Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Puzzle Called War ❯ Enemy Lines or Allies? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Sighs- Oh boy, bad news people. I'm doing really badly in my algebra class this year, and we just took a test that actually counts. If I do badly on that test, you won't hear from me for a while. -Sighs- But anyway, it's two chapters in a row that kicked ass!! Soon, I'll be posting Zakura in a better version made by a good friend of mine. I'm feeling evil right now…Something's gonna happen in this chappy...Anyway, here it is.
 
`I serve it up with a shot, so suck it down like a man. So baby yes I know what I am, and no I don't give a damn. You'll be loving it. Some days I'm a super bitch up, to my own tricks but it won't last forever! Next day I'm your super girl, out to save the world and it keeps getting better!' -Christina Aguilera; Keeps Getting Better
$$$
 
“So, you've actually decided to return.” Tsunade smirked, leaning back in her chair. I rolled my eyes and turned away from her golden eyes.
 
“Yes I have. But not empty handed, of course.” I grinned. She sighed and leaned forward in anticipation.
 
“You got to him? What did he say?!” Tsunade demanded. I frowned.
 
“He didn't say anything. He just vanished in front of me when I mentioned it. But I guarantee he's coming. There's no way he'd let someone else take down the village before he does.” I explained. She nodded.
 
“Zakura said the same thing when she came by. She has a plan laid out for us and all she needs to do is set things up for Suna. She's a true leader, I'm sure.” Tsunade murmured, sinking back in her chair.
 
“Are you really that worried about all of this? We'll be totally fine.” I speculated. She laughed at that.
 
“There is no way we'll be totally fine. Many people will be sacrificed and die because of this war. This will go down in all the history books. Are you completely sure we'll be fine? Think of the outcome. He could destroy us all.” Tsunade said grimly. I swallowed loudly.
 
“We have Naruto, Zakura, Gaara, and Sasuke. With their special talents, we'll have an advantage for sure! That snake has no chance!” I argued. Her mouth was still pulled down.
 
“Haven't you thought out these things clearly at all? Zakura is way ahead of you on this one. The Akatsuki could take this chance to sneak in and take Naruto. He's the last of the jinchuuriki, and the strongest. Sasuke could turn on us at any time, or not show up at all. We can't rely on information we don't have.” Tsunade said, her voice final.
 
“But-” I tried to argue, but she held her hand up to silence me.
 
“We are not going to rely on that. There are other things to consider. If these are to our advantage, we'll use them. But for now, we're on our toes. You are dismissed Sakura.” Tsunade said.
 
“Tsunade-”
 
“Goodbye Sakura.” Her voice was final.
 
I grumbled and turned back around. I slammed the door behind me and raced for my house. Someone caught me on my arm, and I spun around to see who it was.
 
“Sakura!” Ino cheered. I grinned and hugged her tightly. She stared at me in shock before grinning so wide it looked like her face hurt. “You're back to normal!!”
 
“Hellz yea!” I winked. She bounced around me as I walked back to my house. “Ino, I'll stop by the flower shop later. Right now, I just wanna relax.”
 
“Okay!” Ino squeaked, skipping back up the road. I screwed my mouth shut so I wouldn't laugh out loud and hurt her feelings. She looked high.
 
“You're back.” Kakashi said, reading his stupid dirty novels. I smiled at the man leaning on my doorway. “Hello, Sakura.”
 
“Hey scarecrow.” I greeted. I twisted the key in the lock and the door swung open. “Do you know where Naruto is?”
 
“Probably with Hinata.” Kakashi shrugged. I looked at him in shock before recovering and brushing it off.
 
“Ah. Well, see ya!” I waved before closing the door. I slid to floor and bit my lip until it bled. HINATA?
 
I knew deep down inside she never liked me because of Naruto's silly crush on me. Who would've thought she'd make a move while I was away. I call that cowardly and sneaky. So, you do things behind my back and think I won't find out, huh? Naruto was not my property, but don't you ever think of doing something to him without me knowing. Ever.
 
“She's mine.” I growled. I headed out the door to his apartment.
 
Ever since my last confrontation with Naruto, I've always thought of him as my brother. And as his sister, didn't I deserve at least a little notice before someone else stepped into his life? I mean I don't need to know every girl he dates, or who's in his life. Honestly, that's none of my business. But it's just the way things happened that pisses me off. I despise sneaks. My hand cracked down on the door, leaving a small dent.
 
