Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Rubies & Sapphires ❯ Tsunade & the Bet ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: It seems people are overlooking some things and that I haven't explained some others. Everyone who reads my stories will read the notes below. You have no choice in the matter. It seems I'm going to have to do something your parents neglected. If I find them, they'll be sorry...
 
READ THIS OR ELSE: Either people are SOMEHOW bypassing the fact that I have hidden my email address from Fan Fiction and Media Miner, or they are getting my email address from somehwere else and are sending me direct emails. Most of them are fairly... Hostile, to say the least. The rest are borderline. If you want to ask me a question privately, send a PM from either site. Those who send me direct emails will be blocked. I'd rather not have my email address filled with hate mail. As Ibiki said 'Pigs who fail to comply will be failed immediately' I'll leave you to interprit that as you will.
 
A warning to people who want to question me on something: Well, since the majority of you seem to be unable to put two and two together, let me explain it for you so you will understand why there was no Oto/Suna invasion, why Sasuke didn't fight and why there were no semi finals in the main matches.Kabuto was in prison. I'm surprised by how little people even pay attention to what they see. Over and over again. Go back and watch Kabuto's actions during the main macthes and what it set off. 50 times. Then read the chapters of both my Rubies & Sapphires and A Tail of Two Bijus that relate to the finals another fifty times. If you still want to ask the question, then do us all a favour and cut your internet connection so I don't have to answer your pointless questions anymore. If I hear another person ask me 'When's the Suna/Oto invasion?' after I take Kabuto out of the picture in any of my fics, I'll kill them or block them, whichever comes first. Use the organ in your heads called a brain, assuming you are capeable of using it. Although judging by the number of people who asked this completely stupid question, it seems few of you are. FFS, do you even remember when I answered this exact same question in the A/N of A Tail of Two Bijus, providing the reasons that went back to Kabuto and the fact he didn't use the area sleeping Genjutsu because he wasn't Orochimaru's right hand man anymore? Jesus Tapdancing Chirst... You have no idea how much this pisses me off... It's like a scientist specialising in the atmosphere turning to a workmate and asking 'why is the sky blue'? The number of people who ask me questions that I either explain already in my fics or the anime/manga provide, and then even accuse me of making an error is astounding... Am I the only person alive who actually pays attention to the story line instead of watching explosions like a moth when it sees light? Someone even asked me 'why isn't Sasuke fighting?' and 'why weren't there semi finals?' in a review of chapter four, and when I told them to reread the entire fic, they used these words 'Ok, I reread it word for word but my questions remain the same'. You want answers to those questions? Fine I'll give them to you. You're blind. Before Kakashi used the Evil Supression Seal on Sasuke, he couldn't use any chakra becuase he would drop dead on the spot, just like in the real story. Why were there no semifinals? Because, half of the matches in the first round ended in a double ko, meaning that no one won, just like the Ino/Sakura fight in canon so no one progressed. In short people, if you don't read the manga or watch the anime closely before asking questions that are explained clearly not only in my fics but canon too, then don't read my fics. Ever again. /rant
 
A FINAL NOTE: People, learn some god damn manners. People are sending me PMs or reviews telling me to 'write a fic with such and such a a pairing', or 'when the hell is the next chapter coming out?' People, if you don't learn some manners and use your brains, I will disable all reviews and PMs, because I'm getting sick of it. Grow up and act the age you claim to be.
 
Don't like the fact that you people are taking my fics and update speed for granted and I'm pulling you up on your disgusting behaviour? That's too bad. It's time you little spoilt brats chucking temper tantrums learnt some respect. Personally, I wish a large portion of you went and died in a fire for making demands of me you have absolutely no right to make. If you don't like it, then go and do it the way you think it should be done and leave me alone. BTW, this chapter is only temporary. Once I've finished the latest chapter, I'll put this one at the top of the next one. I'm doing this for now to make you get the point.
 
 
I severly hope I made my point. My eyes were litterally twitching in supressed rage when I read one of the PMs/Reviews I was talking about. For 3 days, I didn't laugh and I considered hacking their computers and destroying them from afar, which I know how to do. And no, I will not teach anyone how to do that. However, after last chapter, it seems someone beat me to the punch and sent a worm to my PC. I'm now pretty sure that person's PC is permanently broken after I was done with it. They're attempt was rather amaturish, if I do say so myself. You know, I'm REALLY tempted to make my own fanfic site where I only let GOOD stories be posted and only people who have a decent amount of intelligence post comments reviews. If anyone can help me, I will make this utopia of fan fiction a reality! No more shitty one shots, no more abusive reviews, it'll all be good!
 
NOTE: if you see some form of 'twitch' as the only response to your review, then that means your one of the people who were the cause of the extensive A/N. Also, just because you said updates soon does not mean I'm angry at you. Theres a big difference between “I love it! Update soon!” and “Hurry up” or “When the hell's the next chapter coming out?” Those of you who use the first example are not doing anything wrong, however, those of you using something like the second or third are the one's I'm talking about.
 
Thanks to everyone who supports my views and offered help with the site, much appreciated.
 
Some people don't want me to explain the japanese jutsu names/phrases as they can read Japanese, but others do, so I'll explain them at the end of each chapter, or in the case of two chapters ago, here.
 
Nanjato: What did you say/excuse me?
Shushin no Jutsu: Body Flicker. The vast majority of people can use it, however, some have modified versions, such as Gaara's sand warp or Yondaime's less flashy Hiraishin.
Hiraishin: Yondaime's signature jutsu that earnt him the name 'Yellow Flash of Konoha'.
Hisashiburi dana: It's been a while.
Katon: Kyuukyoku Goukakuu no Jutsu: Fire Type: Ultimate Grand Fireball Technique.
SAYSHOHA! BAKUHATSU DA!: Not sure if this is spelt correctly, but coming from Gai, it's no suprise it's meant to say 'EXPLOSION OF YOUTH!'
Ninpou Kuchiyose: Fubiki no Kunai: Daibakuha!: Ninja Summoning Art: Blizzard of the Kunai: Grand Explosion!
 
