Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Puzzle Called War ❯ Backfired Move ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This chapter is basically wrapping up any points about things that I wanted to get across. And I'm using it as a gathering of everyone. The next chapters, like this, will be long. I'll be focusing more on the war than anything, with a little side things so it's not too serious in every chapter. I mean, I'm evil and funny! That's what it takes to rule the world! lolz
 
I know the player with the slick, trigger finger for Her Majesty. Another one with the Golden tone voice, and then your fantasy! Another bill from a killer turned a thrill into a tragedy! A door left open, a woman walking by, a drop in the water, a look in the eye. A phone on the table, a man on your side-someone that you think that you can trust is just another way to die! -Alicia Keys & Jack White [Another Way to Die]
…Zakura POV
 
“Both our villages will be destroyed. There's no place to run where they can't find us.” Gaara said, annoying me with his pessimism. I glared at him sitting at his desk.
 
“Can it Gaara. We will not run, and we will not lose.” I growled. He ignored me, going back to his stupid paperwork. “Most of the village has left for the underground hideouts anyway. They'll be safe.”
 
“This is pure suicide. Are you planning to do something stupid during this war and sacrifice yourself because of your rash decisions?” He hissed. I flew out of my seat, jumped on his table, and grabbed his collar so he was right in my face.
 
“I'll sacrifice myself any day to stick up for what's right and defend the village against whatever threatens them. If you can't understand, you weren't meant to be Kazekage.” I said fiercely. He gently grabbed my hands and put them at my sides.
 
“I can't tell whether you are very brave or just plain stupid.” Gaara murmured. I huffed and crossed my arms.
 
“What's the difference? Some are gonna fall, some are gonna stay up. I can't predict the future, but it'll work out somehow- it has to. Why can't you see my side?” I whispered. He frowned at my words and motion for me to come forward.
 
I curled into his lap and nuzzled his neck with my nose. He buried his face in my hair and took a deep breath. I felt his arms snake around me like chains. We stayed that way for a while, and I wished time would freeze so we could stay this way forever. I didn't want to lose him in the war, and I didn't want to be lost either. I prayed silently that everyone would make it, us especially.
 
“Gaara,” I breathed. He grunted in response, still tickling my hair. “Promise me you won't die again. I wouldn't be able to bear it.”
 
“I promise.” He whispered, making me tickle even more. I sighed. “What is it?”
 
“It seems like we'll never get any alone time,” I grumbled. I unwillingly looked towards the door as I heard fast footsteps run down the hall. Matsuri burst through the door.
 
“Lord Gaara!” She exclaimed, not paying attention to us. She finally focused and saw us together. She blushed, glaring slightly, then straightened up. “Excuse me, sir.”
 
“What do you want, Matsuri?” Gaara asked, annoyed.
 
“Well, um, sir, the guards at the walls just captured some sound ninja trying to sneak in. What should we do with them?” Matsuri said quickly. I slid off his lap and walked towards the window.
 
“They have to deal with me. Matsuri, find Kankuro. Tell him `vicious tongue', okay?” I smirked, walking right out the window. I landed on the balls of my feet and ran for walls. I saw the two rouge ninja tied together.
 
“Are you serious? You're going to use vicious tongue?! But that's so messy!” Kankuro complained, already at the scene. My smirk grew.
 
“If you don't like getting wet, step away.” I warned the guards. They nodded and backed away. I turned to Kankuro. “Of course it's messy. That's how you get them to talk!”
 
“What is this vicious tongue?!” One of the ninja demanded. I flexed my hand before taking a swipe at his face with my nails, drawing blood. “Ouch! You think that's gonna get me to talk!?”
 
“No, this will,” I assured him. I untied tied my little voodoo bunny doll from my wrist and held it in front of his face (it can either be black or red, whichever you like).
 
“A doll…?” They both said in unison. Kankuro shuddered, backing away.
 
“His name is Fester, meaning to rot. And can you guess what Fester will do to you, ninja number one?” I asked. He shook his head. “Why don't you show him Fester?”
 
I connected chakra strings into Fester, making him come to life in a way. He grinned widely, showing his razor teeth. Both ninja whimpered. I moved Fester towards the first ninja, having him crawl up his body slowly.
 
