Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifice ❯ Capture ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Capture:
 
Sakura walked along the dirt road, staring in confusion and the chattering boy next to her. He was so glad and cheery that it was almost frightening. He turned around and smiled at her.
“You're pretty, Ni-chan. You must be Sakura. You're lucky to have Sasuke-kun by your side!” he pulled his shroud down over his head, revealing long black hair. Seeing her shocked look, the child laughed and said, “Yes, Ni-chan, I'm a girl. I find that it's safer to walk the streets when you pretend to be a boy. There's no one to attack you or try and…and steal from you. You can call me—“
“You there! Stop!” someone yelled out gruffly, “Itachi-sama wishes to see you!”
Sasuke kept walking. His chakra lashed out in the air, now completely visible. Sakura and the girl beside her stopped in their tracks and slowly turned around. An entire squad of Sand Chounin were facing them.
“Hey! I said you! Stop walking and turn around with your hands up!” the leader of the squad yelled, one hand reaching towards his weapon pouch. He frowned as Sasuke continued walking forward. “Stop! Itachi-sama wants to see you! You'd best follow his orders, or your life is forfeit! You must do what Itachi-sama says!”
Sasuke froze. “You idiot…you think I care what that Itachi b*stard thinks?” He turned around, his sharingan fixed menacingly on the squad leader. Then he smiled and began walking towards the man, his hands held out loosely at his sides, palms up. “Alright. Take me to him. Take me…if you can. Oh and now that I think of it, you'd be doing me a favor. Oh yes, a great favor. I've been looking for him for the past 16 years! Take me there…take me! It will save me so much trouble…”
Oh no! Sasuke's gone crazy! Yet somehow, she had to stifle back a laugh. If it weren't for the current circumstances, this would be like a madman speaking, and I would be laughing my butt off.
The squad leader seemed to finally realize that Sasuke was more of a threat than he seemed. The rest of his team fidgeted nervously and some even shuffled a step back. Sasuke continued walking towards them, his teeth bared in a sort of intimidating smirk. He continued bombarding the ninjas with insults, calling them amateurs and good-for-nothing fools. A nerve twitched in the squad leader's forehead. He narrowed his eyes and plunged his hand into his weapon pouch. The rest of his team followed suit.
“Itachi-sama never said whether he wanted you dead or alive!” growled the leader, doing his best to sound frightening, but there was a faint tremor in his voice. “So I guess he'll have to have you dead!” He threw several razor-sharp kunai at Sasuke. Sasuke dodged them, but he apparently hadn't seen the needles hiding in their shadows. Sakura gasped and ran towards him, knowing she couldn't reach him in time. “Sasuke-kun!!!” She cried, running at top speed. Then, out of the corner of her eye, she saw something else racing towards him. It was…a cheetah?
As Sakura gasped and rubbed her eyes, trying to get rid of the picture, someone grabbed her from behind. She half-turned, but was stopped short by a resounding pain in her head, spilling black, evil darkness across her eyes. The last thing she saw was a blood red sharingan. As this registered in her dulling mind, she fell towards the ground, only to be caught by two strong hands.
Sasuke could hear the whizzing of the needles in the air, the sharpness of them, and he could sense the poison smeared all over them. But there was too little time. He had placed himself directly into the line of fire, all because of his rage. For once in his life, he actually felt regret and desperateness—he hoped Sakura would get to him in time. He closed his eyes, a half smile on his lips. So this was the end? All of a sudden, something flashed in front of him. At first it looked beige and thin, but his eyes must have played tricks on him, since the next moment, the thing was brown and huge. The needles bounced off of it as it crashed to the ground. Actually, braking right above the dirt was more like it. The huge brown thing was now a small robin, fluttering its wings next to his head. The squad leader gaped in astonishment and reached towards his pocket a gain. Then, something somewhere behind Sasuke seemed to change the man's decision, which was just as well. Sasuke was ready to rip the man's head off.
“Men! Retreat!”
In the flash of an eye, the entire Sand squad disappeared, leaving Sasuke and the strange bird in their wake. The bird flapped its wings again and landed on the ground. Seconds later, the strange girl had taken its place.
“Sasuke-kun, are you alright?” The girl looked up at him with almost worshipful eyes.
Sasuke stared down at her, then quickly regained his composure. However, his voice gave away his surprise. “I…uh, I'm fine. Thanks. What happened there? What just—” His hands moved in strange gestures. “First, uh, first you were…was that a cat or something? Then a turtle, then this…a robin. Wait! Was that even you?” Sasuke felt his face burning. This was the first time he'd been at a loss for words. It was very embarrassing, to say the least.
The girl laughed. “Yeah, it's kind of like my special ability. The problem with me is that I can't use any jutsu. I don't know what's wrong with me…I guess I was just born like that.”
“Don't your parents know?”
“I don't know who my parents are. They were gone after I was born. An old lady from down the street brought me up. She just died last year.”
“Oh. I'm sorry.”
She smiled a sad, faraway smile. “No. I'm sorry. What you've gone through is ten times worse.” She looked at him with sharp, intelligent eyes. “You know, Sasuke-kun…you've always been my idol. I know…it's strange, but it's true.” She smirked and traced patterns in the sand. “You've coped well.”
Sasuke didn't know what to say, so he changed the subject. “We better get back to your place.” Suddenly he realized that something was very, very wrong. “Hey. Where's Sakura?”
 
<Puahahaha!! I loved writing Sasuke as this very surprised and shocked person…heheheh…oh and uh…that girl is mine, not Naruto's…my own invention! =D>