“Who is it?” Naruto asked.
 
“Sakura,” I snarled, barely hearing my name being pronounced. The door flew open, with Naruto standing there in shock.
 
“S-Sakura?!” Naruto shouted in surprise. I saw Hinata hiding behind him…only wearing a t-shirt.
 
“You sneaky bitch!” I screeched, pushing Naruto out of the way. She backed away looking frightened. I bared my teeth at her and slipped into a crouch. “How dare you!”
 
“W-What I do?” Hinata stuttered, still backing away. I kept reeling forward.
 
“You fucking coward! You planned this all along didn't you, Hyuga! I knew since the beginning you never liked me because of his stupid crush on me! Well guess what honey, nobody sneaks a move on my best friend behind my back!!” I screamed.
 
“I d-don't know w-what you're talking about!” Hinata shouted back. I stepped forward again.
 
“Don't act all innocent you bitch. I don't give a shit whether you two were together or not! But nobody on this damned planet does shit behind my back and thinks they'll get away with it. A little warning would have been nice. How dare you try something just because I'm not around! Fucking coward!” I shouted.
 
“You were never here to comfort him when you always put him down over Sasuke! What else could I do?” Hinata demanded. I reeled forward even more as she backed away.
 
“Excuse me…?” I whispered. I exploded. “I wasn't fucking THERE?! Do you know how long I've been around him?! Long than you, that's for sure. He knew I always loved Sasuke, and I've told him the whole time! And at one time, he accepted it! Naruto always knew even before you stepped in that I loved him! I never put him down because he never wanted to look up and face reality!”
 
Everyone stayed silent after that. I turned to Naruto and saw the confirmation in his eyes. He knew I was right. We were both warped in a way. Neither one of us wanted to face reality, we're defiant. I turned to Hinata. She was shaking and staring hard at the ground.
 
“I just…I just…” She choked, lost for words. I stood up from my crouch and suddenly felt bad for her in a way. Where was her part in the picture?
 
“Where do you stand in all this?” I asked quietly. I turned to Naruto and helped him up. “Sorry about that buddy.”
 
“Eh, kinda deserved it anyway. No hard feelings?” Naruto grinned foxily. I rolled my eyes and pounded my fist with his.
 
“You're my brother remember? There's an only good feeling in this relationship.” I giggled. I slowly turned to Hinata and held my hand out. “Just because I beat you this time doesn't mean you still can't be together.”
 
“Sakura…” Hinata whispered in shock. She hurried over and grabbed my hand. I squeezed her hand until she was trying desperately to pry my hand off with her other.
 
“But if you try something sneaky again, you'll be sure to lose a limb. Deal?” I grinned with my threat. She nodded rapidly and I immediately let go. She clutched her hand to her chest and dropped to the floor.
 
“Sakura!” Naruto scolded.
 
“Hey, you're my brother! I have to watch out for you too! Besides, the kid sister doesn't always have to like her brother's girlfriend, does she?” I smiled before walking out.
 
“That wasn't very nice.” Kakashi smiled under his mask. I stuck my tongue out at him in defiance.
 
“Hell cats weren't meant to be nice.” I countered. He rolled his visible eye and disappeared in a puff of smoke.
 
“Sakura!” Naruto called after me. I turned and waited for him to catch his breath.
 
“Yea?” I said once he stood up straight. He probed my face and checked me up and down.
 
“A-Are you okay now? Like back to normal?” Naruto asked quietly. I punched him playfully on the shoulder.
 
“Mostly. There's just one more thing I need to do before I'm totally back. But for now, yes I am.” I answered. His eyes lit up and he spun me around in the air. “Hey!”
 
“You don't know how happy I am! Please don't ever leave again!!” Naruto pouted. I grinned and ruffled his hair.
 
“I don't plan on going anywhere.” I laughed. He set me down and stared at me for another moment before turning to walk away. “See ya.”
 
He waved his hand without looking back. I kept waving until I couldn't see him anymore, then headed for the flower shop where Ino was waiting. She was bouncing behind the counter while watering some plants.
 
“Isn't it a little to late in the day to water the plants? The sun's going down.” I wondered aloud. She jerked her head up squealed.
 
“No, these are special herb flowers. I need to water them a lot because the soil absorbs the water so quickly. Only a pro nurse would know that.” Ino teased. I waved them off.
 
