Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Puzzle Called War ❯ Enter Rook ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heyy. This chapter has lots of killing and gory stuff, so if you don't like it…I HAVE WARNED YOU! Did you really think I'd go on without having some fun killing people? Who do you think Sakura is?! -Oh and the song I used is Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park.
------------LOL
 
“I know you have many veins in your forehead, but I think the one you're about to bust is essential.” I muttered.
 
Here I was, getting yelled at for no reason. All I wanted to do was visit my buddies in Konoha. How was I supposed to know they'd declare war so soon while I was still there? Where's the friggin' justice?! This has been going on for the whole friggin week!
 
“You are not fighting in the war. I'll tie you to a tree if I have to.” Gaara hissed.
 
“And if they bomb the tree it's your fault…” I deadpanned. Sand particles in the room rose, so I decided to shut my mouth.
 
“Stop being so disrespectful!” A guard spat.
 
“I don't know what that means!” I yelled back.
 
“Heard that one already…” The guard muttered under his breath. I felt like throwing something at him.
 
“What I say is final.” Gaara said.
 
“Well that's to bad because I already made the plan with Konoha for attack, and I'm involved in it. I'll to send them the rest of our plans when we figure out ours. Everyone is fighting, including me.” My tone was final. He sighed in frustration and gave in.
 
“Fine.” Gaara glared at me. I did the same.
 
We stood that way for a while before I simply walked out and skimmed a few rooftops. I had my black bag full of grenades. I pulled out my binoculars and searched for the giant mob of rabid girls. Why keep running when you could attack and enjoy the scene.
 
“I did it.” Kankuro whispered. I turned to see him plop down next to me. “The trap is set. All we need to do is cut the rope.”
 
“Good.” I grinned. More girls were starting to come now, filling up the boundary like we assumed.
 
My special grenades were full of colorful paint. These were in for it this time, and there was an extra surprise for them waiting with Temari. I pulled out my walkie-talkie.
 
“Cherry to Turquoise, do you read me?” I called into the speaker.
 
“Loud and clear. Ready when you are.” Temari answered.
 
“Wait for the signal. Over and out.” I turned it off. Kankuro snorted. “What?”
 
“This is one of the best pranks you've done yet. I can't wait to see it in action.” Kankuro chuckled. He picked up grenades and winded his arm back.
 
“Ready, aim…. fire!” I exclaimed.
 
We threw my pretty grenades at random girls in the mob. The screams of terror began. We kept heaving grenades until there was none left, with the girls screaming and stuck in their same place for shock. The bag went on empty. Kankuro jumped up and did the signal with his hands.
 
Temari tossed a sack and down came flying t-bones and different raw meats. Wails of disgust were heard in the mob. I noticed people watching the scene through their windows. I pulled out my walkie-talkie again.
 
“Bring out the dogs.” I commanded. Kankuro smirked and leaned over the rooftop with his own binoculars to get a better view. I did the same.
 
As much as I hate animal abuse, there were some things that needed to be done. Those dogs were deprived of potty breaks for a whole day, and I already know their bladder is about to burst. We also gave them no food this morning, so they're starving.
 
“Oh hell no!” Kankuro whispered in shock. I laughed.
 
The dogs tore at the meat on the ground and jumped on the girls. I couldn't count how many girls got pissed on. But that wasn't the only part of my plan.
 
“And for the finale, Kankuro cut it!” I yelled.
 
He pulled out a kunai without looking and snagged a rope a few feet away. Buckets full of water fell on the girls, making the paint smudge all over and mix. I fell into a fit of hysteria.
 
“MY HAIR!!” They all yelled at the same time. I watched them run away complaining about their hair and clothes.
 
“You are one badass.” Temari said.
 
“I know.”
 
“And you do know they'll tell Gaara. He'll know it was you. Isn't he already mad enough?”
 
“Aw…f-”
 
…Sakura POV
 
“So there's a concert and festival for the Killer Bees?” I asked, looking at a poster on a stand. The shopkeeper nodded.
 
“Sure is. They named themselves after the man Killer Bee who has the eight-tails demon inside him. We have it in honor of him since he brought peace to our lands by stopping the demon and confiding him into his own body.” The man said.
 
“When is this?” I wondered.
 
“Three days from now. The concerts at nighttime, and every crazy teen you can think of will be there from the land of Lightening. They all dye their hair, wear crazy make up and clothes, that kind of thing.” The man explained.
 
“Well, thank you sir. And I'll definitely be there.” I smirked and walked off.
 
So they were having some crazy concert full of crazy teens? I could blend in perfectly. Finding Killer Bee would be easy since I already knew what he looked like. They had banners and posters hanging everywhere. If I found him, I'd find Sasuke. But first, I needed to figure out where he was in the city. I checked every hotel.
 
“Excuse me miss, but have you seen four people in black coats with red clouds?” I asked an old woman. She squinted through her glasses at me.
 
