Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Remember Me When I Go to the Snowy Star ❯ Remember Me When I Go to the Snowy Star ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Remember Me When I Go to the Snowy Star
 
He couldn't stop. He had to. He had to run, run far away from all of it. The name-calling, the beatings, the sheer abuse he endured day by day. Why? That was the question that plagued his mind every night. “Why do they have to treat me this way? I have done nothing wrong and yet they alienate me because I'm different.
 
Like a child. Forgive me.
 
A silent tear burned its way down his cheek. Tucking his head behind his knees as he hugged them, he began to sob. Images then began to flood his mind. Images of those people who smiled as he let screams of pain retch from the depths of his stomach. No one ever stopped them, only helped. Only stabbed him and kicked him mercilessly. Drew more and more blood and cursed him for even being. In these painful moments, everything seemed to reach a state of clarity. “Is this how people feel when they die?” He thought so many times, wondering if he was truly going to die. As much as he wished to die and never suffer, he could never die. Only remember all the pain, all of those images.
 
I wish I could take away all your pain. Wipe away all of those tears.
 
He saw images of those severe bruises that covered his body. He saw the image of himself in his mirror, blood streaming down the sides of his face, dirt littering his blond hair. He then saw her. “It's all my fault, it's all my fault!” He screamed into the empty midnight air as the cold snow stung at his open wounds. No one was there to listen. Maybe no one he could see. His tears soon began to freeze and his throat growing soar as the frigid wind swept past his weak, vulnerable form. Gazing up to the infinite heavens, he wondered if she saw how pathetic he looked.
 
Yes, I see you. I'm sorry. Please don't dwell on me, you must go on.
 
Each star seemed to give pity on him, understanding and watching all those past who suffered. He missed her, missed her so very much. If only he wasn't so weak, he would have saved her. Years had past he watched from the sidelines as she found love with his best friend. He was happy yet part of him yearned for those soothing words she had whispered as he was beaten down in the streets. He was becoming so numb, like the day she died. Before his eyes, she fell, her rose tresses stained with blood, her skin pale. Tears again began to shatter the tiny fragments of what he called a heart. “I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.” He whispered through choked out sobs, hoping she was somewhere, listening to his pleas for forgiveness.
 
I hear you. It's not your fault. I let go of regret the moment that pain pierced my chest. You should forget all regret just as I have.
 
He found it hard so many times to wake up and see that picture of him, his best friend, and their teacher. Seeing her smile, he would give his soul to see that one last time. The warmth it gave, the love. Returning to his huddled form, he took a deep breath, needles stabbing his lungs. She was all he had left after his best friend and ex-teacher died. “I'm sure you guys are together wherever you are and are happy as can be. I just wish I was there with you.” He said gazing at one particular star, one that seemed the brightest. “Maybe that star is where you are, maybe I could someday visit that star and see you again and we can play in the snow” he said softly, wiping the frozen tears away from his face with his bare hands.
 
Silly as ever. Stay where you are because I don't want to see you until your sun bright hair is grey and your blue eyes have wrinkles. Please just go on living.
 
“I don't think I can live anymore. I want to see all of you again. There's nothing here left for me. Nothing matters. All of the pain, I've had enough.” He bowed his head then tried to imagine what a wonderful place heaven would be. His eyes were beginning to become heavy. His cerulean eyes ached from the tears he had shed and his heart ached because they were all gone. Slowly he closed his eyes, the cold sealing them.
 
Don't do this…what about your dream of Hokage? Doesn't that matter to you? Please don't give up now, you've gone to far to just let all of that suffering go.
 
“I'm sorry, Sakura, I can't go on. No dream can keep me going forever. I just want to be free, like you. No pain, no fear, no worries. No more fighting to gain what's never going to be mine.” Slowly he reached into his vest and pulled out a kunai. The handle frozen, he held it to his chest.
 
Please don't do this! Please stop now, you don't want to die! Live, Please don't do this.
 
He brought the blade closer, more tears of anguish falling from his scared cheeks. It shone, the blade was his way to that snowy star, the way of freedom and no more pain and suffering.
 
Don't do this! Please stop, Naruto! NARUTO!!!!!!!!
 