I left out the REALLY obvious ones that everyone who's seen even ¼ of the anime will know and also jutsus that are either VERY well known because of multiple uses and/or Jutsus that stand out and have only been used once.
 
Comments/Suggestions/Questions:
 
Fan Fiction Section:
 
O.O.O~!!!: Since when did you earn the right to order me to make a fic? Ask politely, or don't at all. 'BIG Twitch'
 
BountyHunterAWL: Believe me, there are no other good free ones out there. I'm using it at this very moment and it's working fine. Did you follow my instructions and put in only simple words, such as 'suprise' 'explosion', and not things like 'twin rising dragons' and other complete jutsu names? If all else fails, make sure you check that if you're typing in english, it's set to convert from English to Japanese, not the other way around.
 
Gost: 'Twitch'
 
Arytimis Terun: Well, both Orochimaru and Itachi made it very clear before they defected that they hated every single person who walked the earth besides themselves. Naruto said he was willing to die for them if it saved their lives. Both are very different intentions.
 
Gaara the Sandwarrior: 'Twitch'
 
Nexuseragon: 'Twitch'
 
demon-sword: ... 'Semi-Twitch'
 
Gothic Kacie: 'MEGA Twitch plus killer intent'
 
Ant Crown: YES! Someone who agrees with me that Kureani is teh smex, as some say.
 
Flame-On: Judging by your name and the fact that you left an anonymous review, you didn't want your account to be banned and you're what I refer to as chicken shit. Obviously, you didn't read the warning properly, I said Reviews EMAILS AND PMS you idiot. Do you have acces to my email in box? No, no you don't. And now I remember why I disabled anonymous reviews. It was because of people like you. Now that it's disabled again, you have no choice that if you want to reply than to use your real identity so I can just block you.
 
Zarron: No, your question is a very valid and intelligent one. The only questions I consider idodic are 'when's the suna/oto invasion' and other questions that are so obvious to answer that they shouldn't be asked. Until I see either Sasuke/Kakashi/Tobi or Itachi use a clan jutsu, I will continue to believe they are uncopyable. Jiraiya may be able to teach them to Naruto, but be unable to perform it himself. The Rasengan is not a bloodline jutsu. The modified Shushin and Hiraishin are though, so he told Naruto how Arashi told him they were done, but could not perform them himself.
 
Media Miner Section:
 
sasugafaita: Thanks, glad you liked it.
 
Naruto-lovr: Both of them will make their first appearances either this chapter or the next one, depending on who it is. Akatsuki this chapter, Orochimaru either the next or the one after, depending on how long this chapter turns out.
 
Shadow_Man: Thanks for the review. I'm glad to see someone else actually understands how Naruto's mind would work in a given situation. The majority of people I've met have no clue, yet they call themselves 'fans'... What a joke... As I said to Naruto_lovr above, I'm introducing Akatsuki when they normally would have come in, IE this chapter, and Ororchimaru will come in either the next or the one after, depending on how long this chapter turns out to be. As for Old Man Hokage, he doesn't die, but Tsunade will still come in this chapter. Why? I'm not going to spoil it for you.
 
I am Dustin Imthurn: 'Twitch'
 
So, out of 14 reviews that asked me questions, 7 asked me decent questions. Now do you see why I am getting annoyed? 50 percent of you who asked questions had a brain and used it, and I haven't even started on the PMs yet...
 
Anyway, On to the next chapter...
 
Legend:
 
'...Human or Lesser Summon Thinking/Small A/N...'
 
'...Demon or Summon Boss Thinking...'
 
“...Human or Lesser Summon Talking...”
 
...Demon or Summon Boss Talking...”
 
“...SHOUTING/TWO OR MORE PEOPLE SAYING THE SAME THING/CASTING THE SAME JUTSU...”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&...Scene Change...&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&
 
Rubies & Sapphires:
 
Chapter Five:
 
Tsunade:
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&
 
2 Days After the Finals:
 
Naruto groggily returned to conciousness and knew from the heavy scent of disinfectant that he was in the hospital. He cracked open his eyes to see four people sitting around his bed. At the movement, they looked at him. Naruto's vision was still blurry, but he could make out the shapes of his teammates and Two of his favorite people, Kurenai and Kakashi.
 
“Good to see you're awake, Naruto. Can you move yet?”
 
Naruto nodded as he slowly got up into a sitting position and rubbed his eyes. When he looked at them with his cleared vision, they all had looks of relief.
 
“So, how long have I been out?”
 
“Just over two days.”
 
“Souka...”
 
The door opened and a nurse came in and smiled at him.
 
'WOAH, take two, did she just smile at me?'
 
“Good to see you're awake, Naruto-San. Most people after an expenditure of chakra like that would have been out for about a week. How are you feeling?”
 
Naruto smiled lazily.
 
“Not bad. Still a bit groggy from waking up after two days of sleep.”
 
The nurse smirked good naturedly.
 
“Not suprising. Apart from that?”
 
“Everything else seems to be fine. No problems.”
 
The nurse nodded and performed a few checkups before she wrote some things on the clipboard at the end of his bed.
 
“Well, I see no reason to hold you here. You're free to go when you want, just remember to sign out at the reception.”
 
“Sure thing.”
 
The nurse smiled and left the room, closing the door behind her. Naruto looked at his visitors and got serious.
 
“Mind explaining?”
 
Kakashi smiled.
 
“After your carefully chosen speech at the exam when you faced Gaara, not faultering even when he transformed and trapped the canine, most people saw that you were were not Kyuubi, but in fact it's jailor. They realised if you were Kyuubi, you would not have said or done those things. Kyuubi did not save lives with it's power, it took them and enjoyed it. Both your matches proved that you would not take a person's life unless you were forced to, even if they were an enemy. Having Gaara act as he did only helped prove your point. Quite a number of people have done a 180 and have come to respect you. Some still have very slight reservations, and only the ones who are clinically insane or leaning towards it still hate you. You really have your way with words, don't you, Otouto?”
 