“Why, yes! They checked into this hotel a few hours ago. Do you with to see them?” She asked.
 
I felt like running up there and slaughtering him on the spot. There was nothing that could stop me now. No! I can't do it now. He needs to serve his purpose before I start my own personal justice. My focus was back on the old woman. She was shaking in her chair. I had to do something to get his attention, anything.
 
“Are there any other staff around?” I asked in a deadly voice. She flinched.
 
“ Have mercy…I don't want to suffer…” She mumbled in a broken voice.
 
“Don't worry. It'll be quick.” I assured her, pulling out my kunai.
 
She shut her eyes and cringed for impact. At a last glance, I saw blue rosary beads in her hand.
 
SLASH.
 
It was fairly easy. There was no sign of suffering on her face, even though it was dismembered from the rest of her body. I started pulling at limbs. They came off quickly with a metallic crack of her bones. Crimson sprayed and gushed everywhere. I smirked as I skimmed the kunai tip down my arm, making more crimson fly. I felt good again, like those weeks ago when I was still the unnamed psycho killer hired by other countries for my skills.
 
I ran my fingers through a big splat of blood on the wall and wrote my name and the date of the concert. The old woman was now a pile of body parts and shredded clothes. I used my healing chakra to put my skin back together on my arms. I found a rag in her desk and used to wipe myself of all the blood. I looked into the closet for a uniform. My old clothes were in her pile as well.
 
It was a light blue kimono with red and white flower designs and a navy blue trimming on the sleeves. Underneath the kimono was a nagajuban that was a turquoise green. The obi sash was tan with blue, green, and red tree leaves.
 
I already dyed my hair black and put in brown contacts before coming to the land of Lightening, so my identity is safe for now. I pulled my hair into a bun and let the rest fall on the side of my face and cover my forehead with bangs. I decided to play the innocent worker coming back from break.
 
I screamed on the top of my lungs.
 
People came rushing out of their rooms, but my target was flying down the steps in an Akatsuki cloak along with three others. I sank to the floor and clutched at the carpet to hold myself down from flinging myself at him crazily.
 
“What the hell is this?!” A man in the crowd roared. I already knew the girl in his posse could sense chakra, but it didn't matter to me. I could control my emotions with flaring any chakra.
 
“What happened miss?” A white-haired guy from his posse asked. I leaned away from his mouth full of fangs.
 
“I just came back from my break when I saw the mistress like that.” I confessed, my voice cracking at the right moment. He stood me up and held me there, thinking I might fall again. I was glad. I was just about to pounce.
 
I saw him glare at the writing on the wall. I was going to smirk, but I went for a grimace instead. That would make me suspicious. But seeing him again had another affect on me. Old feelings started coming back, but not strong. I only managed to blush as I took in his features for the first time in years.
 
“Your name?!” The girl of the group demanded, blocking my view of him. She seemed annoyed at my probing.
 
“I-I'm Midori.” I answered quickly. She glared daggers at me and huffed. I'd remember that. Pounce the girl later…
 
 
The three days passed quickly, and my transformation was just as fast. I dyed my hair blonde, green, and purple. All of my hair was blonde with purple streaks everywhere and green tips on my crazy hair in a spiky style in a ponytail.
 
“I'm positive it isn't Halloween. Going to the concert?” A boy asked with gelled hair and all black clothes.
 
“Who isn't?” I said, smirking with my black and orange lipstick. He grinned and kept on walking.
 
I had to do my business quickly. There was a private party in the festival that I invited myself to, and that meant lots of drinks at the party. I planned to do something so quick that would kill anyone that had a drink in there. I made it to the tent.
 
“I'm Jin. I'm your server for the night.” I announced. Everyone cheered to bring out the drinks. I rolled my eyes and went into the closed off section full of sake in cups. I took out a tube filled with silver liquid and poured a drop in each cup.
 
“A toast to Killer Bee, for being so humble and sparing us, even though he's not here!!” A man declared. Everyone held up a glass, and I held up one too.
 
“Cheers!” They clanked their glasses together and chugged down. As I pretended to drink it, I threw the sake behind me on the floor. No one noticed.
 
Everyone stood their laughing and chatting for a while. Not even a minute passed, and people started dropping like flies. Almost their whole bodies were a pinkish red color, laid there with their eyes wide open like fish.
 
“I should use mercury more often!” I snickered.
 
I took mini sulfur pouches from my bag and spelt out `Concert. Sakura.' I pulled out a lighter from my pocket and through it into the sulfur powder. It burst into flames. I ran out to the concert just in time when the songs began. I was already jumping like crazy with the other teens.
 
