Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Puzzle Called War ❯ Disposable Pawn ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

LISTEN PEOPLE: I know, know! There's nothing' wrong with this chapter right? WRONG. I'm sorry, but I had to do some serious revising after reading it like 10 times all over again. Even though the majority said it was good, only one person changed my mind! And that is ?!@. I dunno who the fuck you are but thank you for critics. I kept everything the same, except for the ending. So scroll down and get the story straight! The revision sign is in bold. AND FOR THE RECORD AND SPOILS, THIS IS A SASUSAKU fic. Yea, NOW WHAT?! Lol!
 
Some fool with wild, long sandy brown hair came and dun stole my locket…
 
“Take all the goods! Don't touch the women and children!” The leader of some gang yelled. I was looking out the window in the carriage, staring in annoyance.
 
“Pull the shade down princess!” The maid pleaded.
 
I disguised myself as a princess who gladly agreed with me to stay in her country with her secret husband. I kept staring anyway, holding the locket tight in my hand. The men knocked down horses and grabbed all the things they could carry.
 
“Let's go! Let's go!” The leader yelled. He was racing near the carriage and caught my eye in the window. He saw my locket tight in my hand. “Cool locket.”
 
He snatched it from me and raced off. I gasped sharply.
 
…Some fool with wild, long sandy brown hair came and dun stole my locket…
 
“Son of a…!” I screeched, sticking myself halfway through the window. When another member of his gang passed by, I pushed him off his horse and rode on.
 
“Catch me if you can!” The leader called. I growled and forced the horse to go faster.
 
They disappeared soon, and I was just following their tracks. When I finally caught up, they were all in a small village setting down everything they stole. They finally noticed me and stared in shock.
 
“Are you lost kitten?” A man asked, smirking evilly. I hopped off the horse and walked up to him. He tried to touch me. I swung my leg up and kicked him away. The others ganged up around me, ready to fight.
 
“Oi! She's mine!” I heard the leader's voice. I jerked up and saw him on his horse again. He raced away.
 
“Get back here!” I shouted, jumping back onto the horse.
 
We raced for hours until both of our horses dropped. The brawl began. We punched and kicked at each other for who knows how long. No one gained the upper hand for a while. I was surprised he was able to keep up with me, considering the chakra I was using. He grinned the whole time. Soon, we began to tire out and dropped onto the sand dunes.
 
“You're…a friggin…ninja!” I hissed between breaths. His laugh sounded like choking barks.
 
“You too!” He managed to force out. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity and kept gasping for air. There wasn't enough air to deny anything. But I still had enough mind left to see he was still grinning.
 
Everything went black
 
“You awake yet?” He demanded. I glared and tried to grab something. He tied my hands and feet tight.
 
“Feh…” I growled.
 
“I'm Ichigo. You?” Ichigo asked.
 
“Sakura. Now give me my locket you bastard!” I yelled. He laughed at me again.
 
“In due time. Here, gimme your hands.” He said, holding out his hand. My eyes narrowed as I slowly raised mine. He pulled me up gently, but I still lost my balance.
 
“What did you do to me?” I hissed. He stared at me indifferently.
 
“I didn't do anything. We were fighting remember? No duh, you're tired.” Ichigo rolled his eyes. I scowled as he helped me walk around.
 
“And we are going…?” I trailed off.
 
“A bath will calm you down. You can wear my clothes. I managed to bring some water out here, so enjoy it. I'll untie you now.” Ichigo murmured, taking out a dagger and cutting the rope.
 
“Go away.” I said with a flat look. He grinned at me.
 
“I'll sing so you know where I am. Have fun. Hi Miss Alice. Anata garasu no me de donna yume wo. Mirareru no? Mirareru no~~? Mada atashi kokoro ga sakete
nagarederu. Tsukurotta sukima ni sasaru kioku-tachi….” He started singing an unfamiliar song.
 
I untied my sash and let my kimono fall the ground. The water wasn't all that warm, but I enjoyed it anyway. When I was finished, I realized an agonizing factor. My legs wouldn't move.
 
