Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Postal ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don’t own Naruto.

Okay, I just wrote a fic about the one character in this show that I hate… That’s what reading true crime stories apparently does to you. This was kind of inspired by reading about John Frank Hickey. A very creepy, screwed up guy… As an added note, Kurt Vonnegut died! Kurt, this story is for you, although I have no idea why you’d want this to be dedicated to you…

_______________________________________________________ _________________

Sakura surveyed the serene apartment with a solemn gaze. Heaving a sigh, she dragged an empty cardboard box to the nearest drawer and began to clean out Sasuke’s apartment. For the most part, she recalled as she packed up various scrolls, this mission consisted of placing all of his possessions into storage in case he ever returned to Konoha. If he never returned, then everything would be donated to the most appropriate public facility. She finished filling up one box, and, after folding the flaps to stay shut, marked it with “UCHIHA SASUKE” in large characters with a black marker. The chemical smell seemed out of place in the abandoned room, but she simply capped it and pushed the box over to an empty corner. Team 10 would be here later to help move the boxes into storage.
The assortment of boxes in the corner gradually grew, and by mid-afternoon Sakura found herself with only one box left. The marker’s scent hung oppressively in the air as she approached the last drawer. Upon opening it, she found that it contained a number of papers. Most of them were miscellaneous Academy homework assignments and report cards Sasuke had apparently never gotten around to throwing away. Scattered here and there in clusters throughout the mess of papers were unopened love letters from a number of their classmates. Sakura gave a grim smile when she recognized a few envelopes bearing Ino’s and her own handwriting. She dumped these into the box rather haphazardly before she spotted something strange at the bottom of the drawer. Picking it up, she let her thumbs run over the glossy front. It was a postcard of the Great Naruto Bridge. Curiosity about the sender and the contents hit her and she looked around the room to see if, by some strange chance, someone was watching her. With no one in sight, she flipped over the card. It was dated a week before Sasuke’s betrayal.

Little Brother,
To continue where I left off in my last note, you needn’t worry about Mother. She died a few minutes after I stabbed her. She only suffered a moderate amount of pain. Father, on the other hand…

-Itachi

The postcard fell to the floor.

___________________________________________________________ _____________

Finished! Review, please!