekage was bound to be more than just a beginner's task. Itachi and Kisame would be close by making sure that she didn't slip up and that if she did they'd be right there to help her fix the problem.
 
She stuffed her bag full of kunai, shuriken, medical supplies, and many other useful items.
 
“How on earth am I going to take down the Kazekage …” She asked herself plopping down on her bed strand of black hair fanning out around her.
 
“Are you ready to go yet or do we have to wait longer?” Itachi asked as he stepped into the room Kisame following close behind.
 
“My stuff is packed but … I'm not sure I'm ready to do this yet …”
 
“You know me and Itachi will be here to back you up Haoku … have at least a little faith in us … we won't let you down.”
 
“Yeah … you're right, let's get going.” She said lift her bag onto her shoulders.
 
 
 
 
“Haoku … what's that thing you do?” Itachi asked suddenly after an hour or so of endless traveling.
 
“I … I'd rather not talk about it …” Haoku said looking down at the ground. “What's the next mission?” She said quickly changing the subject.
 
“You're going to view the Chunin Exams …” Itachi said
 
“Why can't one of you do it?”
 
“Well we're all marked in the Bingo Book, except for you and your cousin, that's why it's important to stay hidden and let no one … and I mean absolutely no one see you during this mission.” Kisame said
 
“Oh … so you're all … criminals …” Haoku's voice broke making it hard to speak. She looked up at Itachi with eyes that reveled nothing but pain.
 
“Yes …” Itachi replied and pressed on the memory of her eyes never leaving him alone.
 
Haoku walked in silence not wanting to know more than she already knew. ~So … I'm helping the bad guys … they have to have good in them some where … deep down some where … there has to be … no matter what they say they'll always be hurt by the fact that people exiled them from their own villages … so in reality it's the villages fault that the Akatsuki was even started … no one should be treated like that … no matter what they've done …~
“You're just like us …” Itachi said as if reading her thoughts. “You too have been exiled from your clan … no matter which way you look at it … you're just like us …”
 
Haoku thought a moment and realized he was speaking of nothing but the truth. The cold hard truth that Haoku never wanted to hear. “I … I … you're wrong … I … I'm not like you!”
 
Itachi appeared behind her and resting his hand on her shoulder. “You are … you refused to accept it … just like we did when it first happened … you have to kill or be killed …”
 
Kill or be killed. His words ran through her mind a hundred times. “Kill … or be … killed?”
 
“Yes if you don't kill … you are the one who will be killed.” Kisame said
 
“You have to kill to survive … it's the only way …”
 
“Are … are you sure?” Haoku asked
 
“Yes …” They both said and continued walking forward … never looking back … never caring what was behind them … only in front of them.
 
The journey lasted for three more days until they reached the Village of Wind.
 
“This is where we take our leave … we'll be watching … go for it!” Kisame said disappearing.
 
“This will be easy for you Haoku …” Itachi said disappearing.
 
Haoku walked through the village which no one was there. She walked into the office of the Kazekage, still no one.
 
“So … you've come …”
 
“Who … who's' there?” Haoku asked a kunai in hand.
 
“You're a jittery one aren't you?” He asked walking into sight, the Kazekage Yondaime.
 
She shook with such intensity that her kunai clattered to the floor.
 
He picked it up as he advanced towards her backing her up against a wall.
 
“Itachi … she needs help!” Kisame whispered to Itachi
 
“Give her time Kisame … just wait and see …” He said a grin crossing his face.
 
~kill or be killed … I', not going to let this end here!~ She grabbed the Kazekage by the throat throwing him against a desk which broke against his weight. “I won't die here!” She cried charging at him with a kunai.
 
“What the … how?” Kisame asked
 
“She's more then we'll ever understand Kisame … she refused to die …”
 
Haoku panted and teleported up to Kisame and Itachi who were hidden a little ways away. She nodded and smiled, she's done it …
 
Haoku's first
Mission went
Great but
Will her second
Go just as well?
Find out in the
Next few
Chapters
Of
Path
To
Greatness
 
OK ONE MORE THING, I'M NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO TYPE MORE CHAPTERS FOR A WHILE SO PLEASE BE PATIENT