“Now Fester, stop playing around.” I grinned, pretending I was some kind of psycho. All right, maybe I was, but not a psycho killer. This was only interrogation after all.
 
Fester pried open the ninja's mouth with his fingerless paws and chomped down on his tongue. He howled in pain when we heard crushing. The ninja started thrashing around with blood spraying out of his mouth. Kankuro gagged silently.
 
“Okay, ninja number two, care to talk?” I asked, grinning even more. He cringed at the sight of his partner and shook his head. I raised my eyebrows. “Oh really? Rabbit got your tongue?”
 
I moved my thumb and pointer, making Fester do another trick. There was more crushing sounds inside of his mouth. The ninja shrieked even louder than before until it was cut off by a gurgling sound. He made choking, coughing sounds as more blood spewed everywhere.
 
“Did you know cutting your tongue off can kill you just by choking on the overflow of blood? Poor ninja. I only severed part of his tongue and he's already drowning.” I shrugged and turned to the second ninja. “Will you talk or drown?”
 
“O-Orochimaru sent us to bring destruction on the village, like a warning to surrender. I swear that's all we're here for! He said to summon snakes and burn most of the village to the ground! Please let Haru go!” The second ninja finally spoke.
 
I let the strings disappear and my Fester fell out of the ninja's mouth, into his pool of blood. I snatched him from the ground and retied him around my wrist. I sighed and turned to the guards and Kankuro who were blanching at me.
 
“Take him to the hospital- his lungs are filled with blood. As for him, transport him to the prison. When the other is well, or if he dies, let them both rot in the cell.” I commanded. The guards quickly grabbed them both and dragged them to their destinations.
 
I was left to smirk at Kankuro while he still stared at me in shock. I waved my hand in his face, Fester dangling along too. He jumped back and regained his posture.
 
“You…are insane sometimes. Effective ninja, but insane.” Kankuro said. Then he added, “By the way, you should really consider changing. The blood soaked through your shirt. I can see you boobs.”
 
“Stop looking!” I hissed, covering my chest. The sun was already setting. “It's time to go home anyway. Gaara should be back by now.”
 
“And it's time for me to see Yume!” Kankuro grinned, rubbing his hands together. I gave him a flat look.
 
“Womanizer…” I muttered as he ran off.
 
“I'm home.” I muttered, not really caring whether someone heard me or not. But Gaara appeared in front of me from particles of sand. I grinned. “Hello, there.”
 
“What's this?” Gaara mumbled, holding up locks of my hair that was covered in blood. I was covered almost head to toe, feeling sticky.
 
“I said they had to deal with me, right?” I winked. I stretched on my toes to press my lips against his. I could taste the metallic blood in my mouth. He grabbed my leg and hitched it around his waist. “What's the occasion?”
 
“If I never see you again, I can die with this. Not being with you is another way to die.” Gaara said. He trailed down my neck with kisses. He grabbed my other leg and carried me up the steps. I heard the door slam shut behind us. My back hit a wall, and I snaked my arms around his neck.
 
“Now?” I asked, not really minding at all. He didn't answer, just ripping my shirt away. Gaara stared for a second then attacked me. I tangled my fingers in his red hair, gasping. I felt his cold tongue along my chest, making me tickle.
 
“You have to tell me when I hurt you,” Gaara said in a husky voice. I snorted.
 
“I don't think I'll be able to speak when the time comes…” I muttered, feeling my eyes roll back. I moaned quietly when he pressed closer against me.
 
If I never see you again, I can die with this…Being without you is another way to die…
 
“Aw, shi-!” I was cut off, flying onto the floor. I felt sore below my waist, making me unable to walk correctly. My feet tangled in the sheets so I could kiss the floor. Hello floor! “Ow…”
 
I dragged myself across the room with my arms, and I felt my legs getting wood burn. As I squeaked across the floor, I saw a pale pair of feet stop in front of me. I looked up to see Gaara towering above me. I laughed nervously.
 
“Are you hurt?” He asked frantically. I blinked and grinned lopsided as he picked me up by my forearms and set me down on my feet. I immediately flew back down to the floor. “Zakura!”
 
“Stop that, I'm fine!” I assured him, smacking both of my legs until the numbness went away. I jumped back on my feet and grinned lopsided. “See?”
 