Small droplets of blood fell on to the pure white snow. His eyes were swollen with unshed tears. Quickly, he thrust the knife deeper into his chest, more crimson streaks spreading through his chest. For a few moments he stood there, snow gracing his brow. A smile began to creep onto his face and then he saw everything cleared than it had ever been. He saw it. That star was brighter than before and suddenly all of the pain ceased. He felt warmth. Collapsing into the snow, his vision was becoming blurred. He began to choke, more blood coming up. Slowly he reached his hand out towards the warmth. He began to talk silently, his voice so sad and gentle. He barely could speak through each choked gasp. “Good-bye…I…I will watch over all of you…”
 
Naruto you big dufuss hurry up! Were all waiting on you!
 
“I'm coming Sakura, I'm…coming” Naruto let his eyes flutter closed with the snows pure kisses caressing his face. Then he saw her, her smile. She was waiting, open armed, waiting for him to go and embrace her. She stood there in the warm light and next to her was Sasuke, brooding as always, but with a small smile playing on his lips. Then there was Kakashi, behind her, still with that pesky mask of his, his eye shut showing a small smile.
 
Hurry Up! We need to get going! We're going to be late for the Mission!
 
“I'm coming…Sakura. Just hold…on a…minute…” With one last breath, his blue lips became truly cold, his skin truly pale. The world went silent; the snow already giving his funeral out of respect for now, a great hero was lost. Time seemed to have ceased, the wind stopped and the air was still. He was then, somewhere on that star, truly happy, free.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The next day a young genin had found his body lying still beneath a large mound of snow. The Hokage was contacted immediately. A few days later, the funeral was held. So many people had gone to pay their final respects to their hero. All of his colleagues had shown up asking the same question. Why? They knew why. They all wondered if what he did truly made him happy. Was he in better place? Of course, he was free. For an entire six months the many mourned the loss Konoha had suffered. Many were relieved that such a threat was gone, however, all of those who knew him began to realized the truth about him. No one spoke his name, they thought he would never her their silent prayers for him. They were wrong.
 
He heard them and did as he always would have, protected them. One day, all of them would see him again. Some of his old friends could swear, that on cold nights when the snow began to fall, you could hear his laugh and a few words of comfort. They knew he would always watch over them. Though he was gone physically, he would continue to protect them forever. They never knew how many times he saved each of his friends children from certain death or serious injury. Only their children knew of a tall blonde man with deep blue eyes who would always come and warn them of danger or heal them when injured. They only spoke of him amongst themselves. One day, though, the children broke the silence and spoke to the Hokage about a mysterious man who continuously saved them. They describe him and no sooner than they did, tears began to well up in her eyes.
 
She knew who he was, and then told them a tale of the gallant ninja who spoke to the hearts of many and brought peace and happiness to those who had no hope left. She told of how he defeated some of the most dangerous foes ever to be born onto the Earth and won against unspeakable odds. When they asked how she knew these things, she told them that many years ago he was the one who convinced her to become Hokage. The children gasped in awe as she wove those stories from the memories she held so dear. The mysterious blonde man whose spirit they saw never ceased protecting them. She, however, made a decision to honor him.
 
Ten years after his death, the memorial to him was complete. It sat at the far side of the village and many visitors visited daily, paying respects to the man who protected their children from so much harm. However, those who had first sighted to man never saw him again once they grew older. They only remembered him. A few young genin teams would occasionally encounter him in particularly difficult situations. Sometimes it was even said that a young, pink-haired woman was seen laughing with him or even a dark-haired man was seen talking with him. Sometimes, a silver-haired, masked man was even seen getting chastised for reading a small orange book by the blonde-haired man. All of whom were identifiable by the older villagers as ninja who passed away many years ago.
 
As time passed, the descendants of those who he knew grew up and inhabited the village, telling tales of the Great Naruto who possessed the Evil Kyuubi but harbored so much power over him, he commanded the fox to do as he pleased and even forced him to fight some of the most dangerous ninja.
 
No one would ever know the great sadness that forced the Great Naruto to take his own life. Never would they know his suffering and pain. All they would know were the fairytales with some truth of his noble deeds. However, they all know one thing, he is watching over them.
 
 
 
 
(A/N: OMG! THIS FIC MADE ME CRY THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS WRITING IT!!! I HAVE DRIED TEARS STAINING MY CHEEKS NOW AND MY EYES ARE DEMONIC RED!!!! I'M SUCH A CRY BABY!!!! WAAAAAAAH!!!!!!)