Naruto smiled at Kakashi who returned the smile. Kakashi got up from his position of leaning against the wall.
 
“Well, when you're ready, the Hokage has asked to see you, Shikamaru and Chouji.”
 
Naruto nodded and got out of bed to find that he still had his undershirt and boxers on with a hospital gown over it. After his team left the room, he got changed into the clean clothes that were neatly piled up on the bench and walked out of the room. Kakashi had been right. A lot of the nurses and doctors were smiling at him. Others gave him a simple nod while one or two still gave him hatefull looks. He walked to the front desk and signed out, catching up with his friends as they proceeded to the Hokage's tower where they were let in to see the old man. Once in there, the Hokage smiled at them.
 
“All of you represented us well. Our intake of mission requests has dramatically increased, and every single judge agreed with my thoughts of your matches. They were most pleased to see Konoha has such intelligent, powerful aspiring youngsters in it's ranks. They recommended that the three of you be promoted to Chuunin, and I agree with their judgement.”
 
All three of them smiled, as did both Kakashi and Kurenai. The Hokage gave a short speech as to what was expected of a Chuunin and their duties before he gave them their Chuunin flak vests. He dismissed them and they left the office. The five of them walked down the street towards a Barbeque restraunt that they went to frequently to celebrate when they heard a group of people approaching. They turned to see the majority of the Rookie Genin with their Sensei's as well as the entire Team Gai, with Lee on a crutch. The only one missing was Sasuke. Naruto frowned mentally. He hadn't seen a lot of the brooding Uchiha lately. He let the thought go as Kiba smiled at them.
 
“So the three of you were promoted? Congratulations, you deserve it.”
 
The two groups joined up and followed them to the B.B.Q restraunt. Kakashi sweatdropped and laughed nervously.
 
“Hmmm, I don't think I can pay for all of you...”
 
They all smiled at Kakashi's antics.
 
“Don't worry, we'll pay for ourselves.”
 
Kakashi smiled as they entered the restraunt.
 
“Irashai!”
 
They took the long bench that was reserved for large groups and their orders were taken as they turned on the grillers in the table. They chatted about anything and everything, taking their plates of uncooked meat and began grilling them. They saw that Naruto had been right when he said he had learnt from the best. Kakashi never seemed to move, yet the meat was indeed dissapearing and his chopsticks had traces of cooked meat on them.
 
Naruto looked at Lee after finishing another bite.
 
“Lee, did you see why I didn't want you to use Ura Renge?”
 
Lee nodded slowly.
 
“Lee, being an excellent ninja does not mean throwing your life away. Sometimes, it takes more guts to know when to retreat than it does to keep fighting. There is a saying in Shougi you should listen to: 'A player who obtains a Pyrrhic victory cannot move their piece forward'. Lee, you're more important to me alive than dead. After all, I can't spar with you if you're in this shape, can I?”
 
Lee nodded, brightening up.
 
“You are indeed a genius, Naruto-Kun. However, unlike most geniuses, you do not take things for granted. You are trully amazing, Naruto-Kun!”
 
Naruto smiled.
 
“Despite what others say Lee, you're a genius in your own way. No amount of hard work will let somone open as many gates as you can at your age. Everyone has one area that they specialize in, whether it be obvious or not. Get better soon, ok?”
 
Lee nodded and Gai went into one of his speeches.
 
“Yosh! Naruto-Kun's youthfullness is an example to us all! He-”
 
Gai didn't get to finish his sentence as Ino and Tenten gave him a punch to the head, causing two large bumps to appear. Naruto and Kakashi smiled lazily at them and everyone got a sense of grim satisfaction that Gai had been stopped from one of his rampages spoiling the meal, except Lee who was mortified. The friendly chat kept up through the meal as they discussed topics of many natures. Even Lee seemed to forget his current predecament and joined in the conversation as he ate.
 
They enjoyed the meal and paid the bill with a generous tip before walking out. They decided to split up to do their own things, leaving Naruto to his own devices.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&
 
Early Two Mornings Later:
 
Naruto was awoken by a slight tapping noise that repeated itself rythmically.
 
Tap tap tap.
 
Naruto looked to his bedroom window to see a messenger pidgeon tapping on his window as he opened it and took the message from the cainster on it's leg. It's job done, the pidgeon took flight and headed back to it's home. Naruto unrolled the message and read it.
 
'Please report to the Hokage Tower ASAP.'
 
Nartuo destroyed the note and got dressed hurridly before he grabbed his ninja pouch and rushed out the door.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
 
Hokage Tower:
 
When he got there, Naruto met something he never thought he would. When the ANBU guard admitted him in, he saw that the old man was not there. However, the council memebers, which were the old man's two former team mates, as well as Jiraiya and the heads of the major clans were all present. When the door opened, the conversation in the room stopped and everyone turned to him. Naruto noticed the looks. There was anger, fear and other emotions, however, they were not directed at him. Naruto closed the door and stepped up.
 
“I can tell by the looks on your faces and the fact that all the major people of the village are here that something big happened.”
 
Jiraiya nodded.
 
“Not one, but two major things. It seems that Sarutobi-Sensei was making his regular weekly check up on the trator Kabuto when the ANBU that were supposed to be guarding him attacked. They were standing directly behind him and gave no prior indication of their intentions before the strike. Sarutobi was greviously wounded and the ANBU took Kabuto and escaped. He's unable to continue work as the Hokage, so we esentially have lost our leader.”
 
Naruto nodded slowly. For even ANBU to mask their intentions that well from a Kage showed a great deal of skill.
 
“So I guess that explains why everyone is here, to sort out who'll be the Godaime?”
 
