Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Puzzle Called War ❯ A Moment in Time ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ummm…I can't think of anything really to say at the moment. Uh, I dunno. Enjoy and review, I guess. I honestly couldn't think of anything for this chapter! So, I'm just thinking up things as I write along! Yea so, whatever… Oh wait, I got something! I gonna be putting in some characters that we haven't heard of in a while! They need some spotlight!
 
“It's been a solid two weeks and we've been getting nothing but random raids from the enemy. Something is up. They wouldn't just throw themselves at us just to get killed off without a reason.” Kakashi said. I nodded in response.
 
“A diversion? Maybe they're stalling for something big to happen.” Neji suggested. We sat there silently, debating this new idea. Naruto crossed his legs impatiently.
 
Tenten pulled at a loose lock from her buns, saying, “I'm not being pessimistic or anything, but if they really felt like destroying so quickly it would've happened by now. There has to be a motive. A serious one.”
 
“What if they were trying to get us closer to the gates? In case you haven't noticed, they keep retreating back their lines each time they attack.” I said. “Pick off the strong players and massacre the defenseless villagers.”
 
“We should make new scouting groups. Catch them off guard.” Lee protested, clenching his fist in anticipation.
 
“What we need is an inside man. We need someone behind enemy lines. More information.” Kakashi argued.
 
We all sighed simultaneously. We've been pitching new ideas for hours, but nothing seemed to click. Everything was either too risky or just plain impossible. My brain was pretty much fried of any good ways to attack. Hell, I was even thinking about just running out in the open and try to figure out what was going to happen. What were the raids for? What are they waiting on?
 
“Information…” Ichigo murmured, deep in thought. Everyone stared at him in surprise.
 
“What?” Naruto asked. Ichigo tugged on his hair, still lost in his thought. He stared up at us seriously.
 
“They keep retreating, right? Well, what if they kept running away for a reason? What if they were seeking weakness and figuring out each of our abilities? They're testing each of our strengths every time they `attack'.” Ichigo concluded.
 
“Let's say that's true. What can we do about it? We can't just let them attack without defending ourselves! That extinguishes our flames of youth!” Lee exclaimed. I resisted from rolling my eyes and shifted on the grassy ground.
 
“Well, now that we have that theory, let's make a new one. I propose we go with Kakashi's plan and get some insiders behind enemy lines.” I said. “If they're gonna spy on us, why not spy on them?”
 
“And just what will we do once we cross their borders?” Neji prompted.
 
“We obviously can't just have a few ninja cross the borders. We need them inside of Orochimaru's lair. I've heard it was a palace type place, but who knows? Either way, we need someone in there.” I explained.
 
“Who would actually survive the trip, though? Orochimaru is no fool. He'll know something is up.” Tenten murmured.
 
“Then we'll just need someone who'll survive and won't get caught, now won't we?” I smirked.
 
“No,” Naruto whispered, turning his blue orbs on me in denial. “No way! Hell no!”
 
“Hell yes!” I argued.
 
“What are you suddenly arguing for?!” Kakashi demanded, turning his head to look at us both.
 
“Sakura has already chosen a person to be an insider for the palace.” Naruto growled, glaring at me.
 
“Yes, yes! But who?” Kakashi asked, impatiently. My smirk grew as I jabbed my thumb against my chest.
 
“Me.”
 
“Are you suicidal?!” Tsunade screeched, pounding her hands against her desk and she jumped from her chair. I punched my fist against her desk.
 
“No! Why does everybody keep asking me that?! I'm not suicidal! Who else would survive this besides me! Who else would be willing to go?” I shouted. “Do you have a better idea?!”
 
“A-Anything's better than this one!” Tsunade spluttered. “This idea is so foolish! What the hell are you thinking?”
 
“If you have a better plan, lay it on me cuz I'm dying to hear it!” I retorted. “You know damn well we need someone in there, so what's wrong with me going?!”
 
“I'd say this to anyone who thought they were good enough to go! My answer is no and this is final. Think of something else. Leave now, Sakura.” Tsunade said. I glared at her fiercely and sneered at Naruto on the way out.
 
“Sakura…” Naruto pleaded, running after me. I swiveled quickly and gave him the bird.
 
“Piss off!” I yelled, turning back around on my heels. He caught my shoulder, and I slowly turned my head to stare at him evilly. I spat, “What?!”
 
“You don't have to be so angry about it!” Naruto said, scowling. I jerked my shoulder out of his grip and glared at him balefully. “Jeez, what is up with you?”
 
“What's up with me?!” I repeated, pushing him back. “Whenever a plan involves me doing something, you always jump at the chance to object! So question is, what's up with you?!”
 
He scratched his head before answering, “I'm just worried about you, that's all.”
 
“Bullshit!” I snapped. “Stop getting in my way. This is a war we're talking about here, not some random mission! You can't stop me from fighting, and I refuse to let you do it! So, buh-bye!”
 