“Ichigo…” I complained, throwing my head back in embarrassment.
 
“What's up?” He asked. Ichigo stared at me, expecting an answer. I looked away, refusing to say anything. He smirked. “Can't get up?”
 
“Shutty.” I said scornfully. He smiled at threw the towel at me. I frowned at tied it around myself in the bath, getting it soaked all the way.
 
“Here we go,” He murmured before picking me up by my forearms like a baby so easily. He did it like I was an empty box, easily. Ichigo cradled me in his arms and stared at me for a while before setting my down on the blankets I was on earlier.
 
“Thank you.” I muttered distastefully. He grabbed another towel and started drying my hair.
 
“So, you're the Sakura I've been hearing about- the one tearing up Suna with all those killings.” Ichigo mused.
 
“That's right. Don't think I won't do the same to you.” I threatened. He snorted. “Why are you so carefree?”
 
“I just take life as it comes, making sure it's fun the whole time. It's too boring to do nothing.” Ichigo murmured.
 
“Is that why you became a gang leader? To have fun?” I asked. He stopped with the towel immediately and paused.
 
“When I was a kid, there was a girl that I liked a lot. One day, I told her how I felt. She told me to make a wish, and when I did, she jumped off the cliff we were near. It leads into a river that connects all in Suna. I'm searching for her.” Ichigo whispered.
 
“That could take forever. There's no way you could find her.” I realized.
 
“Then I'll search forever. And if I don't see her, I won't be at peace when I die.” Ichigo seethed. I looked into the mirror and saw his blazing purple eyes.
 
“But, why struggle? Why not give up?” I edged. He took a deep breath.
 
“Because…if I don't struggle, then there's a definite chance I'll never find her. It's made me who I am, and it pushes me to search harder. I'll never give up. Never.” Ichigo explained.
 
So, he was just like me. He wouldn't give up or rest in peace if it didn't work, just like me. He was struggling. I was struggling. There was someone he was chasing after that he loved. Whether she was alive or dead, what did it matter? Finding the person was good enough. Then he struggle could be over, and you could live peacefully again.
 
“Honestly, I don't want the journey to end. It was so fun while it's still lasting, so when it ends, then what? Go back home? What home? No one will miss me that I care about. The only one I care about is the one I seek.” Ichigo added.
 
“Damn straight.” I muttered.
 
“Haven't you ever wondered why I took you with me?” Ichigo asked after I put on the faded pink and black dress he gave me.
 
“Tell me then,” I insisted. He grinned sheepishly.
 
“I…I thought you were the girl I was chasing. Your hair is the same as hers, with the red and all plus the green eyes. I took your locket to see if I was in it. Curiosity. “ He admitted. I stared at him shocked.
 
“You! You took my locket out of CURIOUSITY?!” I snapped, flying onto my feet. Bad idea. I toppled right on him and he laughed at me once more.
 
“Would ya quit moving around so much? You're supposed to be resting.” Ichigo said, quirking a brow. Everything went out of place.
 
“You…drugged me.” I grumbled, staring at the needle he jabbed into my leg with invisible speed.
 
“Yea. I did.” Ichigo smirked. I gave him a weak glare.
 
“Shove it…” I muttered before floating in darkness.
…Days later…
 
“How long do you intend on hiding my necklace?” I demanded, searching around his small room while he watched me with an amused look.
 
“Why's it so important to you? Why don't you just leave?” Ichigo countered.
 
I stopped to ponder that for a moment. Yea, why didn't I just leave? It was just a locket after all. Part of my purpose was fulfilled anyway so the locket wasn't really needed anymore. I abruptly stood up to leave.
 
“You're right,” I mused, walking to the door. He caught my arm with his invisible speed again and tugged. “How are you doing that?”
 
“Doing what?” He asked innocently. I glared.
 
“Moving so fast like that. And you're strong like crazy too. You don't even look that strong, and you treat everything you touch like some kind of empty box!” I accused him. He smiled slightly.
 
“I've been training in different arts all the time. This is the result.” Ichigo winked at me, and then his face suddenly faltered. “You're really leaving? I was just kidding.”
 