The female village elder, Koharu nodded.
 
“We initially asked Jiraiya to be the new Hokage, however he has declined.”
 
Naruto nodded. He could tell that he played some role in this, however, what that role was, he had no clue of.
 
“So, if Jiraiya-Sensei declined, why was I brought here?”
 
The other council member, Homura spoke.
 
“Naruto, Jiraiya may have declined, but he has suggested that we instate another of the Sannin as the Godaime.”
 
Orochimaru was not even considerable, so that left one person.
 
“Tsunade?”
 
Jiraiya nodded.
 
“Yeah, Tsunade. However, she will be hard to trace. The only clue we will have is the trail of debt she leaves behind.”
 
Naruto sweatdropped. So the name 'Legendary Sucker' wasn't just for show. That still left one question.
 
“So, why was I brought here?”
 
Jiraiya smiled and put a hand on Naruto's head.
 
“You're coming with me to get her. After your speech at the Main Matches, we're going to need you.”
 
Naruto raised an eyebrow.
 
“She's not going to come back willingly, then?”
 
Jiraiya shook his head.
 
“If anything, she'll resist. Her experience with the word 'Hokage' isn't pleasant, to say the least.”
 
Naruto nodded. Jiraiya turened back to the others.
 
“It may take a month or two to find her. Can you handle things until we get back?”
 
Koharu nodded.
 
“We have set up an emergency extended council that consists of the clan heads until you return. Please do not fail, as this is only temporary.”
 
Jiraiya nodded.
 
“Sure thing. Naruto, get your stuff and meet me at the West Gate in 30 minutes.”
 
“On it.”
 
Naruto puffed out of existance and arrived moments later at his appartment. He gathered his things and left a note for Kakashi before making himself a quick bowl of instant ramen. He gobbled it down and ran to the West Gate. Jiraiya was there waiting for him, and once he arrived they set off to find Tsunade.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&
 
At a Lodging Town not Far Away:
 
Jiraiya led Naruto to a small lodging town, claiming he was going to start searching here. Jiraiya led Naruto to an inn and picked up the keys before he turned around to see a rather stunning black haired woman in a rather skimpy violet dress. Naruto smiled at her while Jiraiya went mad.
 
'She's beautiful, sure... But she's nothing compaired to her...'
 
Jiraiya slammed the keys into Naruto's hand before Naruto sensed something unusual about her.
 
“Jiraiya-”
 
“Take the keys and go practice in our room.”
 
“Listen.”
 
Jiraiya stopped and looked at Naruto who narrowed his eyes.
 
“Somethings... Not right. My Genjutsu sense is on the verge of being set off when I look at her... Be careful.”
 
Jiraiya nodded but direguarded the warning as he ran off to do what he did best. Naruto sighed.
 
“Kuso Ero-Sennin... Be careful...”
 
Naruto took the keys up to his room and let himself in and began theorising about a new jutsu when he heard a knock at the door. He sensed no chakra, so he took the key and went to open it. When he did he stared. Black cloaks with swirling red clouds...
 
“Akatsuki...”
 
Naruto noticed the Sharingan in the smaller of the pair. There was only one person who could have those eyes with three commas...
 
“Uchiha... Itachi...”
 
A second figure stepped out from behind him. A figure that reminded Naruto of a very familiar shark.
 
“Hosigake... Kisame...”
 
There was only one word that could describe his situation. Screwed. Totally, fatally, utterly screwed.
 
“Oh? Seems he knows us, Itachi-San.”
 
“Naruto-Kun. Step outside please.”
 
What could he do? If he tried to run, he'd be caught and seriously wounded. If he tried to fight, it'd be over before he could do anything. So he did the only thing he could. He stepped outside. Itachi made way for him. Kisame smiled ferally at him.
 
“Hmm, Itachi-San. It'd be troublesome if he moved around. Shall I cut of a leg?”
 
Naruto sweat dropped.
 
“I know when I'm outmatched. No point in cutting of a leg. If I run, you'll catch me. If I fight, you'll beat me. I lost this the second you knocked on the door...”
 
Kisame smiled.
 
“Hmm, seems he's not entirely stupid. Well brat, let's get going.”
 
Kisame stopped as Naruto felt a rather weak amount of killer intent come from the opposite end of the hallway. Naruto looked and groaned mentally. It was Sasuke.
 
“It's been a while, Sasuke.”
 
Itachi showed no emotion. His voice was deadpan, his face made no movement save his mouth to form the words. Kisame looked over his shoulder at their newest guest.
 
“Oh? It's the Sharingan. And he looks very simmilar to you, Itachi-San. I heard you killed the entire clan.”
 
Naruto felt a spike in Sasuke's chakra at the last sentence. Sasuke got the look of a madman.
 
“Uchiha Itachi. Like you've said, I've hated you and detested you, and... I've SURVIVED!”
 
Sasuke charged Itachi who looked bored for a second before regaining the emotionless mask. Itachi grabbed Sasuke's fist and held it.
 
“I'm not interested in you at the moment, Sasuke.”
 
Naruto saw his chance and used Shushin to get to where he felt Jiraiya's chakra source in the distance. Right now, Naruto knew that Sasuke was unreachable with words, so he had no choice but to leave him to the mercy of his brother and Kisame. When Naruto appeared next to Jiraiya, the man saw Naruto's fearful look.
 
“Akatsuki are here.”
 
Jiraiya understood the danger immediately and took his bag from Naruto.
 
“Let's go.”
 
Jiraiya and Naruto both summoned an animal. Jiraiya a frog and Naruto a wolf. If they went on foot, the Akatsuki would catch them easily, however, on mounts, they stood a fighting chance. Both of them tore through the town and got out, not looking back over their shoulders. The wolf's sense of smell was enough to tell them that they were being pursued. They increased their speed as they tore through the trees when they felt several chakra sources flare, all of them VERY familiar. One of which made Naruto's heart stop.
 
