Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sasuke's Child ❯ Loneliness ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Karasu awoke to see himself on a bed and his uncle in a chair looking out the window. "What happened?" Karasu asked as he proped himself up. "You're going to meet my teammate, Kisame. The boss said you are assigned with us, and Sasuke is still alive if you look beside you." Karasu did as he was told and he saw his father lying next to him on the bed beside him. "Shoot! I didn't let him out!" Karasu said cursing his own stupidity. "Karasu, don't release him. Not yet, wait 10 minutes. Tell Sasuke using the Makengyo Sharigan, that if he wants to escape, do it when he wakes up." Karasu looked at Itachi in shock. "Karasu, if you want Sasuke to live, do as I say." Itachi instructed his nephew in a way that Karasu knew he wasn't kidding. "Fine, if I pass out, at least there's a bed to catch me now!" Karasu said sort of happily. Karasu then went and opened his father's eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
"How are you doing?" Karasu asked as he showed himself this time. "Heh, if it isn't the brat who did the Makengyo Sharingan on me. Why do you care if I'm okay or not?" Sasuke spat at him with some fury. "Well, let's see, I'M YOUR SON! Plus I didn't have a choice. I HAD to. It's better than the alternative, which was KILLING you!" Karasu spat back in just as much fury. "Oh, is that any excuse to stab me for 120 hours!?" Karasu could tell that he wasn't making any progress with talking with Sasuke. "Look, uncle Itachi..." "Oh, that's just great, my brother, who KILLED our clan can have more respect from my son than I can!" Sasuke yelled out. "You know what! At least HE didn't know I was born till maybe last month! So he has an excuse! You on the other hand couldn't even stick around long enough to care!" Sasuke looked at his son for the first real time. What he saw was a young man who was angry, not at just anyone, he was angry at him. "You know what dad, at least uncle Itachi cares! He treats me like I'm his nephew, not as if I were a piece of trash thrown out into the garbage dump. And so you know, I'm going to release you in 10 minutes, then you are to flee." Karasu said looking away from him. "By the way, I only joined the Akatsuki so I could find YOU. I wanted to know you. But I guess I might as well talk to a grave." When he finished, he left the world of the Makengyo Sharingan.
 
 
 
 
 
Karasu returned to see Itachi trying to release his hands from Sasuke's neck. "Karasu! Let him go!" Itachi yelled at him while Karasu's grip released. "What in God's name happened!?" Itachi yelled out as Karasu looked at him. "Me and dad had a fight, again, I guess my body just responded when we fought. Sorry, uncle..." Karasu said as he put his hands in back of him. Itachi didn't respond, he just laid Sasuke back on the bed. "So how much longer till I can release him?" Karasu asked hoping to lighten the mood. "Now if you want. Kisame will be here soon." Itachi said as Karasu released Sasuke. "What... Hey what's going on!?" Sasuke yelled out. "JUST GET LOST!" Karasu yelled back crying, running to the door, then exiting. "Sasuke, Karasu just wanted to know you." Itachi said before knocking him out.
 
 
 
 
 
"Hey kid, what's the matter?" Someone asked as Karasu actiivated his Sharingan. "Leave me alone!" Karasu growled showing his eyes. "Those are like Itachi's! That means you're the kid everyones been talking about!" The person said while Karasu's anger grew. Karasu tried to go around them, only to have his cloak grabed. "Let me go!" Karasu screamed as he found himself on the mans shoulders. "Sorry kid, I bet Itachi's looking for you." The man said as he opened the door. "Uncle! Help!" Karasu cried out, only to realize Itachi wasn't there. "Where's Itachi, huh kid?" He asked Karasu sort of ticked off when he put him on the ground. "He was just here, I don't know what he did when I ran out. Hey wait, are you that Kisame guy, he was talking about?" Karasu asked as he found himself on the ground. "Yep, I'm Kisame, and why did you run out for?" Kisame seemed the talkative / curious type to Karasu. "I'd rather not say, and by the way, my names not kid, it's Karasu." Karasu didn't like being called kid, he had worked too hard over the years to be called that. "I see, well anyway, we should wait for Itachi." Kisame said as Karasu sat back on the bed he was on earlier.
 
 
 
 
 