“Only a pro nurse would notice she's over watering a plant.” I retorted, pointing at the poor flower than was drowning in water.
 
“Oh! You distracted me!” Ino accused me. She poured some of the water back out of the vase and started panicking to herself. “Anyway, we're about to close. How about you come by tomorrow?”
 
“I don't know. I want to train a little bit, but I'll definitely stop by again.” I assured her. She waved as I stepped out and headed for the house.
 
The moon was already out and lighted the path I took to my house. I decided to walk and savor the moment. It was a while since I actually took a little time to slow down and relax. I felt a presence when I made it to the house. As I slipped the key into the lock, I grinned as the door swung open. I knew what was happening, and I was enjoying every moment of it. I ran for the stairs all the way up to the attic. I unhooked the latch and jumped onto the roof.
 
“The moon is pretty from up here.” I whispered. I laid on my back and stared up at all the stars that twinkled brightly in the sky. Everything was black outside except for all the sparkling stars and moon in the sky. I couldn't see anything else.
 
“How did you sneak in the village?” I finally asked, turning to my left to see eerie red eyes giving me a penetrating stare. He didn't answer. “Won't you answer Sasuke?”
 
He was lying on his back too, just like me. Emerald stared into ruby. For a moment I wondered if he was really seeing me, or just looking right through me. I kept staring on, hoping I wasn't imaging things again. I didn't blink until my eyes started burning. He vanished.
 
“Sasuke?!” I whispered loudly, flying up into sitting position and frantically looking around. Ice-cold hands caught my chin and jerked my face forward. I was staring into those rubies again.
 
“Sakura.” He said in the same dead voice. I wasn't annoyed at it this time.
 
“Why did you just run away like that when we last spoke?” I whispered, really wanting to know. He stayed silent anyway, not answering. “Please answer.”
 
“You took me off guard.” Sasuke grunted. When I tried to pull away, his iron grip held me in place.
 
“Why are you here? Why now?” I asked.
 
“You wanted to see me, didn't you?” He countered. His hands finally left my face. I buried my face into his chest, keeping my hands at my sides.
 
“I still have my locket,” I mused.
 
“And didn't you vow three years ago you'd come after me and kill me?” His eyes looked amused. “But earlier you said you couldn't.”
 
“Does this mean you don't hate me anymore?” I asked. He stiffened himself. I braced for an answer.
 
He didn't answer. I squared my shoulders and pulled back from him.
 
“What?” I cried, shocked. “That's it? After all this time, you still hate me?”
 
“I've never hated you Sakura.” Sasuke said quietly. I bounced onto my feet and backed away.
 
“Then why did you tell me you'd rather have me dead?!” I shouted. He slowly rose to his feet.
 
“I was confused. I didn't know what else to do at the time. The situation was confusing. At one time I meant it, and at another time it felt so wrong.” Sasuke tried to explain. I understood exactly what he meant, but I really couldn't just let it go.
 
“After all that you put me through…” I trailed off, lost for words as I tried to form words at my struggle over the years because of him. I pointed a menacing finger at him. “Apologize.”
 
“What?” Sasuke spat. I shrieked a growl and my finger trembled in anger.
 
“Apologize for everything you bastard!” I screamed. I started shaking like crazy as tears flowed down my face.
 
I slipped into my crouch like earlier and flung myself at him. I clawed at his stupid cloak and kept screaming over and over. He caught both of my hands and threw me off him.
 
“I'm sorry for everything I've ever done to you. I've never forgiven myself for it and there isn't a day I don't ever think about it. But that doesn't stop the fact that I still have no feelings for you.” Sasuke murmured. I brushed off the remark at the end. Nothing would pacify me now.
 
“I don't accept!” I hissed, “Get away from here!”
 
“I couldn't care less if you did or not,” Sasuke said. I clenched my fist.
 
“The feeling is mutual! But right now, we're at war and we need your assistance more than ever! Yes or no, Sasuke?! Are you with us are not?!” I demanded.
 
“I pick no sides. I fight against whoever I choose.” Sasuke sidestepped my question. I shrieked another growl.
 
We have to work together!!” I screeched.
 
“That is for me to decide, and for you to find out.” Sasuke hissed, then vanished away from me again.
 
 
“SASUKE!! You know I'm right! Stop avoiding these things!” I shouted into the darkness. I punched the ground. “Ugh!”