“Kurenai-Chan!”
 
Naruto turned the wolf around and charged back, not even hearing Jiraiya's warning to stop. When Naruto got close enough to see, he saw something that made him seethe. Itachi was about to stab Kurenai with a rather long kunai. Nartuto took his chances and used Shushin to flash over to Itachi to try and draw attention away from Kurenai. Itachi put a hand up and grabbed Naruto's extended foot and threw him through several trees before his momentum was lessened enough for the forth tree to absorb his impact. He got up, and rushed back to see Itachi holding Kurenai around the throat with one arm and the elongated kunai at her jugular vein. Itachi was looking directly at Naruto.
 
“Naruto-Kun, you will come with us, or we will kill this woman.”
 
Naruto's eyes widened. Knowing how Itachi had murdered over 300 people when he was 13 in under 24 hours, Naruto didn't doubt he wouldn't back up his threat if need be. Naruto saw the look in Kurenai's eyes. One that screamed 'don't you dare'. The kunai moved closer and touched the skin, drawing a trickle of blood. Naruto let his emotions get the better of him as he released a huge spike of killer intent which made Kisame smiled.
 
“Seems you struck a nerve, Itachi-San. Wonder if she's his this?”
 
Kisame held up his little finger to indicate that he was implying she was his 'girlfriend'. Naruto turned a deep shade of crimson and when Kurenai saw this reaction Naruto made to whatever Kisame was doing behind her and let a slight flush tint her cheeks. Kisame grinned.
 
“Seems I was right.”
 
Naruto looked at them, a look of calculation in his eyes. He had one shot at this. One and only one. If he stuffed it up, that was it. If he succeded, he may just be able to get Kurenai away from Itachi's grasp. Naruto sighed and lowered his head, mentally muttering the word 'Kai'. No one noticed what had happened, and thought he was considering his options. Naruto just vanished and reappeared less than half a second later with his foot connecting with Itachi's stomach. He only realised his mistake when he kicked it. His eyes widened at the surge of chakra from Itachi as he grabbed Kurenai and tried to make it as far away as he could before the Kage Bunshin exploded. He could not escape the entire blast radius, but enough to make sure he would live. He shielded Kurenai with his body and took the blast full in the back, turning over to take the fall as well, much to Kurenai's dismay. By this stage, Jiraiya had made it to the clearing. Kisame growled and backed up against his raven haired companion.
 
“This is getting out of hand, Itachi-San.”
 
“Kisame, we're leaving.”
 
Both of them dissapeared and all attention turned to Naruto, who was on the ground panting. Jiraiya checked him and confimed that his tenant was doing it's job by healing his burns and cuts. Naruto looked up at Kurenai who was also checking him.
 
“Kurenai-Chan... Daijobu?”
 
Kurenai smiled at him.
 
“I'm fine.”
 
“Souka....”
 
“Naruto, let me see your face.”
 
Naruto pulled down his mask and froze as Kurenai leaned in and gave him a kiss on the lips, much to the shock of those present. After getting over the initial shock, he began trembling and blushing furiously. Jiraiya, not missing a beat, pulled out his 'research' notebook and a pen and began scribbling furiously as he let out restrained perverted giggles until he found his notebook shreaded into pieces in his hands, seeing Asuma holding his trench knives with the blade extended by chakra and Kakashi twirling a kunai by the ring on the pommel. Naruto on the other hand, couldn't give a damn about anyone else but himself and the fact that the woman of his dreams was kissing him. Her lips tasted oddly of strawberries. After what felt like an eternity, Kurenai pulled back, her lips tugging slightly at his as they separated. Asuma smirked at the situation.
 
“And so the ice queen of Konoha melts at the hands of a 12 year old.”
 
Kakashi, Asuma and Jiraiya knew this was going to be ammo for quite some time to come. Kurenai smiled at Naruto's expresson that showed he was completely out of it. She spoke to the others just as much as to Naruto.
 
“Naruto, you're more of a man than any of these three could be.”
 
The three in question had their 'ammo' ripped away from them and a huge ego bruise to boot with the claim and their faces turned from calculated grins to looks of defeat. Gai smiled as he pumped his fist.
 
“Yosh! Naruto-Kun's flames of youth burn more brightly than ever before! When I get back to Konoha, Lee and I will do 50 laps around Konoha on our hands!”
 
Naruto could have sworn he heard an 'ossu' floating on the wind, but he was too out of it to really care. Naruto shook his head slowly and raised himself to a semi seated position. Naruto shook his head to try and gain some semblance of regular thinking patterns back, but only partially succeded. Naruto looked up at Kurenai and blushed heavily when she saw her smiling at him. Gathering his thoughts he pulled his mask back up and stood up. Naruto looked serious.
 
“What happened to Sasuke?”
 
The other Jounin's faces went blank before Kakashi answered for them.
 
“It seems Itachi broke several ribs, his wrist and unleashed a huge amount of psychological torture on him. At the moment, he's a vegitable. We really need you to get Tsunade back. Konoha's current capabilities to heal injurues cannot heal that extent of damage.”
 
Naruto nodded.
 
“We'll get her.”
 
Jiraiya was still greiving over the loss of his precious 'research material' when Naruto walked up to him and smiled, tilting his head to the side.
 
“Come on, Sensei. We have a job to do.”
 
“S... Sure...”
 
Naruto turned back to Kurenai and smiled before raising a hand and dissapearing, leaving the three Jounin to get Uchiha Sasuke and return to Konoha.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
About a Week Later:
 
Naruto had followed Jiraiya through several towns, searching bars and gambling dens for any hint. When they did get one, they followed the advice and eventually, they ended up in a city that didn't suprise them whatsoever.
 
“Tanzaku City. Known as the Fire Country's biggest gambling den. Not suprising she's here.”
 
