Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Practicality ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto.

This was started about a year ago and I finished it just now. I hope the end doesn’t seem too rushed.

Unknown to many, Maito Gai was a very practical man. Take his jumpsuit, for example. True to its virtues he constantly expounded on, the green outfit offered his movements no resistance and was light enough to prevent his body from overheating during intense training sessions. And his usage of his forehead protector as a belt wasn’t so strange when one considered the pine-scented air freshener he kept tucked within it. Even more useful was his hairstyle, which, as Kakashi had discovered during one unfortunate challenge, doubled as a collision helmet. Therefore, it was a great surprise to him when he suddenly found himself enamored with one Mitarashi Anko.
She was hardly the woman of his lifelong dreams. She was loud, obnoxious, lived off of sweets, and was most decidedly unyouthful. To make things worse, she flounced around in that horribly impractical outfit of hers. Didn’t she ever get cold? Still, the incomprehensibility of the situation didn’t prevent him from staring fixatedly at her chest when he thought she wasn’t looking. At times like those, he couldn’t help but lament that her abrasiveness seemed to be rubbing off on him.
However, none of these observations seemed to explain how he had found himself in her bedroom. From his position on her bed, he could see the entirety of the messy, unorganized room and took a moment to watch her shadow, cast onto the open bathroom door by the bright, fluorescent lights. After a moment, she peeked her head through the doorway and winked at him before coming to stand before him. It was at this moment that he realized she was missing her usual trench coat. His fascination was not helped when she leaned over to rest her palms on his knees.
“Is anything wrong, Gai-senpai?” she asked. The lilt in her voice brought his gaze to her lips. He opened his own to reply, but was distracted when she let out a little laugh and sat down beside him. Her hand rested on the top of his head, presumably to ruffle his hair. Upon making contact, she blinked and pounded a fist against the hard shell a few times. Silence hung in the air for a moment before she leaned back and let out a peal of loud laughter. He blushed. After a few minutes, her laughter subsided and she leaned towards him again. As their lips met, Gai decided that, perhaps, impracticality wasn’t so bad.

Reviews are incredibly welcome.