“Temari is here.” Gaara shrugged, walking out the room with me. I slid down the railing, burning my butt in the process.
 
“Temari!” I cheered, crashing into the wind sorceress. She gave me a flat look. “Hello!”
 
“I heard what you did last night from start to finish. How was I supposed to sleep?!” Temari demanded. I stared at her face and noticed the rings under her eyes but her eyes were sly.
 
“Sorry, I was absorbed.” I explained. She grimaced.
 
“Don't worry, I could here it while you were shouting,” Temari deadpanned. I blushed furiously, looking away. She laughed at my reaction.
 
“I was not shouting!” I retorted.
 
“Or right! You were screeching.” She countered.
 
“Was not!” I repeated.
 
“Then what do you call it then?” Temari asked.
 
“I call it a natural part of human life!” I answered.
 
“…You animal.” Temari said after a pause.
 
“I know I am.” I shrugged and grinned.
 
“I didn't know animals screamed `More, faster!” in the jungle…”
 
“Shove it!”
 
“Can't tell me that. It went up yours remember? Or were you too absorbed?”
 
SHUT UP!!”
…Sakura POV (still morning)
 
I was having a nightmare about the war again, like I was having a premonition.
 
I saw his body laid there, motionless, bloody. The medical corps was working on the worst of the damage- I used up most of my chakra fighting. His eyes snapped open, searching blindly. I grabbed his cold hand, holding it to my cheek. Naruto was silent behind me, but I knew his face was in agony so much I couldn't bare to look.
 
“Sasuke?” I whispered. He kept searching around, and his eyes finally settled on mine. I cracked a weak smile, tears flowing silently.
 
“Sakura…” He rasped, gripping my hand so weak it felt like a brush of a feather. I nodded against his hand, sniffling.
 
“You're gonna be fine. The medical team is gonna patch you up just fine…!” I murmured. His eyes went unfocused. “Sasuke!”
 
They went back into focus. He whispered, “It's cold.”
 
“It just started snowing.” I informed him. His face relaxed and his grip loosened. “…Sasuke?”
 
“I'm…gonna sleep a while,” Sasuke rasped, letting his eyes slip closed. His held fell limp in mine. I froze.
 
“Sasuke? Sasuke?” I said, my voice rising at least five octaves. “What? No! Come back Sasuke, no! Don't sleep yet! You have to stay awake for me you just have to! No! No! SASUKE!!”
 
Naruto's warm arms wrapped around my waist and pulled my back. I punched and kicked at the air, trying to spin around to push him away. His grip only tightened. I was finally able to spin around, but his expression stopped me. Naruto's eyes were pure red with his pupils in slits, tears flowing rapidly. But his expression was fierce, full of determination.
 
“Naruto…” I whispered in shock. My tears stopped falling, and felt cold and dry against my face. I felt my expression harden as we both stood up. We both glanced back at Sasuke one last time, and I swore I could hear his faint heart beat from that distance. We ran back into the thickness of the forest, ready for round two against the enemy.
 
-KNOCK, KNOCK-
 
I flew up from my bed, screaming at the top of my lungs. I heard the door burst open, and Naruto skidded to a halt in front of my bed. I kept screaming while he shook me, but his hard slap cut me off. I grabbed my red cheek and blinked.
 
“Naruto…” I mumbled, my voice covered in sleep. I rubbed away the crap in my eyes and stared up at him. “What is it?”
 
“Oh- Me, Hinata, and Ino are going for breakfast. You want in?” Naruto asked. I nodded, grinning. He stared at me blushing.
 
“What?” I asked, looking around. I saw the sleeves of my tank had fallen, showing cleavage. My eyes twitched. “GET OUT YA PERV!!”
 
“Ow…! Sakura!” Naruto complained, running out my house. I laughed as I changed my clothes.
 
“You're blond, so I'll forgive you.” I said stiffly. “I can already read your mind- all girls for breakfast at a crowded restaurant? You playboy.”
 
“Thanks- I mean, hey!!” Naruto shouted, trying to catch up after me. I saw Hinata and Ino waiting for me down the street. I waved.
 
“I got Shikamaru to come! He's tagging along some friend of his he just met,” Ino sighed dreamily. “I hope he's cute!”
 