“Wait!” Naruto hesitated, shoving his hands into his pockets. I waited impatiently. “It's just…well, people have been saying some things lately and…stuff.”
 
“What are you talking about, Naruto?” I asked warily. He sighed and fidgeted in his spot in front of me. I crossed my arms, angry and curious at the same time.
 
“Well, you know, Sasuke left and all, and people were just saying crap or whatever…” Naruto said, struggling. “And, uh, they were just bringing up the fact that, you know, you might leave…as well.”
 
“Continue,” I pushed, leaning forward for more information. He sighed uncomfortably and scratched his head again.
 
“So, I was obviously kinda scared, you know? They could've persuaded you somehow to betray us…like, if it involved Sasuke or something. You know what, forget what I said. It's just stupid talk.” Naruto mumbled.
 
“They thought that I'd betray Konoha for Sasuke?” I struggled to say. I bowed my head while my eyebrow twitched uncontrollably. My lips pulled up unconsciously, and I started laughing hysterically.
 
“S-Sakura?!” Naruto exclaimed, confused. I grabbed my sides and attempted to put a serious face back on. “What the hell?”
 
“Like hell I'd betray Konoha! You can go tell them to jump in a hole and fucking rot! Just ignore them, cuz I am! I'm going to his hide out and there is nothing in this whole damn world you can do to stop me!” I shouted. My good mood was short lived.
 
“And just what the hell are you going to do once you get there? You'll be detected easily, I know it!” Naruto retorted.
 
“That's just it! You don't know what's going to happen? That's why we need to take this chance. There's no way in seven hells I'll get killed to easily, or get caught for that matter. You have to trust me with, okay?” I said fiercely.
 
“You give me no choice. I'd hate to do this, especially to you…” Naruto whispered, clenching his fists against his sides.
 
“Do what?” I hissed, stepping back.
 
“Sakura, if you go to that base, I swear on everything dead and living, I will never speak to you again. Our relationship as friends is over once you pass this border. Don't make me do it, Sakura, because I will. I swear it.” Naruto glared, his eyes colder than I've ever seen.
 
“So, what? You'll consider me non-existent if I come back? I'll be dead to you?” I demanded in a shaky whisper.
 
He gave me a curt nod and stalked away. I watched his back slowly disappear down the path.
 
“Then let me ease your future worries and just be dead to everyone…”
 
…Zakura POV
 
“You're fucking retarded.” I stated plainly.
 
“I know…” Naruto groaned into his hands. He peeked up from his fingers to meet my glare. “I shouldn't have said that.”
 
“Damn right you shouldn't have! I've been harboring in Sakura's conscious for months when she was younger and I know her better than most. You totally shitted her brain after saying that.” I scowled, punching him roughly on his head.
 
“I know…” He groaned again. I rested my head in my palm while he stared at me pathetically. “What should I do?”
 
“Hey, what's done is done. We'll just have to see what happen next. You how dramatic that girl is. Her reactions are erratic for everything.” I said, shrugging lightly. “She might try to sneak out of Konoha without permission.”
 
“What?!” He yelled, flying from his seat. I grabbed his ear and dragged him back to the wooden chair. “Why are you stopping me?! What if she really does leave?!”
 
“If she leaves, she leaves. Sakura can take care of herself just as well as the both of us can, and she decides her own fate. Whatever she does is up to her, and you can't decide things for her. Leave her alone. She's better off alone.” I said.
 
“For a pregnant woman, you sure don't hold back…” Naruto grumbled, rubbing his ear. I snorted and touched my belly unconsciously.
 
“I'm your aunty, remember? I'm supposed to be mean to you sometimes.” I clarified, grinning. “Besides, you wouldn't listen.”
 
“Sakura isn't the kind of person who can be left alone. She needs help, constantly. She needs me.” Naruto said.
 
“Like I said, it's her decision. When she decides she wants help, she'll search for it. Don't force her to do things. Sakura is not naïve. She knows when she needs help, and right now, I agree with her decision.” I said.
 
“So you want Sakura to do on a suicide mission?” Naruto retorted. I scowled and crushed my fist on top of his head in annoyance. “Ow, ow, ow!”
 
“No dip shit! This isn't a suicide mission, at least for Sakura it isn't. She's an excellent kunoichi, and she can accomplish this mission effectively. You are not her father, brother, or relative for that matter! You are her teammate and friend, that's all! Not her guidance counselor! Her every move doesn't need to concern you!” I hissed, clearly upset.
 
“Zakura, stop spazzing out. It's not good for the baby. It might get more of your crazy genes that Gaara's calm ones.” Temari said, walking in with brown paper bags in her hands.
 
“Did you get the ice cream and peaches I wanted?!” I demanded, feeling my cravings taking over. I jumped up from my seat in anticipation.
 
“Did you get the ramen from Ichiraku?!” Naruto shouted at the same time.
 
