Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Peaceful Moments ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Fluff and bunnies ahead. ...Well not really but you get the point. I don't think I ever wrote anything so fluffy...ever. This is dedicated to my friend, _ofuda_ and fellow Genma-addict. Hope you enjoy it! ^_^

Neither Genma nor Raidou are mine. Borrowing them for the time being.

------------------------

Stretched out on his back, Genma stares up at the sky, arms positioned behind his head as he relaxes in the grassy field for the first time in what seems forever. His senbon bobs as he waits for Raidou. Slowly drifts off into a half doze but awakens instantly a hand lightly touch his uncovered hair. Recognizing the touch, he doesn't react and instead opens his eyes to meet an amused yet affectionate gaze. "Hey."

"Hey yourself." Settles himself down next to his husband, he rests his forearms on his updrawn knees and smiles as Genma stretch his arms above his head. The material of his shirt stretching and riding up a small bit to reveal tanned flesh. "Tease."

Glinting brown eyes turn in his direction and he grins. "You should know that already." Sits up, grass sticking in his hair as he adopts a similiar position. Hands dangling between his knees, staring straight ahead. "Feels like the calm before a storm."

Raidou glances at his friend before looking in the same direction. Konoha stretching out below them far from the hill they're resting upon. "Seems like it."

A comfortable silence surrounds the two men and they absorb it as much as possible, never knowing when they will have this chance again. With their lives, one never knows when the end will come. A strong gust of wind whips Genma's hair around his face and he absently pushes back the strands even as the wind catches them again. Rough yet gentle hands cover his and secures his hair in a ponytail. Tossing a smile over at him as thanks, he decides to voice what he's been thinking since that morning.

"Raidou?"

"What is it, Genma?"

"I love you."

Concern and fear surges in his gut, turning towards the younger man. "Genma?"

Meeting his eyes, the senbon-user smiles and removes the senbon, dropping it into the grass. Shifting closer, he slides an arm around Raidou. "I just wanted to tell you. There's nothing to worry about." Looping his arms around the scarred jounin's neck, he drags both of them down into the grass. "Promise." Pressing a kiss against his forehead, he tightens his grip slightly. "We're both off duty for the next week." Another kiss lands on Raidou's cheek. "Just the two of us." The third comes to rest on his husband's mouth.

Wrapping his own arms around the slender form, Raidou tugs him closer and returns the kiss.

Grinning, Genma slides his hands downwards making his spouse yelp. The sound fading into a moan and soon cheerful laughter echoes across the grassy hillside.