“Let's go already! I'm starved.” I shouted, running towards the inner part of the village.
“If Shikamaru doesn't come in five minutes, I say we eat without him!” Naruto suggested. We agreed and started looking for things to eat on the menu. That's when our favorite lazy guy came with someone trailing behind him.
 
“Yo…” Shikamaru waved with a flat face. He turned slightly to introduce his friend. “Guys, this is Ichigo.”
 
“I-Ichigo?!” I yelled. It was indeed the same Ichigo I had met, purple eyes and everything. But his outfit was a little more cleaned up.
 
“Hey Sakura,” Ichigo grinned, giving me a victory sign. I gave him a flat look.
 
“Sakura, you know this sexy guy?” Ino whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes cupped my hand around my mouth to whisper back.
 
“Yea. We met a few days back. He's a thief, but he's cool.” I shrugged. She squealed and held her hand out.
 
“Hi! I'm Ino, but you can call me whatever you like!” Ino said cheerily. Ichigo grabbed her hand and shook it eagerly.
 
“I'm Naruto and this is my girl Hinata!” Naruto boasted, holding his hand out as well. They gave each other high fives- friends already. “Where're you from?”
 
“Right near the border in Suna. It's a pretty small village but we manage.” Ichigo answered. I grimaced at the memory of our rumble.
 
“So what are you here for? How long?” Ino pressed, already interested in some stranger. I turned to silently gag.
 
“For the war of course! I'll be here until the war is over. I heard they'd attack when the weather is ready for snow. That has to be in like two months.” Ichigo shrugged.
 
“Aww! That's not long enough!” Ino complained. Hinata giggled while Ichigo blushed. I went into full-blown laughter with Naruto and Shikamaru.
 
“Any luck with that guy you were chasing?” Ichigo zeroed in on me. I frowned and looked away.
 
“As of now, I have no idea…” I sighed. Everyone remained silent.
 
“He'll come. I'm sure of it!” Naruto broke the silence. We all stared at him while he continued. “Sasuke wouldn't put down a good fight even if it killed him! And if someone tore his legs off, he's drag himself here with his arms. Sasuke will fight with us, whether it's for the right reasons or not.”
 
“How can you be so sure?” Hinata whispered. We all sighed in sadness except for Shikamaru and Naruto.
 
“Zakura,” They said together. We blinked in shock. Zakura?
 
“What's she got to do with all of this?” Ino asked. I nodded in agreement.
 
“Without her on our side, we'd definitely be dead men walking. Don't you see? She was here since the beginning, swarming us all together. All of us are together now because of her.” Shikamaru started.
 
“Yea! It's simple, even for me! Just think about it, really. Sakura, she brought you back in a way. She put Gaara on our side. She helped Sasuke see a different life. She did something that changed us, and brought us together. Without her, Ichigo wouldn't be sitting here. Sakura, you wouldn't be sitting here. And you probably wouldn't even be alive to have a chance to chase Sasuke.” Naruto continued.
 
“Wow…the moron figured it out before I did.” Ino said in shock. My eyes widened.
 
He was right. If Zakura wasn't here, who knows what would be happening right now? I'd probably be dust by now. Ichigo wouldn't even know us. Sasuke would be long gone without a second glance. Gaara would still be a killer. Pretty much everyone's lives would be destroyed in one swift stroke.
 
“W-What the hell are we doing here?!” I said aloud, flying from my seat. Everyone jumped in surprise. “There's a war coming in two months and we're clowning around having breakfast? There is no time for this! Grab the basket of dumplings and let's go! We gotta train- like, now!”
 
“What?”
 
“Don't what me! We gotta skedaddle! Hurry up peoples!” I shouted, running out the restaurant. (lolz skedaddle…)
 
I heard groans inside the place and footsteps chasing after me. I laughed and sped off and let everyone chase me.
 
“Lesson number 1! Find the real Sakura!” I yelled, making hand signs for the shadow clones. “Shadow clone jutsu!”
 
Four clones of me appeared and headed in random directions. I blended into the crowd, doing a transformation jutsu. I made sure my chakra was equally distributed among them so Hinata couldn't find me with her byakugan so easily. I was suddenly paralyzed.
 
“I got ya Sakura!” Shikamaru smirked. I grinned back evilly.
 