“Chill out, I got them. Put your eyes back in your sockets and sit down. I'll take it out now, you crazy pregnant lady…” Temari rolled her eyes, dropping the back on the table. Before she set the ice cream tub on the table, I snatched it from her hands. “At least let me get the spoon!”
 
“Hurry up, hurry up!” I exclaimed, ripping the cover off. The chocolate and vanilla ice cream looked like sweet heaven. She tossed the spoon and I caught it quickly, digging in. She gave Naruto his steaming ramen.
 
“I can see how you two are related…pigs.” Temari commented. We ignored her, still eating our heaven filled foods. I didn't even so much as look up to see her face. “Gaara is going to be pissed. He told me to ignore you when you asked for food.”
 
“Temari, thank you!” I cried, thankful that she ignored what Gaara said. I hugged her and she patted my back awkwardly.
 
“Yea, whatever.” She sighed, tugging on my grip. I let go, suddenly not interested in the ice cream. “Are you done already? What kind of craving was that?! You screamed at me for twenty minutes complaining about ice cream!”
 
“Sorry. It's the hormones, not me. Blame Gaara for raping me.” I shrugged. She plucked my cheek in annoyance.
 
“You know you enjoyed it.” Temari teased.
 
“Yea…I like it rough…” I sighed, grinning at the memory. We needed a new headboard and fix the damage on the wall…
 
“Ugh…I'm eating here! Talk about that later.” Naruto gagged, still eating his ramen.
 
“Why don't you just get laid or something, Naruto?! You're totally out of the picture right now, I swear! Go screw Hinata or something!” I snapped. “Get some rope and do bondage torture or whatever! Blindfold the damn girl!”
 
“Z-Zakura, it's not that serious…” Temari muttered, shuddering. “You could've left out the second part. That was kind of…overdone.”
 
“My ears!! They're impure now! Nooo!!” Naruto shouted, covering his ears. “You act like you experienced all this crap!”
 
“Well, it's hard to explain but…”
 
“…”
 
“What's with the face? Don't judge me!”
 
“You…you…Gaara…”
 
“No! Not with Gaara!”
 
“…”
 
“Wait a minute! It's not what you think! I have a good reason!”
 
“…”
 
“Stop giving me that retarded look! I'll explain when you're older and take things more seriously!”
 
“It's explicit, isn't it?”
 
“…”
 
“Oh, now you want to shut up!”
 
“Ugh, just fuck with Hinata already, jeez!”
 
“Why? You wanna show me how to tie the ropes correctly?!”
 
“Shut the fuck up!”
 
…Sakura POV
 
“One, two, three…” I whispered, staring at myself in the mirror. I grinned at my reflection. “You see that? I'm already disappearing from the world Sasuke. And it's all for you!”
 
Blood trickled from my arms like never ending fountains. I made another slit at my wrist and watched more blood flow freely. It made me wonder how much blood could be held inside my little body. I sat in the puddle of my blood, wondering about it. Why not find out? I started slashing at my legs, giggling at the blood flowing. It didn't hurt at all…it never did. I was in a blissful heaven.
 
Sakura, you should stop this.
 
“Why should I? It's what everyone wants!” I retorted to the voice suddenly in my head.
 
Put the knife down. No one wants you to die. No one ever has.
 
“Sasuke does! And Naruto will soon too!” I yelled. “Shut up and go away!”
 
I won't shut up until you stop this nonsense! You're just hurting yourself and everyone around you.
 
“Who cares what they think? It's my body! I can do whatever I want!”
 
Sasuke doesn't want you to die. Naruto doesn't either. They care about you, no matter how strange it seems.
 
“Liar!”
 
When will you realize…? You're too stubborn.
 
“Come out and say that to my face! Come out now!” I screamed, standing up shakily in my pool of blood. “I dare you to say that again!”
 
“Sakura! What the hell?!” Naruto yelled, barging into my home. “What happened to you? You're bleeding everywhere!”
 
I felt my eyes roll into the back of my head, and I was suddenly swimming in black waters. I scrunched up my nose and kept blinking until things were clear again. Naruto had caught me, and he was yelling something that I couldn't understand. Tears welled up in my eyes for no reason, and I sobbed uncontrollably.
 
“You don't care about me…” I cried, my voice shaky. Sobs shook my body like crazy as I rocked back and forth in his arms. My useless tears flowed easily down my cheeks, dropping onto the cuts on my legs and causing them to sting.
 
“Sakura, I do care. I do. So much. I can't explain it in words. I hate it when you hurt yourself like this. Stop lying to yourself. I care deeply about you; you know that. Why else would I nag you all the time?” Naruto shushed me. I sobbed until my eyes were dried out and my voice started to die down. I could barely breathe.
 
I was living in confusion now. I can't tell what was the truth or a lie anymore. Why was I born this way? Why?!
 
… … … … … … …
 
Thanks for reading people. Sorry for the wait, honestly. I'll be kicking it into high gear from now on. Until then, see ya!
 
-SmilezPeepz I Outtie!!