Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura's Romance Novels ❯ Fairytale ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Haku leaned in close, squeezing Pearla's hand eagerly. `Pearla, I've got something to say…'

`Yes, Haku?'

`I…I think I'm in love with y-`”

“SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! LUNCH'S READY!”

Sakura growled. “MOTHER! I'M READING!” She slammed her door and ran back to her bed, grabbing the novel she had been reading before getting so rudely interrupted. “Now, let's see what Haku does next,” she muttered to herself.
“'In love with me?' Pearla asked wondrously. `I-it can't be! What about Sonna?'

Haku pulled Pearla into an intimate embrace. `So
nna means NOTHING to me! YOU are the one I have fallen for, Pearla! You are magnificent. Y-you are…the girl for m-'”

“SAKURA!” her mother meant business, you could hear it in her voice. Sakura fumed, shut her book, and ran downstairs with it.

At the dinner table, Sakura's father eyed his daughter curiously. “Still reading romance I see.” He scoffed. “You should be focusing on your studies!”

“Father, I beg you not to contradict me.” Sakura stuck her nose up into the air and took a sip of her lemonade.

Sakura's mother rolled her eyes, placing the lasagna onto the table. “She's speaking like the heroine from her books again. My Sakura, you are a curious one.”

Sakura smiled to herself behind her glass. She was doing it, she was actually acting like the women in the books she so loved! It wouldn't be long before she got a romantic-type romance with her long-time crush- Sasuke!!

xxxxxxxx


Kakashi stood with two-thirds of his squad, wondering where on Earth his only-female pink-haired pupil was.

Naruto stomped on the ground impatiently. “Why is Sakura taking so long?” he wailed.

“Shut up. You're even more annoying,” Sasuke snapped. He walked over to a shady spot away from his frustrating team and took a seat against the bark of a tree, fuming.

Suddenly, the scent of Sakura flowers filled the training meadow. Each pair of eyes (One of Kakashi's covered) turned to the entrance of the meadow from the village. A pink spot could be seen in the distance.

Sakura's eyes were closed in concentration. Suddenly, she sprang up like a ballerina and twirled through the air. “I have arrived!” she announced. “Training will commence now that we are all here as one!”

She twirled towards her team and then bowed graciously. Kakashi simply stared, bewildered. Naruto scratched his head and then began to applaud. “YEAH! WOOOO! Sakura-chan!!!”

“Thank you, thank you.” Sakura stood up straight and dramatically ran a hand through her hair, her eyes were `lost in the distance'. Slowly, she `returned to Earth' and her emerald eyes set on her third squad mate, Sasuke.

Everyone turned to look at him; Sasuke growled. Slowly, he got up, staring at the floor.

Uh-oh, Kakashi thought, knowing his student well. He took a step back. Naruto stupidly took one forward. Sakura turned her feet outwards like in the stance of a ballroom dancer.

Another low growl was heard from Sasuke as he lifted his dark eyes. “You guys are all NUTS!” He let a blow of fire-jutsu sail forward; scorching Naruto's blond hair. Naruto yelped and hopped around while Sasuke retreated into the forest, furious.

Sakura sighed dramatically. “I wonder what has happened to the poor boy to cause such a ruckus?” Her answer was a bunch of glares. Sakura snapped out of it. “What? What'd I do?”

xxxxxxxx

“Mother!” Sakura came prancing down her stairs to the kitchen. “Mother, it is a tragedy!” She waited for her mother to reply, which came in a gruff response below the kitchen sink. “I have misplaced my shoes!” Sakura placed one hand over her heart and the other onto her forehead and stood like that until her mother got up to face her.

“Your shoes are in the front hall, by the door. Sakura, I don't have time for this. I have to make dinner and take a picture of you before you leave for the dance, and oh my gosh I'll never get all the chores done!” Sakura's mother fell onto a kitchen chair in exasperation. “Please, honey, be a…princess at the dance, but not here.”

Sakura frowned. “Whatever do you mean? I always speak like this!” She huffed and stalked off towards the front door. “I am departing!”

Sakura stood waiting impatiently as her mother ran forward, snapping a couple of pictures. “You look beautiful, darling” She smiled at her daughter. “They boys will love you. Just…be yourself, okay?”

Sakura smiled like a queen. “Of course, I am always myself!” With that, she made a dramatic exit out of her house, letting the door slam. Sakura's mother just shook her head, wondering when this troublesome phase would pass.

xxxxxxxx

“Hehehe, Sakura you look great!” Naruto cackled, grinning his fox-like grin.

Sakura smiled but did not offer him her hand for a kiss. “Where is Sasuke?”

Naruto just stared at her. “He's not here yet.”

Sakura gave a small gasp. “Not here! What can you mean?! It is the Konoha Dance!”

Naruto just shrugged at her, sticking a finger in his ear. “I think he's late. He was in a better mood though, I just talked to him twenty minutes ago.”

Sakura smiled, walking away `mysteriously'. “Of course, the prince awaits the princess!”

xxxxxxxx

It was almost the end of the dance and Sakura was getting tired of sticking her chin up and taking little tastes from the snack stand. Giving up, she threw her shoes off into a corner and went to get a soda. “Better dance while I can,” she said to herself.

The DJ turned on one of Sakura's favorite tunes. “Oh YEAH!” She exclaimed, scaring away a volunteer. “I gotta dance to this!” She tore the troublesome bottom of her dress off and ran to the center of the dance floor. “WOOO!” She swung her hips and raised her arms into the air, enjoying every moment of sweet freedom. Before long Naruto and Lee had joined her in a mini circle of boogying.

The songs finally ended and the DJ took the microphone. “Konoha ninjaaas!” he bellowed. “Time for the final JAM! A slow song dedicated to all our lovers out there! YEAH!” He went back to his stand and flipped a CD in.

The lights were dimmed and Naruto and Lee retreated to get some drinks. Sakura sighed as all around her pairs began to get together blissfully. She looked down at her bare feet and torn gown. “I guess my princess tale didn't come true after all.” She tried to laugh it off but it came out sad. “Oh…well…”

Suddenly, there was a short burst of bright light as the front doors were opened and a dark figure came in, wearing a handsome tuxedo. Sakura tried to focus her eyes onto the person who had entered the dance so mysteriously. Is that…Sasuke?

Sakura's eyes widened as the handsome boy approached her. He took her in with his dark, deep eyes and smirked playfully. Sakura was about to flee when Sasuke reached for her hands, taking each palm carefully yet firmly to keep his teammate from running away.

Sasuke leaned in close, breathing onto Sakura's neck. “Ah, you're finally looking more like my princess.” Sakura's eyes widened; she looked down at herself.

“Like…like this?!” she exclaimed. “B-b-but....”

They boy just smirked at her once more. “This is my Sakura.”

Sakura blushed bright pink and then bravely placed a hand onto his shoulder. “So…will you dance with me?”

Sakura got yet another smirk as Sasuke leaned in close, his mouth nearly on hers. “Of course, princess.”

The kunoichi gasped, and that was all it took for Sasuke's lips to crash down onto hers. During their kiss, Sakura smiled. Well, I guess it's a good thing I decided to return all those romance books to the library today. My fairy tale… is right here.