When this began
I had nothing to say
And I'd get lost in the nothingness inside of me
I was confused
And I let it all out to find /that I'm
Not the only person with these things in mind
Inside of me
But all the vacancy the words revealed
Is the only real thing that I've got left to feel
Nothing to lose
Just stuck/hollow and alone
And the fault is my own
And the fault is my own
 
I want to heal
I want to feel
What I thought was never real
I want to let go of the pain I've felt so long
[Erase all the pain 'til it's gone] I want to heal
I want to feel
Like I'm close to something real
I want to find something I've wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
 
I noticed dark figure in the crowd not enthusiastic at all. I felt like flying at him as we speak, but I decided against it by jumping and shaking my head just like everyone else. Some people were screaming the lyrics, so concentrating was hard. I stopped jumping. It was like I see and hear everyone, but he was in my main view. Everyone froze in their mid jump and went silent. It was just he and I still standing there.
 
And I've got nothing to say
I can't believe I didn't fall right down on my face
I was confused
Looking everywhere/only to find that it's
Not the way I had imagined it all in my mind
So what am I
What do I have but negativity
'Cause I can't justify the
Way everyone is looking at me
Nothing to lose
Nothing to gain/hollow and alone
And the fault is my own
The fault is my own
 
Everything fast-forwarded to the present. The jumping and screaming continued. I composed myself enough to jump around like crazy again.
 
I will never know
Myself until I do this on my own
And I will never feel
Anything else until my wounds are healed
I will never be
Anything 'til I break away from me
And I will break away
I'll find myself today
 
I want to heal
I want to feel like I'm
Somewhere I belong
 
The music finally stopped altogether. The Killer Bees said their thank you and walked off the stage. People started running after them for autographs. Soon enough, no one was left in the area we were in. It was quiet, except for some other music and yelling in the distance. I braced myself and turned around.
 
“Sakura,” Sasuke said in a dead voice. Anger boiled inside me.
 
“Don't speak of my name you bastard.” I hissed. He just stared blankly.
 
“Then you speak, girl. You must have called me out for a reason.” He said bluntly. I flexed my jaw and spoke.
 
“Your snake master is not dead. He's declared war on Konoha and any allies. We'd appreciate your help. And for the record, that was a demand not a plead.” I stated fiercely. He stayed silent for a while.
 
“Is that so?” Sasuke asked in a bored tone.
 
“Yes,” I answered curtly. He raised his head a bit and sighed in annoyance.
 
“It seems I have no choice. We will help from a distance, then leave. I will destroy you all in my own way.” Sasuke kept his same cold face. My glare faltered a bit.
 
“You won't struggle?” I asked, shocked.
 
“The struggle is next. I know you didn't only call me here to demand my assistance.” Sasuke crossed his arms.
 
I dropped my arms to my sides and looked at the ground. I wasn't sure what to do now. Break down? Or leave? My dead brain somehow functioned enough to make my legs move. I ran at Sasuke and tackled him to the ground, with him not defying me for one second. He let me grab him.
 
“Sasuke,” I swallowed back a scream that wanted to follow. The walls that contained his name in a dead part of my mind exploded, and his name was bouncing against the walls of me head. I felt like screaming out his name over again to make it stop. I straddled him easily and stared with a blank expression at his face.
 
I wanted to kill him.
I wanted to kill myself.
I wanted to just run away.
I wanted to banish him from my mind.
I wanted to break down.
I wanted to man handle him a while as revenge.
I wanted him to suffer the way I did.
I wanted him.
Sasuke.
Sasuke.
Sasuke.
Sasuke.
SASUKE!!!
 
“I hate you! I fucking hate you! Look what you did! No smiles, no laughs. They're fucking gone because of you! I'm tired of the damage! I'm tired of hunting you down! I'm tired of being brain dead! Where did Sakura go?! Who am I?! I want to be me again! I hate you for doing this! I wish I could strangle you! I wish I could fucking kill you right now!” I shouted in his face.
 
He didn't even flinch.
 
“Why won't you do it then?” He asked quietly. My grip tightened on his arms.
 
“Because…because I…!” I struggled to find the answer. He remained silent for the rest of the time.
 
“Why won't you say anything?!” I demanded.
 
“Answer my question.” Sasuke said. I flustered for the answer, for anything. I refused to say the truth.
 
I beat at his chest and screamed why over and over until I felt like I was a little calmer. He somehow stayed quiet anyway. I clenched his cloak with both hands and pulled his face inches from mine.
 
“You wanted that answer right? Well, here it is.” I said, hesitating before saying it. “I…I…I still fucking love you that's why!”
 
He disappeared from my clutches. I didn't have to look around to see if he really left or not. I knew he was long gone. I fell onto my bag and stared up at the dim stars. This was so frustrating. How could I just go from hatred to affection again? It annoyed me to no end. I hated him even more than myself. I flew up to a sitting position, feeling my neck close up.
 
“I hate that I love you!!” I screamed into the darkness.
 
I'll find myself today
 
I want to heal
I want to feel like I'm
Somewhere I belong