Naruto sweatdropped. He followed Jiraiya up the winding stone stairs that led up to the front of the city. Being a castle city, when they built it they had chosen a raised plataeu that would tire the attackers before they could even launch an assault on the castle's outer walls. Now, since the days of feudal lords attacking one another with their private army of samurai were long gone, the town located inside the castle walls had extended to the limits of the raised plataeu and the outer walls had been pulled down to give a more inviting feeling to the city. Once they got up there, they immediately began searching for the where abouts of Tsunade by asking people if they had seen her when presented with a photo. By nightfall, not a single person they had questioned had seen her so they decided to stop by a bar for a drink and nibblies before turning in for the night. However, luck decided to smile on them as they entered and both Naruto and Jiraiya saw two women sitting at a booth near the back of the bar. One was a brunette that held a pig, while the other one wa most definitely-
 
“TSUNADE!”
 
“JIRAIYA?”
 
Naruto smiled and followed as Jiraiya walked over to them.
 
“I finally found you, boy am I beat.”
 
Jiraiya sat opposite Tsunade who's cheeks were flushed pink from her drunken state while Naruto sat opposite her aide. Naruto's Genjutsu sense went off when he looked at Tsunade, who noticed the stare.
 
“What're you looking at, Gaki?”
 
Naruto smiled lazily.
 
“The Genjutsu you're using. I've never seen anything like it.”
 
Both Tsunade's and her aide's eyes widened at this claim before they recovered. Tsunade pulled a stack of cards from her shirt and put them on the table.
 
“What do you want from me, Jiraiya?”
 
Jiraiya split the deck in half and shuffled them, keeping his face straight as he put the deck back on the table.
 
“I'll get straight to the point. The village elders have requested that you become the Godaime Hokage.”
 
Tsunade's hand flinched as she was about to pick up the deck and hand the cards out. She recovered and began handing the cards out between both herself and Jiraiya, keeping her face neutral. After a while, she gave her response.
 
“Impossible. I refuse.”
 
Naruto smiled, expecting an answer of this nature, which did not go unnoticed.
 
“What's with the stupid smile? It reminds me of that pervert, Kakashi.”
 
Jiraiya smirked.
 
“Not suprising, since he was the one who adopted him at the age of four.”
 
Tsunade's brain might be suffering from the effects of alcohol, but she could put two and two together. Blonde hair, blue eyes and being adopted at the age of four. This was Arashi's only son, Naruto. Most comonly refered to as the 'Kyuubi brat'.
 
“Did they send him here to send me on a guilt trip and force me to come back to the village?”
 
Naruto sweatdropped before scratching the back of his head nervously. Jiraiya covered for him.
 
“No. I took him with me to train him.”
 
Tsunade smirked as she picked up her hand. An Ace of Hearts.
 
“At least this one has some manners, unlike the last one of yours.”
 
Nartuo smiled, but inside, he was rather annoyed.
 
“Please do not talk about my father like that.”
 
Shizune gasped at Naruto. Tsunade looked at her next card. A Jack of Hearts.
 
“But even the Fourth died young. He threw his life away for his village.”
 
Naruto's eyebrow twitched. He was not going to snap. He hoped...
 
“Life isn't like money. Only an idiot bets his life so easily.”
 
Nartuo snapped the chopsticks in his hand. This woman had no clue what she was talking about.
 
“My grandfather and the Nidaime wished to end the war, but they wasted their lives before they could acomplish that.”
 
Tsunade flicked the next card into view. A Queen of Hearts.
 
“You've changed, Tsunade.”
 
“I'm in my fifties, even if I look like this. Time changes people, Jiraiya.”
 
Tsunade flicked the next card into view. A 10 of Hearts. She concerntraited on her hand.
 
“Sarutobi-Sensei is the same. If an old man is too relaxed in such a situation, of course he'll be hurt.”
 
Tsunade flicked the last card into view. A Four of Spades. She sighed as she threw her hand on the table.
 
“Being a Hokage is a piece of crap. Only an idiot becomes one.”
 
That did it. Naruto snapped as he gathered chakra to his hand and slammed it into the table, shattering it. When he looked up, his eyes were no longer blue. They were blood red.
 
The only one who's an idiot is you, you old hag. You call the first three Hokage's idiots and then you dare insult my father who saved the life of every single human on this planet in exchange for his life? It's bad enough the majority of the bastards don't care, but to have someone insult him because of it is unnaceptable. Step outside. Now.
 
Tsunade smirked as she stepped outside, and stared at the brat at the other end of the street. Tsunade noticed that Naruto's feature had returned to normal, however, the hate was still there as she spoke to him in a clearly bored voice.
 
“Back your claim up, Gaki. Show me what-”
 
Tsunade didn't get to finish the sentence as she found herself flying back into a building, creating a large crater in the wall. Tsunade got up just in time to see Naruto finish the job with the wall as she dodged to the side, grabbing his arm and hurled him through three buildings. Naruto got to sitting position, coughing and looked at Tsunade in hatred.
 
“Let me ask you one thing before you pass out, Gaki. Why do you care so much for the Hokages?”
 
Naruto stared at her.
 
“Unlike you, becoming the Hokage is my dream.”
 
Tsunade's eyes widened as she lowered her head. Nartuo smiled internally. He pulled out one of the Hiraishin kunais and hurled it at her feet and concerntraited his chakra to try and pull it off. The only problem was that he still could not do it, and ended up using a regular Yondaime Shushin to get there. Tsunade aimed a kick for where she felt Naruto was going to land and hit him right in the gut, sending him sprawling back from the power of the kick. Tsunade looked at Jiraiya.
 
“Oi, Jiraiya, what do you think you're doing teaching him something he has no hope of learning?”
 
Naruto smirked. This is where he would force her to come back, indirectly.
 
“Want to make a bet that I can't? I'll master the move by the end of the week.”
 
Tsunade looked at him.
 
“What are the conditions?”
 
Hook, line and sinker.
 