Karasu was sleeping on the bed by the time Itachi had returned. "Karasu wake up." Itachi said softly as he pushed him lightly. "Huh, oh hi uncle Itachi." Karasu yawned out as he sat up. "Itachi, where's Sasuke?" Kisame asked as Karasu fully woke up. "Yeah uncle, where's dad!?" Karasu asked in the moment. "Sasuke escaped, that's what took me so long. He drove me out to the middle of nowhere to fight." Itachi explained as he then revealed his injured arm. "Are you okay uncle?" Karasu asked looking over his arm. Itachi flinched when Karasu touched it. "Let me heal it, that way you won't have to deal with the pain." Karasu stared at Itachi as he started to heal him. "So Karasu, who taught you healing arts?" Kisame asked from behind him. "Tsunade, the 5th Hokage." Karasu replied as he gave Itachi his arm back. "So Tsunade taught you, she did a good job." Itachi said flexing his arm. "If there's any medical needs just tell me, I'll heal you." karasu said happily. "Haha! I'm liking your nephew Itachi! He's a hoot!" Kisame said with a laugh. Karasu was starting to feel like one of the guys as he sort of smiled at Kisame. "Heh, so what's our next mission, huh uncle Itachi!?" Karasu asked with excitement. Being a Akatsuki member was pretty fun, Karasu was enjoying it. "We have to talk with the boss first. Can you do that Kisame? Me and Karasu have to talk about something." Karasu was curious about what Itachi might want to talk about. "Sure, besides I have to report to him anyway. Exspecially since Sasuke's gone." Kisame said leaving the room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Uncle, what did you want to talk about?" Karasu asked curiously. "Sasuke, he told me before he left that you joined the Akatsuki only to find him. Tell me Karasu, if Sasuke were to agree to go back with you to the Leaf, would you leave the Akatsuki? If so, don't worry, I won't turn you in." Karasu looked at him for a moment, then out the window. "Yeah, the only reason I joined was so I could find him. Every time I talk to him, he yells at me! It's like a hopeless cause, but I don't want it to be." Itachi gave what was close to a smile to Karasu. "I knew it, from the first moment we met you wanted to bring Sasuke back to the Leaf with you." "Is it ovious?" Karasu asked as he sort of blushed. "No, you had me going, you're great at being a ninja because you so well at hiding emotions. But Sasuke wanted me to tell you something because he was feeling the same way I was." Karasu jolted his head up at the mention that his father had told Itachi something to tell him. "What did he say!?" Karasu yelled franticly. "He said that he wants you to stop tracting him. You are annoying to him." Itachi stopped there cause he saw tears run down Karasu's face. "Karasu, we had a fight because I told him how much effort you put in to keep him alive. He told me it wasn't any of my bussiness. Sasuke doesn't like the fact that I'm closer to you than he is." Itachi could tell if he said anymore that Karasu's tears would never stop. Karasu was on the floor, crying his eyes out. "Karasu, it's okay. I'll tell you what, we'll change Sasuke's mind, together. Just you wait. I'll even return to Konoha with you afterward if you want." Itachi said as he scooped the boy up in his arms. "Hey Itachi.... Ew, what happened?" Kisame said, knowing he walked in on a personal moment.
 
 
 
 
 
Itachi, Kisame, and Karasu all were in the land of the Water in search of Sasuke, again. "how come WE'VE got to find the brat!?" Kisame yelled as they sat at a table. "Because it is our mission, right Karasu." Itachi said in light of the fact that they lost him. "Whatever." Karasu was acting more like Itachi by the day now. He wasn't as outgoing and friendly ever since he heard what Sasuke had told him. "Come on Karasu, you know you want to see Sasuke again!" Kisame said in hopes to cheer him up. "Yeah, so I can kill him." Itachi and Kisame looked at their comrade in shock. "Surely you don't mean that, Karasu." Itachi said shocked that his nephew seemed serious about killing Sasuke. "Heh, if he thinks I'm going to let him live after he escaped, he's wrong." Karasu seemed to get a thrill out of the thought of Sasuke dead. "Karasu, we need to talk, alone." Itachi said grabing him by the arm.
 
 
 
 
 
"What is your problem Karasu?" Itachi said looking him in the eye. "I don't want anyone else catching on to my true motives. So I'm trying to act more like you!" Karasu laughed out which surprised Itachi. "You were acting like me." Itachi said blankly. "Yep! How am I doing?" Karasu asked happier than Itachi had seen him lately. "Great, so much so, that me and Kisame thought it wasn't an act. Keep it up, we'll talk to Sasuke soon." Itachi said as Karasu smiled. "I know! I can't wait! When we see him again, I'm going to try my best to change his mind!" Karasu said before he and Itachi went back to where they were sitting.
 
 
 
 
 
"So what's wrong with you Karasu? Are you proving that all Uchiha's are a stick in the mud?" Kisame asked as Karasu and Itachi sat back down. "Yeah, whatever. We Uchiha's are above all other clans, we cannot allow ourselves to be deluted to common levels." Karasu said in a stuck up way, which ticked Kisame off. "Why you little runt!" Kisame said to him as he threw a punch at him. "Is that all you've got?" Karasu asked catching his fist. This surprised Kisame and Itachi because Kisame was not only strong, but very fast. "H... How did you do that!?" Kisame asked astonished. "Easy, my Sharingan is so advanced that I saw your punch coming before you even tried." Karasu laughed out at him. "You... You're a annoying, spoiled, little runt!" Kisame said throwing another punch which was caught. "Sit down Kisame, you're causing a scene." Itachi said as he looked at how many people were staring at them. "Fine." Kisame growled as Karasu started to play with a coin.
 
 
 
 
 
Karasu sat in a tree while the other two were sleeping. 'I hate how I acted to Kisame. But I can't have him knowing the truth.' Karasu thought as he dangled his leg it the tree. "You know, if you fall, Itachi won't catch you." Said a voice from behind him. "Uncle Itachi doesn't have to catch me. I'm smart enough to use chakera." Karasu told the person. "I see your tongue is sharper since the last time we met..." The person said now below him. "Who cares, you sure don't. If I died, what do you care?" Karasu spat angerly. "I guess I should. I'm sorry Karasu, maybe I'll go with you soon, my son." Karasu could tell that when those words were said, the person, Sasuke, had left. 'He has a way of knowing when I DON'T want to see him. Well maybe soon he'll come with me, and uncle Itachi.' Karasu thought looking at the fullmoon as the wind played with his hair.