“Well, yea. I mean, it's just a locket after all right? I don't really need it, now that I thought about it.” I said, trying to pull my hand away. His iron grip was too strong.
 
“Stay,” He pleaded. His face reminded me of Naruto in so many ways. I pulled harder.
 
“No! I have to get back to my village. There's someone I need to make sure is there, and war is going on. It'll be impossible to leave any later.” I grimaced. He tugged on me so hard I flew right into him. He crashed his lips on mine.
 
“I don't want you to leave,” He mumbled against my lips. I stared at him shock.
 
“What is wrong with you?!” I shouted in his face. He didn't even flinch. “I don't even know you!”
 
“I…I love you…” Ichigo admitted, looking like I really hurt his feelings. I felt compelled to comfort him, like I would with Naruto.
 
“I'm sorry you feel that way, but I already love someone else.” I whispered, trying to get out of his face. He held me tight, his face still too close to mine. “Let go!”
 
“I won't let you run away. It can't happen again to me, I refuse. Please say you'll stay Sakura, please! Don't leave me all alone…” He said in a broken mumble, embracing me in a hug. I felt him shake.
 
“Ichigo…” I whispered, still in shock.
 
His face suddenly flashed in my face, and his lips found mine again. His sudden weight caused me to fall back and he hovered over me. He hugged me tight again.
 
“Sakura!” He cried. I swallowed back what I really wanted to say. My eye twitched trying to keep it in, and I felt like the vessels in my eyes were about to explode. I bit my lip to keep it from trembling or at least keep the words in. My armor faltered and I lost control.
-Revision starts here…-
 
“GET THE FUCK OFF ME!!” I screeched, punching him and making him fly across the room. I wiped my mouth and spat at the ground. “Didn't you hear me the first time you creep?! I said no!”
 
“But…Sakura!” Ichigo fluttered. He looked embarrassed, like he got caught for something. I already caught onto the situation.
 
“You have a big mouth you know that? Don't think those drugs erased me memory or anything cuz I'm trained not to fall for that! I remember you saying I reminded you about that girl! You just want me cuz I'm like her, is that right?” I shouted.
 
“T-That's not-”
 
“Shut up you liar! From the very beginning you thought that way when you saw me in that carriage. I'm not easy, and for damn sure I'm not some girl you can buy. I'm Sakura Haruno bitch! And for your info, I already love someone else!”
 
“Here,” Ichigo grumbled, snatching off something from his neck. He tossed it to me and I realized it was my locket. I turned to leave before remembering something.
 
“Ichigo?” I called. He looked up unwillingly. “Can we at least stay friends?”
 
“…Yea, sure.” Ichigo pouted in defeat and looked away. I laughed at his childish reaction.
 
“Then…I hope to see you at war. We need all the help we can get.” I grinned, stepping out of the door.
 
Well, at least we had an extra fighter with talents unknown, mostly. Now all I needed to do was find him again and assure that he was coming. Then hopefully after the war-if we survive- I'll give him a piece of my mind at last and be me again.
 
Either that or suicide.
 
 
YEA!!! I finished and made myself happy. Now I hope everyone else is happy now because I had enough niceness left to keep Ichigo in the story. Anyway, feedback has started again!! WOOH!
 
?!@ : Um…weird name but wutev. Thanx for the critics and I really hope you like it. Personally, I didn't really like it either. But now I'm satisfied so I hope you are too.
 
-Satans_Spawnishly_Daughter-: Sorry…no Ichigo and Sakura fic. But she WILL get her revenge in a sickeningly sweet way.
 
Sandragon: Actually, I wrote it before watching the movie. I just randomly saw it and was like 0.O!!! ROFL! But seriously, I had NO idea whatsoever.
 
AnimePrincessInuLover: Umm…I can't say it'll be a nice ending for Ichigo, BUT I REFUSE TO TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE WAR. BWUAHAHA!! Evil author iz back! And here's another twist for you- just what is the real past of Zakura? HA!! Evilness rockz.