“If I win, you have to come back with us.”
 
Tsunade smiled.
 
“If you lose, you have to give up your dream of becoming Hokage. However, if you win, I will also give you this.”
 
She pointed to the necklace she was wearing. Naruto's eyes narrowed while the other's widened.
 
“Tsunade-Sama! That's-”
 
“That's Shoidaime's necklace...”
 
For her to bet something like that meant something was up. The fact she hadn't lost in in a bet yet meant she would likely never bet it. Naruto smiled.
 
“Stakes are high, considering you're betting that.”
 
Naruto's tone of voice used for the last word implied he had some idea as to what that necklace meant to her. He smiled lazily.
 
“Alright, you're on. One week ending monday.”
 
Tsunade turned on her heels.
 
“Meet here same time next week. Shizune, we're leaving.”
 
“Tsunade-Sama!”
 
Shizune ran after her leaving Naruto to get up and follow Jiraiya to an inn.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&
 
Later That Evening:
 
Naruto twirled the kunai used for Hiraishin around his finger absently as he thought about what he could possibly be doing wrong when there was a knock at the door. Naruto put the kunai away and unlocked the door to find Shizune.
 
“Shizune-San?”
 
“Naruto-Kun, I need to talk to you.”
 
Naruto opened the door and let her in, closing it behind him.
 
“So, what's up?”
 
“Naruto-Kun, please do not get the wrong idea-”
 
“Stop.”
 
Shizune stopped at the hand Naruto had raised.
 
“Do you know what kind of an idea I have about Tsunade?”
 
Admittadly, she didn't.
 
“Let me explain then. I think her actions are understandable. Jiraiya told me a little bit about both of them and what they meant to her. Studying with Konoha's best in human psychologist gives me a fair idea as to what she is going through, as well as from my own personal experience. The fact that she's betting the necklace means she hasn't lost all of her hope yet. Shizune-San, I'm not just doing this for myself, or for the village. I'm doing this so she can heal a very close friend of mine. My friend opened 5 Celestial Gates in the Chuunin Exams not too long ago to try and beat a Jinchuriki.”
 
Naruto noticed Shizune's shocked expression and knew she understood the implications of what he was saying.
 
“Also, while coming here, another Genin foolishly tried to attack his older brother and his companion.”
 
“Who were they?”
 
“Uchiha Itachi and Hoshigake Kisame.”
 
Shizune's eyes practically popped out of her head.
 
“Needless to say, despite the fact he was beaten to within an inch of death physically, he also suffered extreme pychological trauma. Tsunade is the only one who can heal him from his condition as a vegitable.”
 
Shizune nodded slowly. Her conceptions of Naruto had been completely wrong. Naruto looked at Shizune.
 
“Shizune, I'm not completely sure, but I sense a dormant evil radiating from that necklace. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it's some form of supressed demonic chakra.”
 
Shizune's eyes widened even further. This boy was something else.
 
“Shizune, were the two she gave it too Jinchurikis?”
 
Shizune shook her head.
 
“No.”
 
“I'm not certain, but I think that necklace will only accept Jinchuriki's. I'd have to see it if a normal person wore it, but I have a feeling that necklace will indirectly kill any non Jinchurikis that wear it.”
 
Shizune shook her head in disbelief. The amount of knowledge this boy had was incredible for someone his age. Naruto smiled at her.
 
“Don't let this smile fool you. I'm anything but lazy or stupid. It helps make enemies underestimate me.”
 
Shizune nodded and got up from her position on the edge of the bed.
 
“I'm sorry about that, Naruto-Kun...”
 
Naruto shook it off with a dismissive wave of his hand.
 
“I'm use to it. Don't worry. Sleep well, Shizune-San.”
 
Shizune bowed and left the room, leaving Naruto to think.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&
 
3 Days Later:
 
It was nightfall on the third evening of the alloted week. Naruto was training in a small field next to a waterfall. He panted as he tried to analyise what exactly he was doing wrong. He just didn't understand it. Sure, the idea was to get to the kunai using a method of transportation akin to the way summoned animals get to the real world, but how did he do that? He sat down and pulled out his supply scroll and summoned a bag of chips, tearing it open and digging in. That's when it hit him. He ate the chip and bit his thumb, forming the seals.
 
“Kuchiyose no Jutsu.”
 
Beside him, a small orange frog with a navy blue Gi appeared. When the frog saw Naruto, he raised a webbed hand.
 
“Hey there, Naruto. What's up?”
 
Naruto lowered the chips to let Gamikichi grab some.
 
“I made a bet with one of Jiraiya's old team mates. I have to master the Hiraishin in the next four days.”
 
Gamakichi pulled out another chip and ate it.
 
“Sounds hard. Isn't that the Yondaime's jutsu?”
 
Naruto nodded.
 
“Yeah. The thing I don't get though is that I was told that to use it, you have to move like an animal does when it's summoned to the real world.”
 
Gamakichi pulled out another chip as did Naruto.
 
“Hmm, so you summoned me to ask how we move, hmm?”
 
Naruto nodded.
 
“Yeah. Any pointers?”
 
Gamakichi thought for a moment.
 
“It's kinda hard to explain. We just do it automatically. Show me how you do it and I'll see what I can tell you.”
 
Naruto nodded and got up and pulled the kunai out. He hurled it at a tree and felt the familiar tug on his mind and he tried to get there as fast as possible, ending up just using the regular Shushin. Naruto walked back to Gamakichi.
 
“Well, did you feel a call or something that drew you to the kunai?”
 
Naruto nodded.
 
“Well, that's good. It means you can master it. When a human summons us from home, we get that tug at the back of our minds. As for how to answer it... I'm not sure.”
 
Naruto facefaulted. Gamakichi smiled as he pulled the chip packet to him.
 
“Try summoning one of the bigger talking frogs. They might know. Ja!”
 