“Ha!” I laughed. I'm the third clone.
-
I was hopping from rooftop to rooftop, Ino hot on my trail. I snickered the whole time, making crazy detours all over the village. She chased me the whole time until she did a mind transfer technique.
 
“Mind transfer!” Ino shouted. I smiled when she thought she had me. Once her soul entered my body, I disappeared in a puff of smoke. Clone number one.
-
Ichigo had me in a headlock, and I was pretty much choking and laughing at the same time. His vice grip was insanely strong- too much for me to handle. It felt like iron chains wrapping around my neck and being pulled. I kept hitting his arm, trying to loosen his grip.
 
“Give up Sakura! I know you're the real one!” Ichigo said triumphantly. I snorted and kept struggling.
 
I sagged a little, slightly closing my eyes. Ichigo became alarmed and loosened his grip. I gasped for air and kept coughing violently.
 
“S-Sakura?” Ichigo whispered, scared at what he'd just done.
 
“You…” I panted, pointing an accusing finger. I bounced up in the air and grinned. “…Fell for it!”
 
Poof! Clone number two, out.
-
I was sitting under the warm sun in a barren tree. All the leaves had fallen away by now. The wind was crispy, sending waves of chakra flowing through the air. I could feel my pursuers coming closing. I grinned, standing and holding my hands up in surrender.
 
“Good job. I learned that one from Iruka.” I shrugged. Everyone was on their knees, gasping for air. I laughed and plopped down next to them. “What's next?”
 
Everyone immediately stopped breathing hard and stared at me with emotionless faces. I backed away, kind of scared. They all turned to each other, nodding in unison. I chuckled nervously, trying to figure out what they were gonna do. Out of nowhere, they all pounced on me, tickling me to death.
 
“This is animal abuse!” I choked in between laughter. They kept on with the tickles.
 
“We know.”
---
I stumbled home from my day with everyone. My ribs were aching from all the tickles, and I was still giggling from the tingly feeling on my sides. I struggled to put the key into the lock from shaking in laughter.
 
“What's so funny?” A voice said in the darkness. I spun around to see Kakashi right in my face with his one lazy eye gazing at me. I sighed relaxed.
 
“What do you want, crow?” I asked, annoyed. He was popping out of nowhere a lot lately.
 
“The Hokage is summoning every ninja that will be standing in the front line.” Kakashi said gravely. I blinked in surprise.
 
“I-Is there I problem?” I stuttered, surprised at his grievance. “Did something else happen?”
 
“You could say that. Its Zakura,” Kakashi cut off, noticing my expression. I probably looked furious. “…Sakura?”
 
“What's wrong with her?” I demanded, stepping back so I could run full speed.
 
“It's not what's wrong, it's what happened to her.” Kakashi begin. I sighed in an attempt to calm myself. I flexed my fingers stretched my neck.
 
“So…?” I trailed off, waiting for him to finish. He sighed in nervousness and scratched the back of his head. “Spit it out, Kakashi!”
 
“We'll need to regroup with the front line because…-sigh- Zakura is pregnant.”
 
What the fuck?!
 
 
….
….
Yea, I know what you're thinking. What the fuck?! Yea well, that' what happens when the birds and bees get together. Anyway, this is friggin epic and severely important for the next chapters. Like I said, it's a wrap up of anything I wanted to get across before things got more intense. YEPPERZ, so here's feedback!
 
AnimePrincessInuLover: Okay, what he meant by the whole “…but I still have feelings for you,” thing was that he was really lying. If you go back again, you can see he said, “I don't hate you Sakura.” MEANING- he still has feelings for her but won't admit it. Boys -sighs- they are sooo complicated…
 
LusterBlossom- Hmm…now that you mention it, I guess I could put some more NaruHina in there! But by juicy you mean…?
 
-Satans_Spawnishly_Daughter-: NO WAY! Of course it ain't no Sakura/Ichigo! What do you think all the struggle was for to get this far?! And hell yea Sasuke's gonna get a beat down, but I can't say who's it coming from…lol. Yea, I'd hop into the show and kill him too. XD
 
CAN MORE PEOPLE FRIGGIN REVIEW?! Jeez. I wrote this long ass chapter, so have some friggin courtesy and review- its free for cryin out loud! FUCK SALT! lol