Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pretend ❯ Pretend ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

She knew that the picture meant nothing at all to him. Color on canvas, and that was it. She knew that the smiling eyes really had nothing behind them.
 
I wanted to draw the prettiest girl in Konoha.
 
She waited. That wasn't all he was going to say; the insult would come soon.
 
Then I saw you and decided to draw you instead.
 
She stared down at his outstretched hands, and at the portrait nestled in them. She was captured in a private moment, falling blossoms caressing tear streaked face. She didn't know he had been spying then.
 
I call it `Buta'.
 
And then it is his turn to wait. It's the nature of their dance. When she darts forward he braces himself for the blow…
 
…and is surprised to find her body pressed against his, her face buried in his jacket.
 
Thank you.
 
He hears her tears in her voice and awkwardly pats her back, praying for someone to rescue him. She smiles, knowing that she's won this round.
 
For now she can pretend. She'll pretend that he was trying to cheer her up, that he hated it when she cried. She'll pretend that she could possibly like him.
 
BUTA? WHO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING A PIG?
 
You prefer Buso?
 
Crack.
 
Well, at least she'll heal his broken ribs. Eventually.
 
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
 
A/n:
Buta: Pig
Buso: Ugly