Gamakichi poofed out of existance. That's when Naruto realised something else. Every time he summoned something, whether it be an animal or something from a scroll, they always appeared and dissapeared using a cloud of smoke. That had to have something to do with it. Sighing, he took out a soldier pill and popped it inot his mouth, ignoring the bitter tastes as he swalled it and felt power returning to him. He bit his thumb again and poured more chakra into his summon as he formed the seals. He might as well go straight to the top. He slammed his fist onto the ground.
 
“Kuchiyose no Jutsu!”
 
When the smoke cleared, there was Fenrir. For some reason, he thought that summoning Gamabunta wouldn't get him the answers he wanted, so he decided to summon his canine counterpart. Fenrir looked up at Naruto questioningly.
 
What do you want, Naruto? There are no ememies here, unless you mean that female of your species hiding behind the rock.”
 
Naruto had known Shizune was there for quite some time, but he had ignored her in favour of focusing on the task at hand.
 
“No, not Shizune-San. I actually needed to ask you something.”
 
Then speak, boy.”
 
“I needed some advice on how you appear in the real world when you're summoned.”
 
Fenrir's eyes narrowed.
 
Why do you need to know?”
 
Naruto gave a brief explination behind Hiraishin, the bet and his session with Gamakichi. Fenrir nodded in agreement with Naruto's decision to summon him instead of Gamabunta.
 
From my experience with the frogs, they're not the most intelligent creatures. I can see how much this means to your congregation you refer to as a hidden village, so listen carefully to this hint, as me telling you how to do it would be considered cheating. When you feel the tug, don't try and go stright to it. Got it?”
 
Naruto nodded. In truth, he didn't get it entirely, but he decided to let it go for now.
 
“Thanks Fenrir. Catch you round.”
 
Later, Naruto.”
 
Naruto jumped off Fenrir's head as he poofed out of existance. Naruto looked at his watch seeing it was already 2 am. He trudged back to the hotell room, thinking about Fenrir's advice.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&
 
Evening of the Bet:
 
Naruto had been trying to follow Fenrir's cryptic advice, but the more Naruto let the kunai go for, the stronger the pull became. He even let it go for so long that it started giving him a headache. Naruto had tried reading books and scrolls on what it could possibly mean. Finally, it was 8:30 pm, the appointed time of the bet. He had one last attempt to get it right. He took the kunai and walked out the door, going to the appointed meeting place. He walked past shops, trying desperately to think of something, anything that would help him. He walked past a closed shop that sold all sorts of odds and ends. Naruto saw a new fad that was just coming out. It was called 'obtic fibres'. From what he could understand, it worked via a method called 'total internal refraction'. Basically, a beam of light was shone into the end of the semiflexible glass tube and the dual layered glass bent the light back to face the other wall instead of just reflecting it like a mirror would. When it struck that wall, it was again refracted back as it hit the wall, repeating the process until it hit the end of the tube, where it gace a rather dazzling display of light. The tube was also filled with the light and it gave the glass tube a rather strange look. Naruto went back to his thinking until something clicked. He remebered Ferir's words.
 
“Don't try and go straight to it... That's it!”
 
Naruto rushed around the final corner to see Tsunade, Shizune and Jiraiya standing there. Tsunade looked rather confident.
 
“One try, gaki. Let's see what you've got.”
 
Naruto threw the kunai at the ground near Tsunade's feat and focused as he felt the tug getting stronger. He let it get stronger until the kunai hit the ground and his headache got bad enough to affect him with tunnel vision, and that's when he noticed it. There was an invisible tunnel of chakra from his position to the kunai, and it was dual layered. Time seemed to slow down as Naruto activated his body like he would with a Shushin and aimed at the wall of the tunnel. He was aware of himself hitting the wall and bouncing off it, straight into the other side. He didn't dare break his concerntraition until he slammed out of the other side of the chakra tunnel and appeared right in front of her as time sped up to normal and his vision returned to normal. Naruto stared up at Tsunade's look of shock. Tsunade looked from Naruto to the position he was standing when he activated the jutsu and Naruto saw her expression was mirrored on both Jiraiya's and Shizune's faces.
 
“I take it I did it?”
 
Tsunade was unable to form a coherent sentence.
 
“How...”
 
Naruto smiled at her.
 
“My dad was a genius, I'll give him that. I was walking past a shop on the way here that sold all bits and pieces. In the center display was a group of fibre optic cords. I gave it a passing thought until I remembered Fenrir's words. 'Don't try and go straight to it.' I let the kunai hit the ground and my headache got bad enough that I got tunnel vision and time slowed down. That's when I saw a dual layered tunnel of chakra. Using the theory for total internal refraction with the Shushin is what turned the flash of yellow from Shushin into a trail of yellow because the Shushin's light takes longer to dissapear than it takes for me to move, and although it doesn't give me instant transpotation, it let's me move at the speed of light, which is close enough.”
 
Tsunade, Jiraiya and Shizune's jaw dropped at the explination. Naruto smiled determinantly at her.
 
“No matter what stands in my way, I will not let it stop me from reaching my dream. I will become the Hokage.”
 
“Once more... Once more, I want to belive in it...”
 
Tsunade pulled the necklace off her neck, and placed it around Naruto's as she began to shed tears. Naruto stiffened temprarily as Tsunade wrapped him in a bone crunching hug. Naruto gasped.
 
“Tsunade... Can't... Breathe...”
 
Tsunade let him go as Naruto gasped for breath. Once he had recovered, they went into the bar for something to eat and discuss things, such as Tsunade being the Godaime Hokage.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&
 
A/N: Finally, it's done! This chapter was easily the hardest one I had to write for this fic. I hope it turned out well. Also, thanks to my beta reader, Shadows of Archonia. As a final note, I've just booked my ticket to Animania in Sydney for the 30th of Spetember and the 1st of October. I'll see you guys there! Until next time, my avid readers!
 
Ja ne,
 
Specula.